Toast Schofield - Where does he sit.

Remove this Banner Ad

Dec 18, 2005
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Schofield seems to turn it on against the Dockers going by that highlights video.

* I miss his runs, he looks so effortless, but nobody can keep up with him after about 30m because his pace doesn't drop, could probably run 100m at a consistent pace.

Great running action, effortless glides, swerveability to the max.

salo

Club Legend
Jun 14, 2008
AFL Club
West Coast
Extremely happy that Schofield was part of that winning GF team. One of my favourites over the years.

I’ve said on here before that he probably made more sacrifices than most players on our list, bulking up to be primarily a key back in our hour(s) of darkness/injury/need when his natural game had always been to run and carry on the outside. This despite playing behind the likes of Glass, Emac, Brown, Gov and later Barrass. Never sought trade back east or grizzled about playing for East Perth.

Never seemed a natural fit for the one-on-one backman role and I have memories of him being repeatedly outbodied and outmarked by Chapman in a game against Geelong several years ago, leaving me wondering what future he had on our list.

Has proven to be more than dependable depth in recent years, although destined to be outside the 22 when we’re healthy. Seems like a ripper of a bloke who loves the club so hopefully gives us a few more years on reasonable coin.

Will played one of the games of his life on Saturday, having his way with DeGoey on occasions and bringing his usual ‘mongrel’ to the table.

Onya legend! You’re part of Eagles folklore now!

Sep 8, 2011
AFL Club
West Coast
Wonder if he’s considering retiring

He was very mellow after the game

Even the victory lap - he was 50m behind everyone else

Played a phenom game - was there when de goey torched him in July .

But September... he delivered
Disagree, he was ecstatic when he went past me, think he was facetiming Spangher

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sep 3, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Baghdad Bombers
Schofield was exactly what we needed

You know I was wondering too

If gaff had been playing ...no sheed ....would Nic Nat have played as well as vardy ....

But geez vardy, Schofield and sheed were all sublime .....stupid ridiculous hey

Well never know but those three replacements were friggin awesome yesterday
Those 3 were easily 3 of our best.
Ive watched the game a few times niw and Vardy was massive all day. Scored 94 SC points so was rated as one of the best a field by champion data.
Schofield was a rock. If 2015 didn't prove he is our best 1 on 1 defender this last month sure has.
Sheed besides working his arse off all day and kicking the clutchest of clutch goals was important in that final minute.
Gets a fist on a ball about to fall into a Collingwood players lap, follows it up with a sheppard to give a tram mate space, runs from that contest into space, ball is kicked to him, he gathers after it bounces has his gead taken off, handballs left handed under pressure to Shue the mother *en shue who breaks into space and finds Darling in the goal square.
He was *en huge.

It is crazy hey. They all go down in the history books as premiership players.
Well deserved by those 3.

Astro7

Official Halftime Oranges Man
Aug 6, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Sometimes he sits in a Leederville cafe, or sits in a Mt.Lawley cafe,
I once saw him sit in a Dudley Park cafe, where he sat well,
but mostly he sits at home polishing his gold medal,
the one he highly deserved and earned and gained so much respect for..
great club man...

Cuzdup

Club Legend
Apr 24, 2014
AFL Club
West Coast
Was an absolute beast on GF day. Won every battle he entered regardless of his position.

Will be big next year if the game moves into more of a 1v1 situation around the goals due the zoning rules.

Absolute champion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back