Bluemour Discussion Thread XII - Facts Not Welcome (cont in pt 13)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Not sure how another draft pick and a player who hasn’t played much footy at GWS is a way to bolster our midfield next year more than adding Dow and Kennedy bolstered it last year.

Oh well...

Long term build.

Dow, O'Brien, Fisher, SPS, Setterfield and Walsh is a ten year combination, add Shiel, Cripps, Murphy and that isn't awful next year in the immediate short term.

Trolls aren't funny.

#SchoolHolidays

This one is...
39411596-crazy-troll.jpg

Not sure how another draft pick and a player who hasn’t played much footy at GWS is a way to bolster our midfield next year more than adding Dow and Kennedy bolstered it last year.

Oh well...

Pick 1 is never about improving the next year's performance. We take Walsh because 3+ years from now he can/should/projects to be a long-term AFL star. Likewise bringing in Setterfield would be about the mid-long term, not 2019.

We can spend the AFL's crappy assistance package on propping things up for 2019, the premo picks etc are not about "immediate impact".

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Shiel has another meeting with the club tomorrow. Club expecting to be told either way his intentions shortly after that meeting. I'd say the chances are dramatically lower of landing him than they were a week ago, still very much a possibility. If he decides on hawks and then they are unable to get the deal done, blues won't step in and make an offer. SOS & bolts want players that are committed to the club.

If Shiel doesn't get done, setterfield becomes much easier.

How the * does Shiel get to Hawthorn when we supposedly have what we have to offer and they are not exactly winning Grand Finals at the moment.

The AFL seriously needs to bring in a team of forensic accountants over there.

Just absolutely had a gutful of this. Surely the AFL sees something is seriously wrong here. These pricks keep usurping other teams - this just happens, does it?

******* Dawks and their merchant banker and pollie buddies.

Hope they implode in '19.

Shits me that I have to travel on the same tram line as (many of) their self-entitled, checked-shirt-wearing, khaki-pantsed, cuff-linked, born-to-rule supporters.

/melt

Last edited:
clarkson/hawks must have given one hell of a presentation to Shiel. Thought he was ours but no comments on here suggest thats going to be the case.

It actually could be material - average salary is over $330K so if he’s on an average salary then paying his entire salary helps GWS significantly.

It’s a great idea and probably something SOS is pursuing - offering one of our contracted players to GWS and paying them out of our salary cap. That would make all the other trades we are pursuing work since we won’t have to pay GWS as much in draft picks.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Thats my point. As a player he would only be on an average or lower than average salary. Its not a material change.

Shiel has another meeting with the club tomorrow. Club expecting to be told either way his intentions shortly after that meeting. I'd say the chances are dramatically lower of landing him than they were a week ago, still very much a possibility. If he decides on hawks and then they are unable to get the deal done, blues won't step in and make an offer. SOS & bolts want players that are committed to the club.

If Shiel doesn't get done, setterfield becomes much easier.
Loving the committed part :thumbsu:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back