Rumour Young players ask Gold Coast not to pick him in draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Could be, Rankine also told Freo to F off. Hard to prove though.

Did Fremantle complain though? Im saying that Gold Coast actually complained themselves to the AFL about it so thats why its under investigation. Its not under investigation because it happened ,atleast it didnt sound like that was the case

St Kilda about to hit the Jack-pot if this is true.

How the hell are Gold Coast meant to get better if they have to put up with this bullshit? What a ****en baby, suck it up and do your best.
No they haven't. It's literally a breach of the rules and he will face consequences.

No they haven't. It's literally a breach of the rules and he will face consequences.
I'd love to see it happen but surely it's a hard thing to police. If Gold Coast know he's not going to stick around it'd be hard to pick him. What exactly are the draft tampering rules?

100% Luko should get banned if this is true. What is wrong with these kids? I would have loved to moved interstate at that age, what an adventure. Playing footy, getting good coin.

I just don't get it. Are kids really that attached to their family that they need to see them face to face everyday?

100% Luko should get banned if this is true. What is wrong with these kids? I would have loved to moved interstate at that age, what an adventure. Playing footy, getting good coin.

I just don't get it. Are kids really that attached to their family that they need to see them face to face everyday?

To be fair I wouldnt play for that plastic club either.

I'd love to see it happen but surely it's a hard thing to police. If Gold Coast know he's not going to stick around it'd be hard to pick him. What exactly are the draft tampering rules?
Is it true though , I mean surely trade radio and Vic media will report it as soon as possible rather than in BF . Did GC really report him to AFL ? 100% confirmed he heard from somebody are true , but is the person that tell him trust worthy .

You really could achieve the same results with a half-arsed/poor interview surely?

"Why do you want to play footy at the top level?" - For the cash and to get the chicks
"What about living on the Gold Coast would appeal to you?" - the party lifestyle
"What do you consider your strongest position?" - reverse cowgirl so I don't have to look at her face.

You really could achieve the same results with a half-arsed/poor interview surely?

"Why do you want to play footy at the top level?" - For the cash and to get the chicks
"What about living on the Gold Coast would appeal to you?" - the party lifestyle
"What do you consider your strongest position?" - reverse cowgirl so I don't have to look at her face.
I can't see anything wrong in that , surely you can't report him to AFL with that type of interview .

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With all of the players leaving the Gold Coast (or at least rumoured to), you think the Suns might be thankful for his honesty and knowing they don't need to waste a top pick on him now? *Tongue in cheek*

With all of the players leaving the Gold Coast (or at least rumoured to), you think the Suns might be thankful for his honesty and knowing they don't need to waste a top pick on him now? *Tongue in cheek*
I agree , Better to know he is Jack Watt 2.0 earlier than later .

If a kid is found to be saying this in interviews or trying to tamper with the draft to make sure he doesn't end up at a club, the AFL should just cancel their registration for the draft that year. Just make them play state league until they're willing to genuinely sign up for a national competition.

100% correct.

When you sign up for the National Draft I'm sure it says in the fine print somewhere that you will be drafted by any of the 18 clubs and that you may have to move interstate because of it.

If this chap has straight up come out with the "don't pick me" line then he needs to be penalised and so does the grub who is now managing him.

Last edited:
Didn't Wingard do the same with GWS?

Was just about to post this.

Edit: Wingard from memory may have said something along the lines of 'pick me if you want, but I won't be re-signing after my first contract and i'll be going straight home, so up to you'. Is that different to flat out saying 'don't pick me, I have no interest in playing for you' though?

Was just about to post this.

Edit: Wingard from memory may have said something along the lines of 'pick me if you want, but I won't be re-signing after my first contract and i'll be going straight home, so up to you'. Is that different to flat out saying 'don't pick me, I have no interest in playing for you' though?
Now Port adelaide Shop him around weird s**t .Polec Homesick and now look likely to go to North.

St Kilda about to hit the Jack-pot if this is true.

How the hell are Gold Coast meant to get better if they have to put up with this bullshit? What a ****en baby, suck it up and do your best.

Self entitled baby with poor character. AFL should force him to sign with the Suns until FA kicks in.

No the OP addressed this. Gold coast said they are drafting him so the subtle approach would not work. Hence this

Look I know I'm probably a little more biased in this conversation but it's a really horrible look for a national competition for kids at the high end to say 'I don't want to go to you don't pick me' because they're either:
A) In a non AFL dominant state
or
B) not high up on the ladder
(or a combination of the two if you're Gold Coast right now :()

If a kid is found to be saying this in interviews or trying to tamper with the draft to make sure he doesn't end up at a club, the AFL should just cancel their registration for the draft that year. Just make them play state league until they're willing to genuinely sign up for a national competition.

I think you could have added a "C)"

Remove this Banner Ad

Back