Opinion Posts That Don't Deserve a Thread (Random Opinion or Questions)

Remove this Banner Ad

swansfan51

We have 'The Midfield' - JPK
'The Forward Line' - Buddy

Who is 'The Defence' ?

Rample?
Reid?
Rohan? ( threw this in just to see if you've read this far).
Our defence actually has more than 1 contributor (Franklin very occasionally gets some help too)

Since Teddy left, I think Reg/Smitty/Rampe have been outstanding for us the past few seasons IMO.

I really loved the look of Melican when he was there too. Fingers crossed he's able to step up next season & own that Reg role.

(Btw, the answer is obviously a fit Reidy :p)

Melbourne & Collingwood, 2-6 & 1-7. They might have very short finals campaigns

Collingwood have too many injuries, eventually it will catch up, and Melbourne (and I've been wrong before) are a year away from really contending.

Interesting looking at this table again.
The Pies have truly been gifted a draw from heaven to land a top 4 position where anything can happen.

Yep

At least they were lower on the ladder last year so it made sense in these rules

To me common sense is either play each other once or keep it rotational

Stop random double ups

Yep

At least they were lower on the ladder last year so it made sense in these rules

To me common sense is either play each other once or keep it rotational

Stop random double ups
The AFL is really trying hard to give everyone a turn at winning the p'ship but it seems the balance is stacked far too much towards a Victorian team that gets relief from being able to finally come home to play their biggest game.
Poor old West Coast qualified higher than the Hawks in 2015, smashed them at home in the first final, only to forfeit their superior rights for the season to play the Hawks on their home deck. History reating for them now against the Pies. I really hope they win so no one has to listen to me go on about this unfair advantage Victorian teams get.

By virtue of a manufactured draw, the Magpies, & Tigers last season, get to win a p'ship cup much easier than West Coast this year & Adelaide last year.

I asked this several months ago and got crickets but I thought I'd try it again.. but does anyone know how to get your hands on a 2018 team photo? Seems so bizarre the club goes to all the effort to get the squad together and take a photo then make it impossible for the public to access. Or is it just me?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I asked this several months ago and got crickets but I thought I'd try it again.. but does anyone know how to get your hands on a 2018 team photo? Seems so bizarre the club goes to all the effort to get the squad together and take a photo then make it impossible for the public to access. Or is it just me?
melbourneoffice@sydneyswans.com.au

Flick em an email. I've found the Melbourne staff to be quite helpful.

Can I ask what happened during the early 70's? Won 14 games in 1970, then we only won 3 games in 1971, 2 games in 1972, 4 games in 1973..... What caused the huge drop off? Or maybe was it an aberation winning 14 in 1970 since we only won 7 games and 6.5 the 2 years prior to it. Cheers.

1970 shook down the thunder from the sky.

A particular combination of factors led to that still unbelievable year.

Our coach was the incomparable Norm Smith and we had recruited well. We had champs in Skilton and Bedford and a bloody good ruckman in Fred Way. We had a good centreline and unconventional forward line. As was our way, we struggled to keep our team together and a number of players soon moved on.

Attn: Member Upgrades!!

BigFooty is trying to charge my card for a premium membership when I sponsored Rohan (and won a free membership in the tipping comp in Round 9). I have alerted Chief via the customer service thread, but thought I'd just let you guys know so you can all check your own accounts.

My C/Card expired this year, otherwise they'd have successfully debited and I wouldn't even know till my statement came in...

Last edited:
Attn: Player sponsors!!!

BigFooty is trying to charge my card for a premium membership when I sponsored Rohan (and won a free membership in the tipping comp in Round 9). I have alerted Chief via the customer service thread, but thought I'd just let you guys know so you can all check your own accounts.

My C/Card expired this year, otherwise they'd have successfully debited and I wouldn't even know till my statement came in...
If you sponsored Rohan how did you hand over your cc details? Didn't we all just put the $ into an account RW organised by funds transfer? The Rohan sponsorship wouldn't have been done till 2018 so how does that work?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back