Rumour Young players ask Gold Coast not to pick him in draft

Remove this Banner Ad

WillieNillie

All Australian
Mar 31, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
Hi guys

Have this confirmed 100%. Jack Lukosius held a meeting with Gold Coast and told them he has no interest in joining them and pleaded for them to not pick him in the coming draft.

Gold Coast have reported his management to the AFL under the idea of draft tampering and a investigation is happening as we speak.

A fair chance his management are stripped of their licenses to manage AFL players at this point in time, but expect it to be a big story in the next 1-2 weeks

You can take this or leave it and I will not disclose my source for this info under any circumstances so do not ask

"Cotchinesque" type behaviour right there, luckily the Football gods frown upon this kind of behaviour and bad Karma is coming his way if true.

"I don't want to play for you, but if you pick me, I have no choice" vs "I'm not going to play for you"

According to the OP he stated he had no interest in joining them and pleaded for them not to pick him

I still don’t see how it is draft tampering and why should his management be punished.

Surely managers and players are clever enough to know how to do this within the rules these days???

I brought this up myself and was told it has been a saga of about 2 months. Gold Coast know for 100% certainty that Carlton will not pick him up so have done a few meetings along the lines of "Hey, when can you get here, we would like too introduce you too everyone because we are going to draft you".

When that level of discussion is happening then subtly probably does need to go out the window

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Look I know I'm probably a little more biased in this conversation but it's a really horrible look for a national competition for kids at the high end to say 'I don't want to go to you don't pick me' because they're either:
A) In a non AFL dominant state
or
B) not high up on the ladder
(or a combination of the two if you're Gold Coast right now :()

If a kid is found to be saying this in interviews or trying to tamper with the draft to make sure he doesn't end up at a club, the AFL should just cancel their registration for the draft that year. Just make them play state league until they're willing to genuinely sign up for a national competition.

Hi guys

Have this confirmed 100%. Jack Lukosius held a meeting with Gold Coast and told them he has no interest in joining them and pleaded for them to not pick him in the coming draft.

Gold Coast have reported his management to the AFL under the idea of draft tampering and a investigation is happening as we speak.

A fair chance his management are stripped of their licenses to manage AFL players at this point in time, but expect it to be a big story in the next 1-2 weeks

You can take this or leave it and I will not disclose my source for this info under any circumstances so do not ask
If confirmed 100% why posted in
Scandals and Rumours.

Hi guys

Gold Coast the bloody narcs

Remove this Banner Ad

Back