Current Jimmy Savile

Remove this Banner Ad

Awarded the OBE and knighted by the Queen ... Jimmy Savile.

Sir James Wilson Vincent Savile was an English DJ, television and radio personality who hosted popular BBC shows. He raised an estimated £40 million for charities and at the time of his death was widely praised for his personal qualities and as a fund-raiser. Savile was under police investigation in 2009 and after his death, hundreds of allegations of sexual abuse were made against him, leading the police to believe that Savile had been a predatory sex offender —possibly one of Britain's most prolific. There had been allegations during his lifetime, but they were dismissed and accusers ignored or disbelieved. Savile took legal action against some accusers.

At the BBC, he presented the first edition of Top of the Pops and broadcast on Radio 1 from 1968. From 1975 until 1994, he presented Jim'll Fix It, a popular television programme in which he arranged for the wishes of viewers, mainly children, to come true. During his lifetime, he was noted for fund-raising and supporting charities and hospitals. He was awarded the OBE in 1971 and was knighted in 1990.

In October 2012, almost a year after his death, an ITV documentary examined claims of sexual abuse by Savile and led to extensive media coverage and a substantial and rapidly growing body of witness statements and sexual abuse claims, including accusations against public bodies for covering up or failure of duty. Scotland Yard launched a criminal investigation into allegations of child sex abuse by Savile spanning six decades, describing him as a "predatory sex offender", and later stated that they were pursuing more than 400 lines of inquiry based on the testimony of 300 potential victims via 14 police forces across the UK. By late October 2012, the scandal had resulted in inquiries or reviews at the BBC, within the National Health Service, the Crown Prosecution Service, and the Department of Health. In June 2014, investigations into Savile's activities in 28 NHS hospitals, including Leeds General Infirmary and Broadmoor psychiatric hospital, concluded that he had sexually assaulted staff and patients aged between 5 and 75 over several decades.

In January 2013, a joint report by the NSPCC and Metropolitan Police, stated that 450 people had made complaints against Savile, with the period of alleged abuse stretching from 1955 to 2009 and the ages of the complainants at the time of the assaults ranging from 8 to 47. The suspected victims included 28 children aged under 10, including 10 boys aged as young as 8. A further 63 were girls aged between 13 and 16 and nearly three-quarters of his alleged victims were under 18. Some 214 criminal offences were recorded, with 34 rapes having been reported across 28 police forces.

How BBC star Savile allegedly got away with abusing 500 children .. and necrophilia.

There was always something off about Savile, who hosted the BBC’s “Jim’ll Fix it,” palled around with the royal family, reportedly spent holidays with the Thatchers and was knighted not only by Queen Elizabeth but by Pope John Paul II. But most forgave his idiosyncratic nature. He was, after all, a great man. He raised $5.2 million for a hospital in Leeds, one of the United Kingdom’s largest. He volunteered countless hours as a hospital aide, bussing patients to and fro. He helped scores of young doctors get their starts.

Sure, there were rumors. Whispers that he wasn’t everything he seemed. Murmurs he was really a sexual predator and had abused dozens of children. But they never stuck. Not Jimmy Savile, people told themselves — not “fix-it Jim.”

On October 29, 2011, Savile died at his home in Leeds. “Most of all, I remember him as just a totally flamboyant, over-the-top, larger-than-life character,” radio presenter David Hamilton told the Guardian, praising his “tireless” philanthropy. “And as he was on the air, he was just the same off.”

But he wasn’t. And just how wrong that assessment was emerged this month.

Savile, according to the National Health Service investigation released Thursday, was a prolific pedophile. The health service investigation only confirmed behavior described in several earlier probes since his death. In all, Savile is believed to have abused at least 500 girls and boys, some as young as two, most between 13 and 15, as well as countless adults ranging up to 75 years old. With unfettered access to Leeds General Infirmary, the health service report said, he raped and fondled boys, girls, men and women in offices and corridors. He also allegedly committed sexual acts on dead bodies, and even told several hospital workers that he made jewelry out of one man’s glass eyeball.

As shocking as the findings are, even more shocking is the fact that Savile got away with it for so long. That realization has “shaken our country to the core,” U.K. Health Secretary Jeremy Hunt said Thursday. For decades, while Savile hosted show after show and glad-handed, the abuse went on. Numerous columns have asked: How? How did no one know? Why wasn’t he stopped?

The answer, according to the National Health Service, psychologists and academics, lies in the pervasive and intimidating power of celebrity.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...-sex-with-dead-bodies/?utm_term=.0aacc90c99d6

Another (limited) review:

The Dame Janet Smith Review was established by the BBC to conduct a review of the culture and practices of the BBC during the years that Jimmy Savile worked there. The Review was chaired by Dame Janet Smith DBE.

A further investigation was undertaken into the conduct of Stuart Hall. This was chaired by Dame Linda Dobbs DBE.

http://www.damejanetsmithreview.com/
http://downloads.bbci.co.uk/bbctrus.../dame_janet_smith_review/savile/chapter_5.pdf

BBC Sex Abuse Cases: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BBC_sexual_abuse_cases

savile.jpg
Prior

Last edited:

Grew up watching him on uk tv
Was more famous and well known than Graham Kennedy....two peas in a pod.

What he got away with is staggering. Was listening to a podcast couple of nights ago, it's FIVE hours long there's so much in there. Couldnt handle it for much more than about an hour, pulled the ear phones out when it got to the part where he had a rent free cottage in the grounds of the psychiatric hospital and keys to get in anywhere he wanted. Urgh ..

Yup
Had the keys
Had lots of acquaintances too no doubt

Wandering in and out of Peter Sutcliffe's (Yorkshire Ripper) cell for long chats.

JS-YR.jpg

The Krays.

It might not be a stretch imo, given it took his death for it all to start to come out to suspect that the BBC's Jill Dando's murder was connected somehow.

John Lydon(Johnny Rotten) said decades ago that Jimmy Saville was a creep and a pervert. Lydon was howled down at the time and excoriated by the media. "How dare a "punk" say such things about our Jimmy" they howled.

Should have listened to Lydon, who has always been a very clever and perceptive fellow.

I listen to the Sex Pistols sometimes, Lydon is a really interesting person and he was right way back in the late 1970's.

Banned from the BBC/radio over his comments on Savile, left the UK apparently because the police kept raiding his house. Must not upset the 'establishment'. In an interview a few years ago he said "don't call me a national treasure and I don't need a f***** knighthood either". ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What he got away with is staggering. Was listening to a podcast couple of nights ago, it's FIVE hours long there's so much in there. Couldnt handle it for much more than about an hour, pulled the ear phones out when it got to the part where he had a rent free cottage in the grounds of the psychiatric hospital and keys to get in anywhere he wanted. Urgh ..
Those Conspiracy Guys podcast on Jimmy Savile?

Those Conspiracy Guys podcast on Jimmy Savile?

That's it, I haven't found much else in the way of podcasts on it yet which is interesting as well. Maybe it's too revolting and problematic, fraught with possible legal challenges in and around powerful organisations.

That's it, I haven't found much else in the way of podcasts on it yet which is interesting as well. Maybe it's too revolting and problematic, fraught with possible legal challenges in and around powerful organisations.
It’s about the only TCG podcast I haven’t listened to. I just couldn’t bring myself to 5 hours of it. I’ve seen a Louis Theroux doco on him and it was hard going.

It’s about the only TCG podcast I haven’t listened to. I just couldn’t bring myself to 5 hours of it. I’ve seen a Louis Theroux doco on him and it was hard going.

I spent a bit of time on this three or so years ago but skirted Savile's crimes after reading of just one too many, became more interested in his friends and of course that led me into Elm Guest House. Really dark stuff. It was hard to sort fact from fiction but like Savile, too many reports imo to say all the stories were made up even if most of the allegations aren't proved. Lot of it seems to have disappeared off the internet now.

I spent a bit of time on this three or so years ago but skirted Savile's crimes after reading of just one too many, became more interested in his friends and of course that led me into Elm Guest House. Really dark stuff. It was hard to sort fact from fiction but like Savile, too many reports imo to say all the stories were made up even if most of the allegations aren't proved. Lot of it seems to have disappeared off the internet now.
Yep, pretty stomach churning stuff.

Irvine Welsh’s “Ecstasy”, published in 1996, has a character Freddy Royle who just has to be Savile. Obviously people knew about it, makes you wonder why he was never exposed whilst alive.

And regarding the Jill Dando case, that does now make sense too. That was a strange case at the time.

when it got to the part where he had a rent free cottage in the grounds of the psychiatric hospital and keys to get in anywhere he wanted. Urgh ..

I think Louis Theroux spoke to someone in one of his documentaries that said she was in her room and Jimmy climbed in through an open window.

BBC pulled investigations and stories on him

Thatcher was warned not to knight him. But she ignored. To make herself look in it for the kids she funded Saville to visit and donate to hospitals.

Theres been various of her ministers since caught up in similar crimes.

She had victims assasinated to cover up these crimes.

This is bigger than Ben hur and according to David Attenborough blown all out of proportion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back