MFC Fans Only Non-Dees AFL thread: 2018 Edition: Weighed in the balance, who will be found wanting?

Remove this Banner Ad

Well I was right until half time, gotta give credit to Darling and Kennedy they both stoop like I haven't seen many keys do in GFs
What about break out games from Hawkins in 2011 or Boyd in 2016?

Was a fantastic Grand Final, I was watching it at a mate's place with like 20 other people and pretty much all of them wanting the Eagles to win so when Sheed got that goal close to the boundary, the joint went nuts. This game delivered, thought the Eagles were in big trouble after conceding the first five goals but credit to them pulling it back and ultimately winning the game.

Hell of a game. Never forget that Luke Shuey grew up a mad Dees fan and we sandwiched him in the 2008 draft between Sam Blease and James Strauss.
Yeah that’s vomit worthy.

But better than what the storm are dishing up tonight so thanks for the distraction!

I’m sure he’d have gone off the rails / left for GWS / turned into Cale Morten / left for Collingwood / left for Hawthorn / done 4 ACLs or whatever if we’d taken him

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone got the photo of Andrew Brayshaw in a melbourne scarf after we rolled the Hawks?
41824770_299761810619791_2953209810398478336_n.jpg

To be clear I dug through the Facebook group to find this, I didn't screenshot it myself :p

Last edited:
Any idiots on here think Maynard should have gotten the free? Should have been a free to Rioli if anything
I can’t believe the furore about that (from anyone other than Collingwood fans at least) it was a marking contest that Rioli won, but Sheed dropped in front of.

The only howler free kick errors I saw was a high tackle missed to Shuey, and the holding the ball not paid against Howe 10m out from goal

While on Collingwood scape goats, Adams kicked it straight to Yeo ... the runner didn’t help, but Stephenson wasn’t getting to it short of teleportation

Any idiots on here think Maynard should have gotten the free? Should have been a free to Rioli if anything
It was a fair hit. Suck it up Pies fans that's what Grannys are about.

Howe was lucky for a blatant holding the ball

I can’t believe the furore about that (from anyone other than Collingwood fans at least) it was a marking contest that Rioli won, but Sheed dropped in front of.

The only howler free kick errors I saw was a high tackle missed to Shuey, and the holding the ball not paid against Howe 10m out from goal

While on Collingwood scape goats, Adams kicked it straight to Yeo ... the runner didn’t help, but Stephenson wasn’t getting to it short of teleportation

Yep Woodward is getting a bum wrap for it, and it’ll probably be the end of the runner during active play, but that kick from Adams summed up why he’ll quite be elite despite his otherwise huge impact on Saturday. His kicking just can’t be trusted.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back