Bulldogs Eyewitness -The Social Media Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

What a load of rubbish. Do you realise it's now his JOB as a footy analyst to be as objective as possible. It's a bloody competitive industry with legends of the game retiring each year to potentially take his spot. How long do you think he'll last if he has to tip toe around so as to not hurt the feelings of some precious little snowflakes that can't handle a little objective analysis.

Murph's just doing his job. He has to put food on the table for his kids just like the rest of us. Stop being a precious little snowflake.
What a childish post.
If part of putting food on the table is denigrating and losing your mates get a better job.

Regarding Bob and Dahl

Dahl seems aggrieved at Bob's comments and I can understand to some extent why especially on top of his recent contract negotiations with the club.

But I think if Dahl was so aggrieved he should have addressed Bobs comments immediately not wait till he was thousands of klms away to start the conversation on social media.

I am assuming yes that Dahl did not address this with Bob prior to him jetting off.

As for Bobs comments, I don't think they were that bad. I took them more as an observation rather than anything else but Bob had to be mindful that Dahl was in contract negotiations and it seemed from the outside that he wanted to stay and the club was holding its line in terms of offer and the feedback they had given him.

What a load of rubbish. Do you realise it's now his JOB as a footy analyst to be as objective as possible. It's a bloody competitive industry with legends of the game retiring each year to potentially take his spot. How long do you think he'll last if he has to tip toe around so as to not hurt the feelings of some precious little snowflakes that can't handle a little objective analysis.

Murph's just doing his job. He has to put food on the table for his kids just like the rest of us. Stop being a precious little snowflake.
Oh oh...thems fighting words!

Mate it’s so obvious the majority on here are just “group think” followers that simply won’t accept the club dues anything wrong EVER.

The last two years have been Jake and Luke’s fault entirely and now they are gone there is a clear path to the next 3-4 flags.

Or that the club is wrong every bloody time.

But nobody thinks like that...

Regarding Bob and Dahl
Dahl seems aggrieved at Bob's comments and I can understand to some extent why especially on top of his recent contract negotiations with the club.
But I think if Dahl was so aggrieved he should have addressed Bobs comments immediately not wait till he was thousands of klms away to start the conversation on social media.
I am assuming yes that Dahl did not address this with Bob prior to him jetting off.
As for Bobs comments, I don't think they were that bad. I took them more as an observation rather than anything else but Bob had to be mindful that Dahl was in contract negotiations and it seemed from the outside that he wanted to stay and the club was holding its line in terms of offer and the feedback they had given him.
I don't think Bob's or Dalhlaus' comments were that bad at all and don't understand why everyone is so up in arms about it all.
Move on...

Personally i thought Dahl always put in 100% into games in 2017.

I think the question is putting in 100% for 4 quarters and did he and others put in 100% preparation? Only those within know the answer. Without preparation, a 100% effort game day doesn’t equal capability.
I believe what we see on game day and what happens in between could be two different things and this just doesn’t relate to The Dollhouse. I don’t see it as coincidence that since our historic GF win that there is a correlation between mumorings of a GF hangover, talk of bullying and the players no longer with us. It’s a shame that such a historic win could do so much damage but we’re talking about a group of young men.I liken it a little to some who win lotto. They go out and spend spend spend only to realise they have nothing left all to fast. Others invest prudently and enjoy a rich and rewarding life. The club has seen a mix of both but luckily for us they have stepped in to ensure the prudent ones have the chance of more spoils rather than being caught up with the frivolous.
Whilst it upsets me seeing the current turmoil and the fact there will be jaded memories of some players, I’m actually glad the club is making a stance as it gives us a chance of sustained success rather than allowing a toxic culture/cancer to spread within.

WESTERN Bulldogs great Bob Murphy has responded to former teammate Luke Dahlhaus’ Instagram post.
Dahlhaus took to Instagram to respond to comments from Murphy over his “dedication” after the 2016 premiership.

The 312-gamer told SEN on Wednesday the pair were having “a little footy tiff” but it was nothing a “cup of coffee” couldn’t resolve.

“I love Luke. We’re tight. We’re having a little footy tiff,” Murphy said on SEN.

“We’re both doing difficult jobs, so you don’t want to get asked about it.

“You (Garry Lyon and Tim Watson) asked me a direct question and I gave an observation about Luke, about his footy and he didn’t appreciate that. And that’s fair enough. Nothing that a cup of coffee can’t sort out.

“He’s overseas … we’ll catch up when he gets back.”

Murphy had told SEN on September 5 he thought a “few of them (the Bulldogs), in 2017, took their eye off the ball”.

“I think Luke would put his hand up to say that he maybe wasn’t as dedicated or hungry as he’d been the years before.

“That was his thing, he missed out on the draft because he wasn’t the most talented, but he was a ball of hunger and selflessness.

“He still does play like that, but the last two years, it’s been shaded a little bit and not what it was.”

On Sunday, Dahlhaus posted several Instagram stories as well as a post repeatedly mentioning motivation.

“How unmotivating is this? I feel so unmotivated,” Dahlhaus said sarcastically while sitting on a beach.

“I swear when I woke up after 2016 I was just so unmotivated. F*****g hell, I wish I was listening to SEN.

“Holy f*** that shoe is so unmotivating. It must have been made in 2016.”

He also posted a photo of him and Liberatore with the caption “Wow I feel so motivated”.

Dahlhaus is set to join Geelong on a four-year deal worth over $2 million, first reported by foxfooty.com.au’s Tom Morris.

The forward kicked just two goals in 17 games in 2018.

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/...s/news-story/ef8d049c5d12fb366659ae528942e933

Now let's see if Dahl has the maturity to accept Bob's peace gesture. He once said of Bob "He taught me to read books and drink coffee."

Come on fellas, it's not worth going on with this, too trivial.

images

people,

can we please cut out the faux tough guy crap and cease with the baiting of posters. Its old, and not appreciated.

I don't see what's wrong with Dahl deleting his Premiership pics. Every time I get divorced I delete the pics of the missuses on my Insta. It's kinda empty now.

Agreed. It's pretty common practice for anyone in the process of changing clubs. We're such a bunch of drama queens, especially at this time of year
Has hamling deleted his bulldogs pics ? Or stringer ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What a childish post.
If part of putting food on the table is denigrating and losing your mates get a better job.

Rofl "denigrating". So anytime a footy analyst objectively says anything negative about a player it's denigrating? Come off it. It's their bloody job.

This is exactly what Murph said: “I think Luke would put his hand up to say that he maybe wasn’t as dedicated or hungry as he’d been the years before."

That is as light as it gets when it comes to footy analysts objective criticism.

My question to you is, how exactly was Murph supposed to answer the question? It's easy to be critical of someone without offering any real alternatives yourself. He was asked a direct question in his job as a football analyst. Is he supposed to just flat out lie? "Na Luke is training harder than he ever has before". Or is he supposed to plead the fifth? "Na sorry I can't answer that question because he is my friend" lol.

Let's be real. Murph's analysis of Dahl is some of the lightest criticism you can get as a footy analyst. So if we use that as a baseline then you're basically saying Murph can't say anything critical of any Dogs player when commentating/analysing the Dogs since he's friends with every player at the club.
So his commentary/analysis will be filled with a bunch of "Sorry I can't answer that", or "Terrible handpa...err, I mean uhh good try by Bont."

How long do you think he'll last in the footy analyst industry if he keeps that charade up. Especially when he's competing for work with the likes of Browny, Riewoldt, Hodgy, etc who all have reputations of calling it exactly as they see it, without beating around the bush or tip toeing around so as not to hurt some precious snowflakes feelings.

So again I ask you, how was Murph, a footy analyst, supposed to answer that direct question put to him?

Last edited:
Both in the wrong on this one. Might as well just move on

Although there is another side of it for Murphy. Missing out on that premiership would have killed him. And we should have been cherry ripe for another go at it in 2017. Knowing it was his last chance and seeing players not put the same effort in would be devastating to him. He would know more than us about the effort they put in. Personally i thought Dahl always put in 100% into games in 2017. Maybe it was training and other development he was referring to. If the "group" of players had of put more effort in and improved, it could have offset M.Boyd and Murphy coming to the end. You never know but it's possible.

Same goes for the off-field staff. Seeing coaches being put into roles where they weren't as good, i'd be pissed off at that too. Sounds a bit selfish but they play for premierships and Murphy missed a massive opportunity which would hurt like hell.
Perhaps Murphy was selfish in wanting the be captain in his last season needlessly messing with the winning formula from September 2016.

Rofl "denigrating". So anytime a footy analyst objectively says anything negative about a player it's denigrating? Come off it. It's their bloody job.

This is exactly what Murph said: “I think Luke would put his hand up to say that he maybe wasn’t as dedicated or hungry as he’d been the years before."

That is as light as it gets when it comes to footy analysts objective criticism.

My question to you is, how exactly was Murph supposed to answer the question? It's easy to be critical of someone without offering any real alternatives yourself. He was asked a direct question in his job as a football analyst. Is he supposed to just flat out lie? "Na Luke is training harder than he ever has before". Or is he supposed to plead the fifth? "Na sorry I can't answer that question because he is my friend" lol.

Let's be real. Murph's analysis of Dahl is some of the lightest criticism you can get as a footy analyst. So if we use that as a baseline then you're basically saying Murph can't say anything critical of any Dogs player when commentating/analysing the Dogs since he's friends with every player at the club.
So his commentary/analysis will be filled with a bunch of "Sorry I can't answer that", or "Terrible handpa...err, I mean uhh good try by Bont."

How long do you think he'll last in the footy analyst industry if he keeps that charade up. Especially when he's competing for work with the likes of Browny, Riewoldt, Hodgy, etc who all have reputations of calling it exactly as they see it, without beating around the bush or tip toeing around so as not to hurt some precious snowflakes feelings.

So again I ask you, how was Murph, a footy analyst, supposed to answer that direct question put to him?
He can answer in any way he likes. But he'll have to wear the consequences to his personal relationships. As he seems to have. To be a media commentator/critic is a lonely profession.

By the way your use of the word "snowflake" as a pejorative immediately makes me want to completely dismiss your post out of hand as it is boring, unoriginal and lazy. It is about as played out as a bulldog's supporter berating others for accepting mediocrity.

He can answer in any way he likes. But he'll have to wear the consequences to his personal relationships. As he seems to have. To be a media commentator/critic is a lonely profession.

By the way your use of the word "snowflake" as a pejorative immediately makes me want to completely dismiss your post out of hand as it is boring, unoriginal and lazy. It is about as played out as a bulldog's supporter berating others for accepting mediocrity.

He maybe shouldn’t have used the word snowflake, but Mike to make out that what Murphy said was a denigration loses all sense of reason and reality. If you’ve got issues with ex players going into the media that’s a different discussion. Murphy was fair playing huge complements to Dahls work ethic as a young player and his selflessness as a teammate but honest in saying that he hadn’t been at that same high standard in the past two years.

If that’s denigrating someone or some betrayal of trust or mateship then every piece of constructive criticism or feedback in the history of human kind has been.

Perhaps method of delivery was not to your liking but I imagine the likes of Bevo, Wood, Bont and Morris said some very similar comments to him during the past two years.

Last edited:
Never mind a little tiff between a couple of former teammates , the level of angst among our BF brothers
Is getting a bit silly.
Perhaps some us more senior blokes , Fossie , dogwatch can act as a counciling service ;)

The issue for me is not even necessarily about Dahlhaus. Reap what you sow and all that.

The issue for me is Chatham House rules. Those who believe in and abide by them...and those who don't.

Never mind a little tiff between a couple of former teammates , the level of angst among our BF brothers
Is getting a bit silly.
Perhaps some us more senior blokes , Fossie , dogwatch can act as a counciling service ;)
people,

can we please cut out the faux tough guy crap and cease with the baiting of posters. Its old, and not appreciated.
Now let's see if Dahl has the maturity to accept Bob's peace gesture. He once said of Bob "He taught me to read books and drink coffee."

Come on fellas, it's not worth going on with this, too trivial.

images

Hah that gave me a smile to start the day King Harold :). Whatever our differences on here it should never get to the level of putting others down.
Recently I went for a walk down the street late at night and saw someone had written this on the footpath. [Outside the bank of all places :p ]. It was just after someone I know had passed away and I found it kind of moving.
IMG_0994.JPG

He maybe shouldn’t have used the word snowflake, but Mike to make out that what Murphy said was a denigration loses all sense of reason and reality. If you’ve got issues with ex players going into the media that’s a different discussion. Murphy was fair playing huge complements to Dahls work ethic as a young player and his selflessness as a teammate but honest in saying that he hadn’t been at that same high standard in the past two years.

If that’s denigrating someone or some betrayal of trust or mateship then every piece of constructive criticism or feedback in the history of human kind has been.

Perhaps method of delivery was not to your liking but I imagine the likes of Bevo, Wood, Bont and Morris said some very similar comments to him during the past two years.
Those comments are fine behind closed doors. He said them in public, which I acknowledge is his job but it's a shitty job.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back