Rumour Young players ask Gold Coast not to pick him in draft

Remove this Banner Ad

GC are basically a rabble on the thinnest ice in the Antarctic.

Had to see the iceberg not sinking in the next 5 years.
They should tow that iceberg to Tassie. At least it has got a chance there! In fact, I reckon Gill might already be planning it.

They should tow that iceberg to Tassie. At least it has got a chance there! In fact, I reckon Gill might already be planning it.
Come on Gill , lets do it .

Fair call. Gold Coast need to improve on multiple fronts if they want to lure promising young careers away from home otherwise this will be a continuing problem for them.

At least the kid is honest so why would they want to waste a pick on only 50% of output they’d be getting back?

Also, going public with this only highlights their deficiencies and undesirability and says more about them than it does about Jack Lukosius.

Fair call. Gold Coast need to improve on multiple fronts if they want to lure promising young careers away from home otherwise this will be a continuing problem for them.

At least the kid is honest so why would they want to waste a pick on only 50% of output they’d be getting back?

Also, going public with this only highlights their deficiencies and undesirability and says more about them than it does about Jack Lukosius.

Depends if its just Gold Coast he's said it to. If hes said the same to us, Saints, and Brissy for example there might be more to it. From memory Wingard only said it to GWS.

If he goes up and then leaves after 2 years he'll get called a mummy's boy anyway. May as well just shut out the idea altogether.

Will likely end up at Freo

Surely managers and players are clever enough to know how to do this within the rules these days???
Know of a current AFL player who played it the right way. Knew what club he wanted. When rivals came he would just come off as a train wreck - answer the door in his underpants etc. He never said he wasn't actually interested in their offers.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

"I don't want to play for you, but if you pick me, I have no choice" vs "I'm not going to play for you"

Well no matter what he says, if they pick him, he still has no choice (unless he wants to engage in an unprecedented hold-out, and waste a year or two of development when fit), so what difference does it make?

If you want to play in a national competition, you abide by the rules. If you don't want to spend 2 years away from mummy, too bad, stay in the sanfl.

Exactly right which is why all clubs should be welcome and inviting for the bottom age players.

If the image is so toxic the kids are worried their career is going to be DOA if they're drafted to GC there is a big problem and the AFL needs to launch a probe to fix it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back