lickmerocks

Premiership Player
Jul 24, 2007
heaven
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Bushrangers, Kings,
For a player and his manager to agree to board a private jet and head to Noosa to have a chat is complete nonsense unless you are very interested in moving to that club.

We are talking about two individuals who have a stack of cash (Shiel and connors) so getting on a plane surely has no great appeal to doing business.

The more I think about this situation the more I feel the Blues will win this war.

Oct 14, 2011
AFL Club
Hawthorn
For a player and his manager to agree to board a private jet and head to Noosa to have a chat is complete nonsense unless you are very interested in moving to that club.

We are talking about two individuals who have a stack of cash (Shiel and connors) so getting on a plane surely has no great appeal to doing business.

The more I think about this situation the more I feel the Blues will win this war.
Or theyre not 100% sure Hawthorn can get the deal done so they're exploring all their options, he has nothing to gain by saying "no" to Carlton yet.

Last edited:

One should always agree to meetings and discussions - that's a good rule of business. I totally get that. The plane is just a bit of bling, that, as you pointed out, means nothing.

Oct 3, 2006
Manchester
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
EPL

Agree. Does appear that we had an in principle agreement with Shiel at some stage but as they say money talks and bull$hit walks. Haven’t given up all hope but something stinks in the state of Denmark

I can handle loosing TL to tigers, but getting outbid by that joke of a club really stings. Think I now hate Carlton more than Sydney, Essendon and Geelong!

They boarded the jet because the key people to meet were in noosa not just for a joy flight. Of course you would meet another party to listen to their offer. Stupid not to.

The jet is about carlton showing Shiel that there is another level of wealth out there that they can connect him to. Same pitch as Judd and Visy.

Either Shiel is a $$$ chaser like Judd or he sees through their afterlife promises and finds the right balance that works for him.

Just surprises me that people make their mind up about what he is going to do from the media speculation.

Feb 6, 2007
Melb, Australia
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Washington Wizards

Certainly agree

Big question is does he want to spend the next 2-3 years at the bottom of the ladder when he went through that for quite some time at GWS

Agree. Does appear that we had an in principle agreement with Shiel at some stage but as they say money talks and bull$hit walks. Haven’t given up all hope but something stinks in the state of Denmark

I can handle loosing TL to tigers, but getting outbid by that joke of a club really stings. Think I now hate Carlton more than Sydney, Essendon and Geelong!
Another jumping at shadows...get a grip.

The beach is *in B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L today. The least the tight campaigners could of done was put him him up for a week.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

That's really interesting - I won't reveal my source but they're close enough to know for sure what's going on. Either keeping cards very close to their chest by controlling any potential leaks or he legitimately hasn't made a decision.

Personally I think he's coming back to VIC.

For what it's worth I'm confident in saying it's certainly NOT down to either West Coast or North Melbourne. Other clubs very much amongst it still.
Please check in with your source, as to whether ransom/blackmail can assist.

I know a guy...

So much to play out here

Firstly - If he is going to Carlton it will be for significant money - He's not going there on anything less than 1.2 - which is a ridiculous sum of money. If he goes for less watch for the Visy ambassadorship to kick in.

Secondly he's still contracted so Carltank have to come up with a trade to satisfy them. They currently only have pick 1. Do you trade pick one for Dylan Shiel???

I think you've shot your load early on this

RobHawk

All Australian
May 30, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Liverpool FC

The blues may win the odd battle but they will never win the war. The initials SOS are synonomous with that club.

HawkMongrel

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 15, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
MVFC, Aston Villa

I'm lucky enough to have flown on what I'm almost certain is the exact jet they flew on if it's the Pratt family jet as I suspect it is.

It wouldn't take too much convincing to get someone to board that flight with leather sofas that rotate into full-length beds, any refreshments you want brought in by the captain and his co-pilot, and just the general swag factor of boarding a Gulfstream.

As he was a Blues fan as a kid he would never knock that flight down.

Dec 18, 2005
Barstow, Cal14nia
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
GAVROI MOUNIA... GAMW TON PIRAEA
I'm lucky enough to have flown on what I'm almost certain is the exact jet they flew on if it's the Pratt family jet as I suspect it is.

It wouldn't take too much convincing to get someone to board that flight with leather sofas that rotate into full-length beds, any refreshments you want brought in by the captain and his co-pilot, and just the general swag factor of boarding a Gulfstream.

It wasn’t the Pratt’s jet - it was from Zac Fried (board member).

Point still stands though, I’m sure it was nice inside.

Is the private jet actually confirmed as happened? On the Age Realfooty podcast they said that they proposed doing this but ended up just meeting later in the week in Melbourne instead. Either way, he’s had 2 meetings with the Blues in a week, which doesn’t jive with the “just going through the motions” theory that some posters are certain of...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back