General motorsport news thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I'll say what i said when Wilson died there ( and copped a blast from MWNN for saying it :rolleyes: )

WHY THE * ARE THEY RACING THERE ???

Bubba Wallace in the Nascars had a monster there a few weeks ago too

The Widowmaker

Last edited:
What was his problem with it?

Something about me using death to push an agenda :rolleyes:

I'd only unblocked him like 2 weeks beforehand too , went straight back onto the list after that.

Doesnt seem to be much banking there. The car turned around and stayed on the racing line. More banking the car doesnt get so sideways and goes high.
Touch wheels in an open wheeler and you're heading towards the sky.

I think that's always been Pocono's trademark - big wide oval with hardly any banking.

Wickens' crash was massive, but everything did its job and he's alive because of it.

Sounds like no UK team a the Island Classic in 2019. Some issue regarding fuel regs from the sounds. Will be a shame as they're a big part of the event, but I'm sure it'll still be a good show regardless.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Met him at the motor show, must have been 15 years ago. He looked about 90 back then.

4 x ATCC champion, 4 x Phillip Island/Bathurst 500 winner, sunk millions and millions into the sport as a track owner and race promoter. Genuine champion of the sport back in the early days.

Hopefully he found some peace amongst his family before the end.

Now let's hope that Calder and the Thunderdome can actually have more than 5 dollars spent on it and it get restored to its former glory!

Now let's hope that Calder and the Thunderdome can actually have more than 5 dollars spent on it and it get restored to its former glory!
ol' Bob turned Calder into a wasteland. Now it's completely useless as a racetrack because it's been turned into a nuclear wasteland.

A few year back, Vic Labor govt. I was told the Vic Labor govt. was going to spend $70mil on the facility on the condition Bob, CMAS, Drags and bikes got together and sort out their differences.

No chance. The opportunity has passed.