Verbal Faux Pas, Jargon, Cliches, Boganisms, etc

Remove this Banner Ad

Caller on sen said hopes the "stigmatism" will be removed (in relation to mental health)
Callers to radio stations shouldn't be quoted - they are all bogans who can't talk proper :cool:.

(Present company excluded if you phone up radio stations... :p)

Callers to radio stations shouldn't be quoted - they are all bogans who can't talk proper :cool:.

Oh jhaha. last time i called a radio station was in the 80s. to vote for the top 8 at 8.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

But they come out with some of the best ones. :D Eg: "Warne's too fat. He's overbese"

Instead of saying someone 'stole my thunder', another guy said: "that last caller took my storm"

Last edited:
David Schwarz said "the Louvre" instead of "the luge" a few times today until a caller rang it to correct him. They were talking about sports that Aussies are crap at, and he kept saying, "we're crap at the Louvre. Why are so crap at the Louvre?"

This morning in Damo's attempts to sound knowledgeable, he referred to Beams as "suffering from mental health". He does this quite frequently, as though he doesn't know quite the words to use when he could just add "issues" to the end of it and not sound like a complete oxygen thief.

I wasn't aware that having mental health was something that caused suffering, but there you go.

This morning in Damo's attempts to sound knowledgeable, he referred to Beams as "suffering from mental health". He does this quite frequently, as though he doesn't know quite the words to use when he could just add "issues" to the end of it and not sound like a complete oxygen thief.

I wasn't aware that having mental health was something that caused suffering, but there you go.

lol. I dont think someone can suffer from mental health. Everyone has mental health....whether or not it is "good or bad" is the question. It's like suffering from physical health. wtf does that mean?

or leg speed.
or leaving the field with the blood rule. WTF??? you dont leave with something, you leave because of the rule.
it's like saying player X is penalised with the holding the ball rule.

Er, no.

Like when someone I know spelt separate as seperate and claimed it was optional.

There's nothing wrong with dropping the first 'r' in February, it's pretty much why everyone does it. Spelling is a different beast again, though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back