No Oppo Supporters The Sun Lounge (Suns posters only)

Remove this Banner Ad

Hello all, I thought that it might be a good time to introduce a thread to counter the Vent/Off topic thread and some of the general toxic posting that has started to creep its way into our forum.

This is not to just build an echo chamber but to provide a positive space where people can discuss trades, media happenings and other topics relevant to the Suns where points can be considered without ad hominem attacks or "fake news"

The rules:

If you are an oppositions supporter, it's time to close this page and post in one of the other threads

If you are posting trade news - please provide a source that confirms it (not fake news from dodgy blogs or your mate who knows a guy), no trade speculation. Leave that for the relevant thread.

If you have a differing point of view, play the ball not the man (feel free to mash the button should you feel like this is not being adhered to and I'm sure our friendly mods SUNS and Big Red Machine can review but please don't waste their time)

Media news - it would be good to keep tabs on local reporting but remember the rules in regards to working around paywalls.

Not sure if this thread will gain much traction as we are looking to cover topics already covered in other threads and I don't have the free time to push it along but if you feel that there is something of interest whatever it may be, feel free to drop it in here for discussion.

Mods I would prefer if this thread doesn't get bumped to the wasteland that appears to be our sub-forums and hopefully it can develop organically over time to be a good space for people to post general news and information about the Suns which is why a lot of us come here in the first place.

Edit: **note that there is a general discussion that might crossover here**

gosuns!

Team Captain
Aug 22, 2013
AFL Club
Gold Coast
I think it's a great idea mate. We need a positive place, somewhere to acknowledge the good things the club/players do. There's enough negativity in the media and other forums in our face all the time as is.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Aug 17, 2010
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Great idea Flashy :thumbsu:

Will be a good place for Suns posters to hang tough, and a refuge from all the bashers out there.

We have some good opposition posters come to our board but just having an exclusive lounge for Suns supporters like I've seen on other club boards is nice.

Aug 17, 2010
AFL Club
Gold Coast
I'm tipping there won't be many tipsters that don't tip us for the spoon next year.
I'd say the bookies will have us as favourites too. Can't finish 17th, then lose the amount of talent we look like we're going to and expect to go up. I'm just hoping with a normal travel schedule / draw, a good run with injuries, a team of players who want to be here, and Dew with another pre-season into these young players, that we surprise and maybe snag 7-8 wins.

Aug 7, 2013
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Rams, 76's, Brewers
I'd say the bookies will have us as favourites too. Can't finish 17th, then lose the amount of talent we look like we're going to and expect to go up. I'm just hoping with a normal travel schedule / draw, a good run with injuries, a team of players who want to be here, and Dew with another pre-season into these young players, that we surprise and maybe snag 7-8 wins.
Games are won in the midfield these days & ours will definitely be better next year compared to this year. Nth were favoured to win the spoon this year and things can change quickly.

17er

Cancelled
Oct 21, 2017
AFL Club
Gold Coast
We. Are. The. Seventeeners! We only have 1 wooden spoon which makes us the BEST in AFL history in that category. And don't we just love ourselves a pick #2 drama every year? No way we finish last with all the players blooded this year and 12 or 13 Queensland games, with 11 games at Metricon. There is a big jump to top 12, so just getting above 13th will be an achievement. But given we defeated a couple of those sides in the middle 6 and should have 8 games against bottom 6 sides, there is every chance to climb the ladder into some sort of late season contention.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Brenton87

Club Legend
Aug 7, 2015
AFL Club
Gold Coast
We. Are. The. Seventeeners! We only have 1 wooden spoon which makes us the BEST in AFL history in that category. And don't we just love ourselves a pick #2 drama every year? No way we finish last with all the players blooded this year and 12 or 13 Queensland games, with 11 games at Metricon. There is a big jump to top 12, so just getting above 13th will be an achievement. But given we defeated a couple of those sides in the middle 6 and should have 8 games against bottom 6 sides, there is every chance to climb the ladder into some sort of late season contention.
The Crows and Port don't have any wooden spoons so we can't even win that one haha

17er

Cancelled
Oct 21, 2017
AFL Club
Gold Coast
The Crows and Port don't have any wooden spoons so we can't even win that one haha
Really? I thought for sure they did. Ah well, Carlton didn't have any until 15 years ago and now they have heaps. I think it is an achievement that the Suns have managed not to be the worst team from years 2 to 8. We'll always have our first ever victory over Port in the year we got the spoon, which would have to be their club's greatest shame.

Brenton87

Club Legend
Aug 7, 2015
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Really? I thought for sure they did. Ah well, Carlton didn't have any until 15 years ago and now they have heaps. I think it is an achievement that the Suns have managed not to be the worst team from years 2 to 8. We'll always have our first ever victory over Port in the year we got the spoon, which would have to be their club's greatest shame.
Yeah i read that, Carlton went 100 odd years without a spoon up until 2002, now they have heaps, Suns have done well in that regard

Jul 21, 2010
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Philadelphia 76ers
good idea Lord_Flashheart, i've chucked a "no opposition supporters" tag on the thread as well.
more than happy for it to stay on our main board, but will let BRM & SUNS make the call on that moving forward. never really been a fan of the sub forums anyway, think it all would work better merged together in the one forum.

Mini GF

Norm Smith Medallist
May 21, 2017
Southern GC-the beautiful city
AFL Club
Gold Coast
I really like there being a Suns only area. The intruders popping in at times infuriates me. I actually wish we just had always a Suns only forum but that’s just me.
Anyway could 17er be reinstated please? That’s the main reason I’ve decided to post something.
He’s part of the SunsCast duo and is a clearly a fair dinkum rolled Gold Suns supporter.
He sounds like a great bloke on the podcast.

Corkie

Premiership Player
Aug 6, 2013
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Gold Coast United
34A1C0EA-2C80-40B6-9690-01EBD7219BC6.jpeg

This kinda made me lol a bit.

I like the idea of this although i'm not sure what we'll talk about besides opposition supporters. Might turn into vent and offtopic v2.

Get the * outta here with that negative s**t.

What would you like to talk about?

We could do some Suns based haikus...or not.

We could convince Touk Miller to start his own cooking show called “Cook Chook with Touk”

We could all go round to Lynch’s place and s**t in his letterbox

Our forum does seem to have a lot of crap posted these days. It was nicer when it was just the few regulars a year or to ago

It was great when it was just the three of us sitting in a corner not saying anything at all.

Sep 25, 2012
Geelong
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Get the **** outta here with that negative s**t.

What would you like to talk about?

We could do some Suns based haikus...or not.

We could convince Touk Miller to start his own cooking show called “Cook Chook with Touk”

We could all go round to Lynch’s place and s**t in his letterbox
They are some good ideas but opposition supporters could do much better. In particular those who say "sorry to intrude" then go on to come up with a 6 way trade.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back