Resource Ultimate West Coast Eagles Archive

Remove this Banner Ad

Jun 5, 2004
AFL Club
West Coast
Can't find the codes and the URL data in notepad

Example below, open Notepad, then go File -> Open and locate the xspf file you want to open. Then just locate the game you're after and the URL for each quarter will be there. This example is for a good ending to a game. ;D

vkWrxJ0.png

Inside Bull

Cancelled
A Star Wars Fan
Feb 13, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
New poster here... was a lurker

This has been great resource in the past happy_eagle. Thanks heaps

The link seems to be broken now though? Was trying to get the 2017 files but not having any luck

WelshEagle

Draftee
Feb 26, 2018
Cardiff, UK
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
West Ham United
Does this only work if you're in Australia? I was trying to watch some games at random to try and get some sort of history before this season starts, and when I open the link in VLC, it says it's unable to play the file.

Mar 20, 2007
AFL Club
West Coast
Does this only work if you're in Australia? I was trying to watch some games at random to try and get some sort of history before this season starts, and when I open the link in VLC, it says it's unable to play the file.
Yeh it seems like the URLS are region restricted, which seems strange but there is no way around that i'm afraid
VPN is probably your only solution

SwanDaneFan1991

Emeritus Boot Studding Professor
Jul 20, 2012
The Pivotonian Wilderness
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
San Antonio Spurs
Good work over the years happy_eagle !!

When I open VLC media player, not having changed the links, the bloody thing doesn't work for anything pre-2010? Just sort of rolls through all the matches and fails to load.

Thoughts would be appreciated if possible mate. Here is a photo as proof:

Cheers boss!

Mar 20, 2007
AFL Club
West Coast
Good work over the years happy_eagle !!

When I open VLC media player, not having changed the links, the bloody thing doesn't work for anything pre-2010? Just sort of rolls through all the matches and fails to load.

Thoughts would be appreciated if possible mate. Here is a photo as proof:

Cheers boss!

Hrmm looks like they have changed the URL patterns for older games again
I will have to try and figure out what the new one is

SwanDaneFan1991

Jul 20, 2012
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
San Antonio Spurs
Hrmm looks like they have changed the URL patterns for older games again
I will have to try and figure out what the new one is
Yeah all good mate. No rush and you are a busy man. Good to be of service, and bring it to your attention. If you don't mind enlightening me on how and why they go about changing these patterns, and what Kung Fu you are using to counteract them, I feel it would be a valuable learning experience.

Mar 20, 2007
AFL Club
West Coast
Yeah all good mate. No rush and you are a busy man. Good to be of service, and bring it to your attention. If you don't mind enlightening me on how and why they go about changing these patterns, and what Kung Fu you are using to counteract them, I feel it would be a valuable learning experience.
Unfortunately I am just about out of ideas.
The site that the 2002-2009 videos were hosted on no longer exists (wm9vodvip.bigpond.com), so they could have deleted all the videos with the site (although I'm not sure why they would)
Since 2010, all games have been hosted on bptvmedia.vos.bigpond.com (or variations of that which link back to the same home page) with randomised URL paths the choice since 2015.

So either
1. They moved the 02-09 games to this new domain and renamed their path. Good news is that they would still exist, bad news is that finding where they are is guesswork equal to finding a needle in a haystack.
2. They deleted the games from existence.

I fear that the only hope of having these games return is if the AFL ever decide to expand their AFL Live Pass Archive to include 02-09 games (hopefully in SD resolution too).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

SwanDaneFan1991

Jul 20, 2012
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
San Antonio Spurs
Unfortunately I am just about out of ideas.
The site that the 2002-2009 videos were hosted on no longer exists (wm9vodvip.bigpond.com), so they could have deleted all the videos with the site (although I'm not sure why they would)
Since 2010, all games have been hosted on bptvmedia.vos.bigpond.com (or variations of that which link back to the same home page) with randomised URL paths the choice since 2015.

So either
1. They moved the 02-09 games to this new domain and renamed their path. Good news is that they would still exist, bad news is that finding where they are is guesswork equal to finding a needle in a haystack.
2. They deleted the games from existence.

I fear that the only hope of having these games return is if the AFL ever decide to expand their AFL Live Pass Archive to include 02-09 games (hopefully in SD resolution too).
They did the same with the rugby league too, except it is prior to 2012 that will not work, since that is how far the NRL live pass runs back to. They are unlikely to expand it, since name a game stands to make so much money. It was fun while it lasted. Thanks for the memories old boy!

Fellas

Draftee
Sep 24, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
Does anyone have a link to the grand final radio coverage audio? Need something to listen to on the long drive back to Perth

hoju

Rookie
Apr 9, 2011
New York
AFL Club
West Coast
Wow, awesome work here!
Love it if anyone has the CH7 (I know!) pregame, half time and post room game, on stage footage - missed all this being at a pub in the States!
Cheers!

Tigerbob68

????????????
May 19, 2016
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Does anyone have a link to the grand final radio coverage audio? Need something to listen to on the long drive back to Perth
Yeah would like to download radio commentary of the grand final as well...
Greetings Premiers!!! Hearty congratulations on the win! :) Anyone come down completely yet?? Took me a while! It's a great feeling and you've got the whole summer to revel in it!!!
A lot of posters on our board enjoyed listening to the radio broadcasts of last year's GF. I've played through most of them and it's a nice different perspective on the game and it's always good to relive the experience!!
I've got 4 here, 3AW, MMM, SEN and ABC. I've downloaded them and got them up quickly tonight without any real time to do much checking. Not sure if anyone else on your board has them up elsewhere so forgive me if I'm doubling up. Please don't hesitate to let me know if there's any problems with downloading or playback but all the ones I posted on our board last year worked ok.
Also, mods, if there's any issue with putting these here I'm happy to take PMs for the link if you don't want it public but I saw there's other stuff posted on this thread so I thought it would be fine.
Go Eagles! Hope to see you next year :moustache:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/72b5cb8vcbfiw9v/Eagles_GF_Radio_Broadcasts.rar/file

Fellas

Draftee
Sep 24, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
Greetings Premiers!!! Hearty congratulations on the win! :) Anyone come down completely yet?? Took me a while! It's a great feeling and you've got the whole summer to revel in it!!!
A lot of posters on our board enjoyed listening to the radio broadcasts of last year's GF. I've played through most of them and it's a nice different perspective on the game and it's always good to relive the experience!!
I've got 4 here, 3AW, MMM, SEN and ABC. I've downloaded them and got them up quickly tonight without any real time to do much checking. Not sure if anyone else on your board has them up elsewhere so forgive me if I'm doubling up. Please don't hesitate to let me know if there's any problems with downloading or playback but all the ones I posted on our board last year worked ok.
Also, mods, if there's any issue with putting these here I'm happy to take PMs for the link if you don't want it public but I saw there's other stuff posted on this thread so I thought it would be fine.
Go Eagles! Hope to see you next year :moustache:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/72b5cb8vcbfiw9v/Eagles_GF_Radio_Broadcasts.rar/file
Cheers

hoju

Rookie
Apr 9, 2011
New York
AFL Club
West Coast
I would like the medal and cup presentation too, cant find a quality version.

There's a 720p version of the presentations I found the other night just by searching on a certain Torrent collection site, not many seeds so takes a little while to download. I believe there's also a 540p version.

Luuuc

Premiership Player
Jun 26, 2011
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Perth Wildcats, Perth Lynx
If anyone can tell me how to share it I am happy to share the vid I am just finishing, of the channel 7 GF coverage starting with Up There Cazaly and finishing with Seven News (but with selected bits removed that I felt were not worth keeping, like Barich waffling on, and live crosses to things that didn't involve any players).
It's in 1080p MP4 format, but is also huge file size (14GB due to being 7.5mbps bit rate and 4h20m long. I'm currently also making a 5mbps version that will be about 10GB in size)
Happy to also make a separate video of the earlier stuff from the morning through to the Black Eyes Peas & Barnsey if people are interested.

(Please PM me rather than post here)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back