Player Watch Jamie Elliott

Remove this Banner Ad

Great news.

This is like a new recruit for us next season considering his quality.

Gives him a chance to get back on the park and if he hits his best he can negotiate a good deal next season for himself too.

Please don’t forget how good this kid is.

Honestly our forward line is so scary if he can get on the Park!
Replacing JT with Elliott in the FWD line would be an overall improvement. JT done well on the scoreboard but feel more confident having another marking presence in the FWD line.

A year of injury free Jaime is scary stuff.

That big American Cox

De Goey lurking

Hyphen class and polish

Stephenson running through

and Jaime Elliott - mr star small forward....

Last edited:
Sensible decision. Really hope he can get his body right, he could be huge for us next year.

I like the one year deal too. Its a win for the club if he fails , but a win for him if he comes out and has a huge year. Knowing what ive seen of him , if he is fit and good to go he will have a huge 2019

JT stay in the team. Stephenson push up the ground to become Sidey's protege. Elliot replace Stephenson one out in the cage alternating with de Goey.

So who'd be pushed out, if not JT?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Replacing JT with Elliott in the FWD line would be an overall improvement. JT done well on the scoreboard but feel more confident having another marking presence in the FWD line.
That is not going to happen. Either De Goey moves into midfield or Stephenson onto wing.

Fantastic news. Love this kid and hope the footy gods allow him more time on the park than off in 2019. Will be like a new recruit and certainly enhances our F50 when playing.

Only issue with the 1 year deal is that he enters the FA window at the end of 2019 I think and there will be interest from other clubs regardless of how he performs.

Really hope he can get his body right, so much upside to our team just adding a player of Elliott’s quality to it. De Goey and Elliott in the same forward line is mouth watering.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

A little while ago, on this same thread, I suggested Jamie was worth no more than an extra year.
And boy, did I get s**t-canned.
Lo and behold, look what happened.
:-D
That’s me, pointing at the scoreboard and nodding.
Peoples, apologies WILL BE ACCEPTED.
Congrats Collingwood and Jamie... bring on 2019!!!!

JT will be pushed out. He is the weakest of our small forwards.

Be interesting to see how they manage that.

We'll (hopefully) have all of Varcoe, Wells, Elliott, WHE, Stephenson, Daicos, Broomhead (if retained) and Kirby (if fit & retained) fighting for limited spots. We could also add A2B2 to the mix although you'd think he'll take time.

A few of them are equally at home up on a wing but those spots are going to be equally in demand.

Given his body, 1 year is the right call.

A fit Jamie Elliott is 2 things:

1) A new recruit
2) Basically means we have 2 match winning small/medium forwards

A fit Jamie Elliott playing on Saturday would have basically meant the Premiership would have been ours. I so so so so hope we can get his body right.

A forward line with Elliott, De Goey, Stephenson, Cox, Hoskin-Elliott and Mihocek is quite formidable

And Jamie is air dominant too.

We can look to high air control.

Be something the Big Cox and the little fellow getting Cox’s loose balls.

It wouldn't be a Collingwood season without an injury-prone elusive forward re-signing haha. I wonder if we will see him on the park.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back