Rumour Young players ask Gold Coast not to pick him in draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Exactly right which is why all clubs should be welcome and inviting for the bottom age players.

If the image is so toxic the kids are worried their career is going to be DOA if they're drafted to GC there is a big problem and the AFL needs to launch a probe to fix it.
TBH the media parading around about how our club is the worst doesn't help the perception, is it a slow news day? Bash the Suns. I can imagine the Herald Sun will throw a party once our club is scrubbed from existence.

TBH the media parading around about how our club is the worst doesn't help the perception, is it a slow news day? Bash the Suns. I can imagine the Herald Sun will throw a party once our club is scrubbed from existence.

Agree with this. The commentary on the trades is all about the top clubs and geniuses they are at 'getting the deal done' whereas for us bottom clubs (at the moment) it's 'why would you want to go there'.

100% Luko should get banned if this is true. What is wrong with these kids? I would have loved to moved interstate at that age, what an adventure. Playing footy, getting good coin.

I just don't get it. Are kids really that attached to their family that they need to see them face to face everyday?

But who's going to make his bed for him?

If I was a kick ass footballer I wouldn't apply to play for Gold Coast either, you know career goals and dreams n all that plus more, also it's better for Gold Coast to know because he will only leave them anyway, win win

If I was a kick ass footballer[/B] I wouldn't apply to play for Gold Coast either, you know career goals and dreams n all that plus more, also it's better for Gold Coast to know because he will only leave them anyway, win win
If you was a kick ass footballer , Richmond would win back to back this year .

It's either Gold Coast, Carlton or St Kilda. A true lose, lose, lose situation. Serves him right for being so good.

Ho ho ho, coming from an Adelaide supporter where you've gone from GF to nothing and all your players have been doing their level best to leave, even guys that resigned earlier in the are trying to get out - Adelaide's only hope to recruit long-term talent is to try and get boys from SA because no one wants to go there either.

Let's keep the stone throwing to a minimum hey?

Ho ho ho, coming from an Adelaide supporter where you've gone from GF to nothing and all your players have been doing their level best to leave, even guys that resigned earlier in the are trying to get out - Adelaide's only hope to recruit long-term talent is to try and get boys from SA because no one wants to go there either.

You raise the truth, but so do I. Adelaide knows how to develop talent, pay them out as much as you want but a club like St Kilda would kill for player development success like the Crows.

Hilarious from a supporter of a club that's just offered Dylan Shiel an 8 million dollar contract and is potentially going to pay $800k per season for a cooked Hannebery hahahaha

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Young players should be smart about it.

Go to gold coast, play two years knowing you're way higher up the pecking order and get AFL games.

Then the world is your oyster. If you're a tall you'll hold your prestige for two years, have your agent talk to a few media guys and mention you're keen to get to Melbourne (even if you're from elsewhere) and they will start talking about you, talking = money.

Sign five year, $800,000 a year deal back in your home state meanwhile the guy drafted in the same group as you hasn't played half as many games and signed a two year extension on $200,000 a year.

Young players should be smart about it.

Go to gold coast, play two years knowing you're way higher up the pecking order and get AFL games.

Then the world is your oyster. If you're a tall you'll hold your prestige for two years, have your agent talk to a few media guys and mention you're keen to get to Melbourne (even if you're from elsewhere) and they will start talking about you, talking = money.

Sign five year, $800,000 a year deal back in your home state meanwhile the guy drafted in the same group as you hasn't played half as many games and signed a two year extension on $200,000 a year.
Just like Cerra .You learned fast .

Sounds reasonable. I wonder if there is any footage of drafting gone wrong, I remember Simon Black shut himself in his wardrobe and cried, but it would be cool to see a live video one night of a draftee get picked by a club they don't want to go to, then turn red and start jumping around the room, flipping tables while shouting "Nope! No! No!"" then put their fingers in their ears and hold their breath

Remove this Banner Ad

Back