Draft Review 2014 - Redo the 2014 AFL Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

If I was building a list rn I’m be picking De Goey first & foremost. The kid is an absolute dynamo bull. Quick, agile & dynamic yet strong, tough & built like a brick sh#t house. He’s the AFL bully takin over the reins from Dusty I have no doubts. He’s like Bane Omg wow. Want. Should be the highest paid player in comp next contract. Then I’m going Heeney. Not sure who after that it’s a pretty ordinary draft really.

Langford has played about 10 good weeks of footy, good for him, and Petracca still had a clearly superior season statistically. Its important not to get caught up in the hype, and judge things as they are rather than getting caught up in expectations and ceilings. There's not many, if any, neutrals that would take Langford ahead of Petracca at this point in time.
No one is taking Langford before Petracca. But it’s Essendon and the off season. Not sure why your surprised.

Guessing you are selectively only reading a couple of posts here huh?
Think the clear majority of Essendon fans would have Langford outside the top 20 for this draft. Granted the majority also believe he has good potential for next year, yet I highly doubt that they've also forgotten the three and a half years of being a battler that preceded his switch to the midfield.

But, old Bill doesn't miss a chance to talk about his favorite club.

Langford has played about 10 good weeks of footy, good for him, and Petracca still had a clearly superior season statistically. Its important not to get caught up in the hype, and judge things as they are rather than getting caught up in expectations and ceilings. There's not many, if any, neutrals that would take Langford ahead of Petracca at this point in time.

Wow when you said clearly superior I was actually expecting it to be significant. Two disposals more though also two clangers more, nearly two tackles less and pretty much everything else even from an extra 7% game time.

I wouldn’t take Langford ahead but statistically that is a poor argument to make.

1. De Goey
2. Heeney
3. Andrews
4. Brayshaw
5. Mclean
6. Steele
7. Lever
8. Petracca
9. Lambert
10. Short

I like the list.

Except I reckon I would swap Steele and Lambert

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

1. De Goey
2. Brayshaw
3. Andrews
4. Heeney
5. Petracca
6. Blakely
7. Lever
8. Mcgovern
9. Mclean
10. Weller
Good list, was scouting to see if anyone put Brayshaw just off Brownlow night. Would’ve been low key funny

Glad people mature enough not to tho.

Also how Brayshaw outpolled Oliver and Gawn when Brayshaw had like 8 changers/turnovers is beyond me

Good list, was scouting to see if anyone put Brayshaw just off Brownlow night. Would’ve been low key funny

Glad people mature enough not to tho.

Also how Brayshaw outpolled Oliver and Gawn when Brayshaw had like 8 changers/turnovers is beyond me

Helmet means the umpires notice every time he gets the ball.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pies got De Goey, Moore, Maynard and Cox from this draft. Not a bad return, 3/4 are key parts of the side playing this weekend and would be 4/4 if Moore every manages to stay injury free.

Love doing these

Top 25
1 De Goey
2 Andrews
3 Heeney
4 Brayshaw
5 Petracca
6 Lever
7 T Miller
8 O McDonald
9 Lambert
10 Mclean
11 Weller
12 Steele
13 McGovern
14 Moore
15 Daniel
16 Langdon
17 Wright
18 D Butler
19 Marchbank
20 Maynard
21 Short
22 McKenna
23 ANB
24 D Howard
25 Duggan
26 D Howe
27 Sinclair
28 Cordy
29 Castagna
30 Langford

N Newman A vandenberg and j lonie next

Blokes like cockatoo ahern vickers Willis b Dale gowers Melican all with the ability to get in just need to play more

Petracca is 186cm, De Goey is 191cm. That is significantly bigger.

De Goey's also shown he can do it onball as well which you'd remember from the Queen's Birthday. To say he's ahead of Petracca and Heeney is an understatement. I don't know why Melbourne and Sydney supporters have so much trouble with this,
I'm pretty confident that if the draft was redone tomorrow, Degoey would go number 1, but if it had have been re-done at the end of one of the previous 3 years, Heeney would have gone number 1. Things can change pretty quickly. There's no need to disparage some bloody fantastic prospects.

Whilst, I think that Degoey is going to be the best forward since Buddy Franklin, I wouldn't put it past Heeney, Petracca, Brayshaw, Andrews or even Darcy Moore going past Degoey in the near future. They're fantastic young prospects.

I'm pretty confident that if the draft was redone tomorrow, Degoey would go number 1, but if it had have been re-done at the end of one of the previous 3 years, Heeney would have gone number 1. Things can change pretty quickly. There's no need to disparage some bloody fantastic prospects.

Whilst, I think that Degoey is going to be the best forward since Buddy Franklin, I wouldn't put it past Heeney, Petracca, Brayshaw, Andrews or even Darcy Moore going past Degoey in the near future. They're fantastic young prospects.
It's not disparaging to say you think someone is better than someone else. I didn't bag Heeney, I just pointed out that to say that De Goey is a better player than him is an understatement. I think most people would agree with that and so does the open market for that matter.

Love doing these

Top 25
1 De Goey
2 Andrews
3 Heeney
4 Brayshaw
5 Petracca
6 Lever
7 T Miller
8 O McDonald
9 Lambert
10 Mclean
11 Weller
12 Steele
13 McGovern
14 Moore
15 Daniel
16 Langdon
17 Wright
18 D Butler
19 Marchbank
20 Maynard
21 Short
22 McKenna
23 ANB
24 D Howard
25 Duggan
26 D Howe
27 Sinclair
28 Cordy
29 Castagna
30 Langford

N Newman A vandenberg and j lonie next

Blokes like cockatoo ahern vickers Willis b Dale gowers Melican all with the ability to get in just need to play more
No Blakely? Has looked very good early in his career. I expect him to be a David Mundy type down the track.

Threads like this are the reason people shouldn’t crack it on draft night because their team chose one player over another. I still remember the whinging on the Collingwood board because we chose a ‘vanilla’ midfielder in De Goey over Peter Wright. Pretty safe to say if this draft is redone tomorrow that JDG goes number 1, has potential to be the best player in the comp and plays well on the big stage (hopefully with a few more chances to do it on GF day).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back