MFC Fans Only Non-Dees AFL thread: 2018 Edition: Weighed in the balance, who will be found wanting?

Remove this Banner Ad

Hopefully Richmond get Terry Wallace back in to help out as well.

Had some more time to think about it, that's one of the great GFs.
The passage that led to Sheeds goal was as good as footy gets.
De Goey goals were amazing, Cox with some big plucks, 2 ruckmen being useful again, Stephenson turning it on early, McGovern and Barass dominating at one end, Langdon awesome at the other.

I've been negative on footy but that game was amazing.

Heard from someone who has worked at North and Carlton that this is pretty close to the truth. Said they are a long way behind other Melbourne clubs in how they operate.
Have heard similar actually

He also spoke glowingly of North in comparison, which makes me surprised when players keep refusing to go there.
Players have refused them because they chased ridicolous targets
Heeney was a Sydney academy player NEVER going to leave
Dustin Martin is at the biggest club in Melbourne
NEVER going to leave.

They are getting Polec.
Not terrible.

Players have refused them because they chased ridicolous targets
Heeney was a Sydney academy player NEVER going to leave
Dustin Martin is at the biggest club in Melbourne
NEVER going to leave.

They are getting Polec.
Not terrible.

True. Anyway was interesting that apparently of all the clubs in vic they almost have the best reputation for how well they look after their players.

True. Anyway was interesting that apparently of all the clubs in vic they almost have the best reputation for how well they look after their players.

They don't lose players either, although they haven't exactly had the best players in the AFL since the 96+99 crew retired. But I guess when you don't have 100k stadiums and 80k members to offer it's hard to compete without a point of difference.

Tell you what the free kick discussion is ******* boring me to tears. Literally can’t do ANYTHING about it.

Also anyone who thinks there was a concerted effort to “deliver” the flag to one team or another ought to shut their stupid ******* faces and * off to the flat earther conventions that appear to be popping up about the place bc people would rather trust their feeling than actual fact.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tell you what the free kick discussion is ******* boring me to tears. Literally can’t do ANYTHING about it.

Also anyone who thinks there was a concerted effort to “deliver” the flag to one team or another ought to shut their stupid ******* faces and **** off to the flat earther conventions that appear to be popping up about the place bc people would rather trust their feeling than actual fact.
I'd get used to it, Collingwood fans hold onto these things

I thought the Rioli/Maynard contest was a 50/50 call of a block. If it was the first quarter it might've been paid, but at that stage in the last the umps well and truly had the whistle away.

Great game though, watched at Fed Square which was a great atmosphere, surprising number of WC fans in Melbourne.

"LEADING Next Generation Academy prospects Isaac Quaynor and Tarryn Thomas prospects have starred on the opening night of testing at the NAB AFL Draft Combine.

Quaynor, who is tied to Collingwood's NGA due to his African background, was the only player to record a perfect score in the goalkicking assessment at Marvel Stadium on Wednesday night. "

Why do Collingwood have first access to African blokes? What racial group do we get dibbs on?

"LEADING Next Generation Academy prospects Isaac Quaynor and Tarryn Thomas prospects have starred on the opening night of testing at the NAB AFL Draft Combine.

Quaynor, who is tied to Collingwood's NGA due to his African background, was the only player to record a perfect score in the goalkicking assessment at Marvel Stadium on Wednesday night. "

Why do Collingwood have first access to African blokes? What racial group do we get dibbs on?

Probably Jewish kids

Nah, it’s based on where they live. Ethnically diverse background and Aboriginal kids are eligible. We have one this year - Toby Bedford

Quaynor qualifies for the Next Generation Academies because of his African-ness, but Collingwood get access to him via their zone.
Nah, it’s based on where they live. Ethnically diverse background and Aboriginal kids are eligible. We have one this year - Toby Bedford

Ah yep! Got it!

Toby Bedford is a Melbourne Grammar boy. I wonder if that is what the zones were intended for :p

Can anyone explain to me why one supporter based have been pandered to in this way? It's not as if it's offensive.
I’m think the whole site-wide ban thing is temporary. I don’t really know what happened but I’m guessing Gaff’s decision to stay must have driven a bunch of threads into the red zone.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back