Player Watch Jamie Elliott

Remove this Banner Ad

Fantastic news and good on him for being very reasonable with the club. Makes you wonder though if issues arent worse than we think (already bad) and whether they have knocked back other offers.

On the evidence of the finals, certainly Mayne and possibly Aish are superior to Josh Thomas in terms of their worth to the team. Thomas was great earlier in the year when he was kicking goals but had a very ordinary final's series

I think the relative finals performances were more a consequence of positions. Small forwards are always prone to quiet finals campaigns but his numbers stack up relative to his H&A season, just didn't have the scoreboard impact. Could potentially have had 2-3 goals Saturday and we'd all be lauding his finals campaign.

Gee, thanks for that. Didn't know he got 3 goals in 4 games. Thats very dominant. A must keep then!

A grand total of 1 less than Stephenson and Varcoe, same as WHE. Maybe the sarcasm is just a little misplaced. Likely you'll get to appreciate him even more over the next 3 years.

I would prefer to see jordy in the midfield and resting forward.

JDG was top 10 league wide for goals per game averages this year, tied with Darling, even with his midfield time. I think he'll continue to play forward with occasional midfield rotations and we'll have expectations that the development of players like Sier will enable that.

A grand total of 1 less than Stephenson and Varcoe, same as WHE. Maybe the sarcasm is just a little misplaced. Likely you'll get to appreciate him even more over the next 3 years.
Hope so

He was goalless in the prelim and GF also while playing 90% up forward. Those other 3 at least got a few goals in those games.

Also scored our lowest rating in the grand final also.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hope so

He was goalless in the prelim and GF also while playing 90% up forward. Those other 3 at least got a few goals in those games.

Also scored our lowest rating in the grand final also.

Small forwards have quiet games. Unfortunate that he chose to have his quietest game of the finals series in the GF but had 3 goal scoring opportunities (2x snaps and the 1x HTM free that wasn't paid). Just didn't nail them. Played 26 games for 38 goals (top 20 league wide) this year so he's had a good year.

To put those 38 goals in context, take out finals and that's 1 less than Robbie Gray's 36 goals for 2018. Bruest, Caddy and WHE the only small forwards who kicked more, Stephenson and Cripps on the same number.

I think you need to be looking more toward the midfield group Saturday than at Thomas.

JDG was top 10 league wide for goals per game averages this year, tied with Darling, even with his midfield time. I think he'll continue to play forward with occasional midfield rotations and we'll have expectations that the development of players like Sier will enable that.
Yeah DeGoey will be play similar to Dusty Martin but better

I think many quickly forget Elliot's capabilities, he is every bit as damaging as JDG up forward. A unique player very had to match up on. Paired with JDG (&WHE) I think is a massive freak out for opposition coaches. He allows JDG to go to the middle more and Stephenson will move to a wing next year most likely.

In the end I just want to see our best talent on the park at the same time. It simply has not occurred since 2011.

You need to keep these sort of players they are exciting and a joy to watch, it brings punters through the gates and the kids will be drawn to teams like ours that are great to watch.

I think many quickly forget Elliot's capabilities, he is every bit as damaging as JDG up forward. A unique player very had to match up on. Paired with JDG (&WHE) I think is a massive freak out for opposition coaches. He allows JDG to go to the middle more and Stephenson will move to a wing next year most likely.

In the end I just want to see our best talent on the park at the same time. It simply has not occurred since 2011.

You need to keep these sort of players they are exciting and a joy to watch, it brings punters through the gates and the kids will be drawn to teams like ours that are great to watch.

Given he's barely played in 2 years, it's easy to forget just how good a fit Jamie Elliott is.

He, at his best, is easily the equal of De Goey.

I think I said earlier in the thread that if we can get his body right (which I seriously doubt) and he stays fit, we effectively have a forward line with 2 De Goey's in it. Which is a downright scary proposition for any defence in the league. Jamie can alos play mid lets' not forget.

Given he's barely played in 2 years, it's easy to forget just how good a fit Jamie Elliott is.

He, at his best, is easily the equal of De Goey.

I think I said earlier in the thread that if we can get his body right (which I seriously doubt) and he stays fit, we effectively have a forward line with 2 De Goey's in it. Which is a downright scary proposition for any defence in the league. Jamie can alos play mid lets' not forget.
Agree with it being a scary forward line, particularly as you'd be expecting further improvement from Cox and Stephenson.

I truly love this guy, so clever, fast hands, great kick, superb mark and great temperament.

I want to take him home.:hearts::cool:
Just don’t tell hubby

If he is a true pies supporter he will let it slide.
He Might join in.

Maggie is pure so it will be a game of scrabble or twister or some such.

Z8LM8Yf.gif

RCOm685.gif

Told you fellas he wouldn't miss a beat when he finally got back.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back