The football video games thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 16, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal
Been playing a lot of FIFA. Game has its flaws like most games, but I do enjoy it. Except for when ******* Brighton pinged it around like ******* Man City. I restarted against them against six times because I got so angry. They scored twice against me in the first two minutes without me touching the ball, and another in the first few minutes. In one game their LB completed 26 passes. I got so mad. I finally beat them 3-1.

Passing can a bit blah at times, but I think if I adjust the sliders it should be alright.

I am three points clear after 21 games with Chelsea in second. PEA and Laca are dominating. Both are first and second in the scoring charts, with Kane closely behind. With the flawed FIFA transfer market I have managed to bring in DDG, Martial and Godin in on frees :D. Godin is old, but I need defensive stability. I was tempted to bring in Vertonghen too who is also available on a free, but I don't think it's really necessary.

Leno
Bellerin De Ligt Sokratis Alex Telles
Aouar Doucoure
Zaha Ozil PEA
Laca
Neres
Tousart
Torreira
De Jong
Sessengon
Coutrone
Mhkitaryan
---
Tierney
Romangoli
Koscielny
Calabria

Managed to get Calabria for 9.9m + Lichsteiner (who was on 80k and contract was about to expire so that was a huge win). DDG coming in is going to be enormous as Leno is absolutely ******* rubbish. He'll be sold, as will Koscielny who is old and slow. Looking at shipping Ozil and Mhki too due to wages and age.

jd2010

Well done boys. Good process, carry on
Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, Brentford FC
Actually FM must do dodgy decisions since it gives ref performance ratings and they can be poor. Would hate (secretly love) to lose games due to VAR!

Aug 16, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal
Won the league only by 4 points. Finished on 96, Chelsea were second on 92 points. Won the EL, beat Spartak Moscow 4-1 in the final.

End of the season means transfer time, which is fun time! Having said that, I have signed the following and got a little carried away :D

Dybala (162m + Chambers lol)
Foden (10.1m)
Asensio (90m)
Vinicus Jnr (26m)

DDG, Martial and Godin also joined on frees.

Still awaiting to sell Leno, Mavroponos, Holding and a few others (though they won't make me much money).

Lineup now looks like

Leno
Bellerin De Ligt Godin Alex Telles
Doucoure Asensio
Martial Dybala Aubameyang
Lacazette​

Subs: Vinicus, De Jong, Sessengon, Neves, Aouar, Zaha, Coutrone
Reserves: Tierney Romangoli, Sokratis, Calabria, AMN, Foden, Tousart, Torreira

jd2010

Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
A lot of the new features seem to be cosmetic, the big ones for me though are the revamped training and tactics modules. Bummed out though they removed the German 3rd tier league as I always do an unemployed Sunday League run.
I think I'll get this years. Still playing FM17 but I'm starting to wane on my current career save. Up to season 7 now where I'm close to winning the league with Everton after starting in France for the first 4 seasons

V for Valazer

Rookie
May 25, 2014
Adelaide, South Australia
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Tottenham, Celta de Vigo
I think I'll get this years. Still playing FM17 but I'm starting to wane on my current career save. Up to season 7 now where I'm close to winning the league with Everton after starting in France for the first 4 seasons
Good call skipping FM18, I enjoyed FM17 alot more for some reason. COYS, just wished their was an option to become an existing manager i.e. Pochettino. I always feel dirty taking his job on a new save haha.

jd2010

Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Good call skipping FM18, I enjoyed FM17 alot more for some reason. COYS, just wished their was an option to become an existing manager i.e. Pochettino. I always feel dirty taking his job on a new save haha.
I end up deleting him from the editor mode and playing as him when I do a Spurs save.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

F3000

Senior List
Aug 27, 2014
Norf
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
West Ham
Holla! Sorry about the intrusion, I hope this post isn't against any mod rules - please let me know if it is.
I don't normally post on anything but the Western Bulldogs board, but I am a mad hammer, and also a big FIFA player, and I've decided to mix work with pleasure and host a Fifa 19 tournament at my bar. We got heaps of rad prizes (admittedly very appealing to students based on our location) in a years supply worth of Mi Goreng Noodles and a heaps of food and drink vouchers, and merch. Hopefully Sony will come to the party on some other goodies too..
Hit the facebook event page if you're interested and check the flyer below. Would be rad to see some BF posters there!

44806373_298573317644786_9119732130950152192_o.jpg

Last edited:

jd2010

Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Making an absolute mess of Hull in the 2nd game of the season in FM 7-0 up at HT. 19 shots in a half.

3-0 within the first 8 minutes with all 3 assists to by my regen Mexican RB Hugo Aceves.

Goals to Mbappe x2, Vitinho, Kuki, Ascacibar, Cesar Montes & Aceves.

Oct 5, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
West Adelaide Bloods, Man City.
started my first proper save with genk and im enjoying it a few games in, but bloody hell is it hard to score. in my first 7 games in all comps, i've scored 2 goals in a game once. probably just need to get used to how to use the tactics properly this year. my strikers arent bad attributes wise but my tactic probably needs a change to get them further up the field and closer to goal.

jd2010

Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
started my first proper save with genk and im enjoying it a few games in, but bloody hell is it hard to score. in my first 7 games in all comps, i've scored 2 goals in a game once. probably just need to get used to how to use the tactics properly this year. my strikers arent bad attributes wise but my tactic probably needs a change to get them further up the field and closer to goal.
This is on FM19?

jd2010

Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
yeah. enjoying that we've gotten this far in and i havent seen a game breaking tactic yet.
I feel like in FM17 you'd come across a tactic that could get you on a 10-12 game run but it'd always fall over if you weren't flexible.

Big differences in 19 compared to prior years?

Sep 7, 2008
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Philadelphia Eagles
Started a new career mode on FIFA last night. Think this will be the last fifa I buy for a while so will actually get good use out it.

Chose Leicester and have bought young (Pulisic and Sancho) while trying to sell off some of the old members of the squad (Morgan, Benalouane etc). I’ve still got Kelechi but would love to bring another youngish striker in as well as a CB. Also picked up Ramsey and Lallana reasonable cheap to strengthen midfield.

Only played the one game last night, away at Old Trafford. Lost 3-2 to an 88th min winner from Lukaku. Was actually the most fun I’ve had playing a game in years haha. Will definitely give it a spin again tonight.

Did laugh at this as well. The thought of Monaco being in for Cook haha.

832DCA34-612A-4E42-8AEE-C61EB55A4AC4.jpeg

Aug 16, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal
Started a career mode in FIFA with Lyon. Their youth prospects are ******* fantastic.

Have only signed Sturridge and Winks due to lack of funds and Zinchenko on a two year loan. Want to try and retain most of their squad. Defence needs a bit of an overhaul though, so I will look to improve that gradually.

Sep 7, 2008
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Philadelphia Eagles
10 games into my season now. Playing on world class which is normally about my level. Currently sitting 3rd behind Chelsea and City, on 23 points. Vardy is banging them in for me (8 in 10) but not getting enough goals from elsewhere. Arsenal the big surprise, languishing in 18th place 10 games in haha.

Completely rotated the squad in the Carabao Cup. Managed to sneak a 2-1 win after going 1-0 down.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back