Up the Coasters DVD & Victory Pack..

Remove this Banner Ad

JADED

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 29, 2005
SA
AFL Club
West Coast
Even with the phasing out of hard copy media, surely we're all still getting this either ASAP or for Christmas...
Love premiership years. Premiers shirts & memorabilia for all.

Victory box generally not out til a month after the GF.

I love the victory box set and this year's will be filled with nothing but wins unlike 06. (Includes our 3 finals on separate discs in a neat cover)

DVD already released.
https://www.jbhifi.com.au/movies-tv...s/afl-premiers-2018-west-coast-eagles/334876/

Was gonna buy the DVD but noticed the Blu-Ray comes out in a few weeks. Don't really need it though since I snagged each of our finals in 1080i which I deinterlaced to 1080p 50fps. :p

Will still buy though.

The one I loved from 06 was a copy which had all the radio calls as alternate commentaries on the game, hopefully there's a version of that which comes out
Victory pack had that but I don't think I ever listened to them. Kinda forgot.

Also, didn't know they'd have Blu ray. Even better (assume for gf only)

Edit, Richmond's Bluray GF got the radio commentary. Assume ours might too (although probably not 6pr, only ABC & MMM which would also be Vic w@nkfests)

Also just saw the last two years (dogs, tigers) got their entire season released on DVD. 27 discs.

Last edited:
The one I loved from 06 was a copy which had all the radio calls as alternate commentaries on the game, hopefully there's a version of that which comes out
If they just put in white noise every time Ling talked it would be an improvement on the game commentary

I bought the '92 & '94 grand finals on VHS tape, the '06 one on DVD and I expect I'll get this one on Bluray. Hopefully we'll win our next one before some other futuristic bullshit like holograms or cerebral implants become the standard format

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I bought the '92 & '94 grand finals on VHS tape, the '06 one on DVD and I expect I'll get this one on Bluray. Hopefully we'll win our next one before some other futuristic bullshit like holograms or cerebral implants become the standard format
Speaking of futuristic bullshit and improved technology..I bought the '06 one on DVD, and
hadn't played it for a few years. Went to pull it out of it's cover and it snapped in half -$30 worth
of shattered plastic...probably costs about 10c to make.
If this '18 CD has alternate commentary, even better...than listening to blustering BT!?

Imagine kicking back on the couch and seeing the game through the players eyes.

Press play on your Iphone and airplay to Ioptic which takes over your optic nerves

Being mc govern - kicking it and then becoming vardy taking the mark and kicking it to ryan who you become - then passing it to sheed and lining up for goal.

Turning around and giving it to the collingwood fans....

You would need to stuff a box of tissues down your pants

Imagine kicking back on the couch and seeing the game through the players eyes.

Press play on your Iphone and airplay to Ioptic which takes over your optic nerves

Being mc govern - kicking it and then becoming vardy taking the mark and kicking it to ryan who you become - then passing it to sheed and lining up for goal.

Turning around and giving it to the collingwood fans....

You would need to stuff a box of tissues down your pants

old-fashion-way.gif

Hey guys....I've bought the DVD today....and it seems like radio commentary is not included (I can only see channel 7....:thumbsdown:). Can anyone can confirm that there is no radio commentary on their DVD?

Hey guys....I've bought the DVD today....and it seems like radio commentary is not included (I can only see channel 7....:thumbsdown:). Can anyone can confirm that there is no radio commentary on their DVD?
There will probably be another release with multiple commentary options later on. The first one after the GF is usually just no-frills-get-it-out-there. After 2006 I had the Premiership Victory Pack with all the finals and season highlights, and then later bought the Multi Commentary DVD with just the Grand Final on it.

Hey everyone needs Christmas presents still right? :D

Remove this Banner Ad

Back