Jeremy McGovern appreciation thread

dave123

Cancelled
Apr 13, 2010
somewhere
AFL Club
West Coast
last Sunday he was in hospital ...had internal bleeding during the week

https://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/j...e/news-story/0240f7a6b38192aa4888a18fe91b1857

Nearly did not play ...

Yup I have emotional attachment to him ....as 15 year old I watched this overweight kid run around marking everything .....I said to mates he’ll okay AFL ONE DAY ...lol was everyone ....laughing at me ...no one laughing now

His dad is a ripping bloke and family are awesome people ...he’s from my home town. I met when he was younger and he was a ripping kid with the best hands I’ve seen. At 15 he had hands that would put Afl players to shame.

I’ve watched his rise and rise

He actually played well today also ....tandem with tommy Barras was awesome

Just a ripping story ...from overweight kid to premiership hero. Love the gov.

There still a place for footballers of all shapes and sizes

Jun 14, 2012
#returnofthewings
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Royals, Wildcats, Warriors
JMcGov's clutch intercept mark near the end of the last was the start of a chain which resulted in the winning goal.
It was a ripper, one of many he's taken for you, and he'll get a lifetime of free drinks for it, deservedly.
Was a great mark

What is the best bit about this, is that he rolled the dice and backed himself in. He left his man 5 meters back from the where he marked it. If he had missed the mark, there was a certain goal over the back

dave123

Cancelled
Apr 13, 2010
somewhere
AFL Club
West Coast
Honestly you could make back 6 appreciation thread. Our defence this game was immense. Got to the point that Collingwood could only score from open play and fast breaks because any regular entry would just get chopped off and rebounded.

It took individual moments of brilliance for them to score

If gaff stays we can build a dynasty....

Total_Juddshanks

Premiership Player
Aug 4, 2005
Fee
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
The good ones
The most impressive part of that play was the rapid fire, bullet accurate kick to Vardy.

The most natural thing in the world to do in that situation is go back and take a careful kick. Instead Gov took it upon himself to execute a risky, immediate inboard kick at a crucial time, which set up two further overlaps down the line because the Collingwood players were streaming forward when gov marked it. Had it not come off he would be copping a hammering but he trusted his skills and his teammates and set up a flag.

565870_79184db2ce0de6f70992f6d9b5c297f9.png

dave123

Cancelled
Apr 13, 2010
somewhere
AFL Club
West Coast
The most impressive part of that play was the rapid fire, bullet accurate kick to Vardy.

The most natural thing in the world to do in that situation is go back and take a careful kick. Instead Gov took it upon himself to execute a risky, immediate inboard kick at a crucial time, which set up two further overlaps down the line because the Collingwood players were streaming forward when gov marked it. Had it not come off he would be copping a hammering but he trusted his skills and his teammates and set up a flag.

Read post match that vardy started his lead before gov had marked it .....he knew then he would mark it

They both took a risk ..awesome reading of the play

Sep 28, 2009
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Reading FC
I reckon this story has had a lot of mayo put on it. Every GF its always someone that miraculously plays through a severe injury. This year Gov gets it. No way he would have ever missed for a cork.

dave123

Cancelled
Apr 13, 2010
somewhere
AFL Club
West Coast
I’m Sure I’ll bump into him down here fishing on a beach and I’ll ask him ....I bumped into him a few times last off season.

last Sunday he was in hospital ...had internal bleeding during the week

https://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/j...e/news-story/0240f7a6b38192aa4888a18fe91b1857

Nearly did not play ...

Yup I have emotional attachment to him ....as 15 year old I watched this overweight kid run around marking everything .....I said to mates he’ll okay AFL ONE DAY ...lol was everyone ....laughing at me ...no one laughing now

His dad is a ripping bloke and family are awesome people ...he’s from my home town. I met when he was younger and he was a ripping kid with the best hands I’ve seen. At 15 he had hands that would put Afl players to shame.

I’ve watched his rise and rise

He actually played well today also ....tandem with tommy Barras was awesome

Just a ripping story ...from overweight kid to overweight premiership hero. Love the gov.

There still a place for footballers of all shapes and sizes

EFA. :p

swannies

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts Armchair Endzone Minor Comp Winner Armchair Endzone Participant
Oct 27, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Swan Districts, Everton
I’m Sure I’ll bump into him down here fishing on a beach and I’ll ask him ....I bumped into him a few times last off season.
Where do you go fishing dave123? We used to go somewhere between Albany and Denmark, lived on Robinson Rd in Gledhow. Left when I was 15 to go to high school and uni and damn I missed the place for 20 years, before I finally got used to Perth. Haven't even taken my sons down there. Best place in the world to grow up. 100 tiger snakes killed one summer.
Love the fat slob as well, he is a true footballer.....

dave123

Cancelled
Apr 13, 2010
somewhere
AFL Club
West Coast
Where do you go fishing dave123? We used to go somewhere between Albany and Denmark, lived on Robinson Rd in Gledhow. Left when I was 15 to go to high school and uni and damn I missed the place for 20 years, before I finally got used to Perth. Haven't even taken my sons down there. Best place in the world to grow up. 100 tiger snakes killed one summer.
Love the fat slob as well, he is a true footballer.....

I go out to nanarup beach ....or Frenchman’s bay with kids

I came back here in 2000....love it

My girlfriend lives on Robinson rd .....small world

Yes lotta snakes here and sharks ..gulp

Back