Certified Legendary Thread WE ******* DID IT!!!!!!!!! GET AROUND US TIGES PREMIERS 2017

Best Player in the Grand Final?

• Total voters

Tigerbob68

????????????
May 19, 2016
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Watched it again last night. Was going to watch it at 2.30 today but that may be a good time to go to the laundromat, haha!! I actually noticed three things watching last night that I had never spotted in all the times I'd watched it.
When Jack kicks the first goal of the second quarter a Crows fan leans over the fence and claps wildly obviously thinking her player had touched it. Then when the umps are talking she is making the 'score review' hand signal. Would love to see her face when it's called a goal!!
This has probably been mentioned before and just hasn't registered with me. It's a chaotic piece of play and I had to go back to see if my eyes were right ... first piece of play in the 3rd quarter Dusty does a back heel kick off the ground that lands right in Jack Graham's (that is) lap. That sets up the run down for Riewold't big mark.
Also, when Dusty comes down off the stage from getting the Norm Smith all the players are in a big pack congratulating him, the big 3 of the backline are standing off at the back arm in arm. Obviously a tight knit little group!
Screenshot 2018-09-29 07.48.17.png

Anyway, just my opinion but I don't think this thread needs to be locked. It doesn't say Reigning Premiers, just 2017 Premiers. Some people may still wish to post about it. Other threads will pop up if this one is locked I guess.
It sucks that we won't be reigning Premiers after today. Can't believe it's a year already! Whatever the reasons for our capitulation this year I'm sure the players will have learnt a valuable lesson that might set us up for a more successful few seasons to come.

Tiger Claw

Club Legend
Nov 19, 2011
AFL Club
Richmond
But for 1 game we'd be crowding into another thread full of hope and nervous anticipation.

Instead I find myself here remembering 12 months ago which is bitter sweet.

Glad I've got the memories which I'll stoke today listening to the audio files of the finals series and Grand Final from last year as I get on with some work around the place.

RIP 2018. Bring on 2019!

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Oct 2, 2007
Willy back beach
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Everton FC Williamstown FC
Also, when Dusty comes down off the stage from getting the Norm Smith all the players are in a big pack congratulating him, the big 3 of the backline are standing off at the back arm in arm. Obviously a tight knit little group!

A shame they weren't tight last week, they let a ******* spud cut them up. Disgraceful.

TigerTime_89

4x Jack Dyer Medalist
Apr 3, 2018
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Melb Storm, Liverpool, S Thunder
When do our Premiership Cups go? Is it right after the siren?

tigerwill

Premiership Player
Mar 19, 2008
AFL Club
Richmond
Watched it again last night. Was going to watch it at 2.30 today but that may be a good time to go to the laundromat, haha!! I actually noticed three things watching last night that I had never spotted in all the times I'd watched it.
When Jack kicks the first goal of the second quarter a Crows fan leans over the fence and claps wildly obviously thinking her player had touched it. Then when the umps are talking she is making the 'score review' hand signal. Would love to see her face when it's called a goal!!
This has probably been mentioned before and just hasn't registered with me. It's a chaotic piece of play and I had to go back to see if my eyes were right ... first piece of play in the 3rd quarter Dusty does a back heel kick off the ground that lands right in Jack Graham's (that is) lap. That sets up the run down for Riewold't big mark.
View attachment 565557
Anyway, just my opinion but I don't think this thread needs to be locked. It doesn't say Reigning Premiers, just 2017 Premiers. Some people may still wish to post about it. Other threads will pop up if this one is locked I guess.
It sucks that we won't be reigning Premiers after today. Can't believe it's a year already! Whatever the reasons for our capitulation this year I'm sure the players will have learnt a valuable lesson that might set us up for a more successful few seasons to come.

Great work Bob.

Tigerbob68

????????????
May 19, 2016
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
View attachment 565680

My favourite personal photo.
Taken moments after the final siren from the terrace of the Jack Dyer stand.
12 months that changed my life.

Auld Lang Syne
My favourite personal one, just before the siren. I love how the Tigers fans are standing and you can see the line marking where the Richmond bays start!! You can see it on the DVD pretty clearly.
IMAG2444.jpg

Back