List Mgmt. 2018 Draft, Free Agency & Trade Hypotheticals thread, Part II: Nothing happened!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, he's free to a good home!

Saw elsewhere that after FA compo picks are given for Lynch, Gaff, Lycett & Dahlhaus our picks will be 13, 34, 39 then a pick in the 70s

Dahlhaus would be an end of third round compo pick at best.

Lol Motlop got an end of first round. The AFL give whatever they want.

Aye Doona. Opening up a goat's entrails and watching which way the steam blows at the Delphic Oracle to determine the future makes as much as sense as AFL decisions on most issues.

Oct 14, 2016
AFL Club
Sydney
Dahlhaus would be an end of third round compo pick at best.

AFL site suggesting pick after their second.... I could understand any 3rd rounder but a 2nd is an obvious priority pick under a different name.

With all the father son and various academy picks the draft is going to get very much diluted towards the mid to late 2nd round.
Edit-WC getting two end of 1sts is dubious too. Lycett compo looks like a Gaff square up if ever I saw one.

Last edited:
AFL site suggesting pick after their second.... I could understand any 3rd rounder but a 2nd is an obvious priority pick under a different name.

With all the father son and various academy picks the draft is going to get very much diluted towards the mid to late 2nd round.
Edit-WC getting two end of 1sts is dubious too. Lycett compo looks like a Gaff square up if ever I saw one.

Are you implying that the A(V)FL would make policy decisions on the run and manipulate the outcome for undisclosed reasons?

Unpossible!

Harley on SEN. Denied interest in May, Shiel and stressed we are not chasing big fish.

He emphasised a better injury list would keep us competitive and admitted interest in the three known players in Ryan, Durea and VDB.

So seems it looks like a quiet trade period beyond some salary shedding.

Harley on SEN. Denied interest in May, Shiel and stressed we are not chasing big fish.

He emphasised a better injury list would keep us competitive and admitted interest in the three known players in Ryan, Durea and VDB.

Not unexpected.

So when does the free agent period open? Is it 9am today?
Officially 9.01 am. Papers can be lodged then.

I may have made that up just to get a post in on the new thread. I am admitting to nothing at this time.

bedford not being nasty but how does that jibe with what you have heard.

I fully understand public announcements by clubs are worthless time wasters but have we gone cold on the target or has the target accepted elsewhere perhaps?

I am admitting to nothing at this time.

Sounds like you have bought into the spirit of Trade Week, the traditional theme song of which is "Lawyers, Guns and Money"

Jun 29, 2010
Bombay
AFL Club
Sydney

So seems it looks like a quiet trade period beyond salary shedding.
This doesn’t make any sense at all.

They at least need to fill the void created by Tippett jumping ship. It wasn’t just the injury list that had the 2018 swans fighting blindfolded and with a hand tied behind their back.

Jul 20, 2001
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Sydney Swans
This doesn’t make any sense at all.

They at least need to fill the void created by Tippett jumping ship. It wasn’t just the injury list that had the 2018 swans fighting blindfolded and with a hand tied behind their back.

Could be a case of no high quality free agents/available players wanting to come here this year and we could be working something for next year. Front load some contracts this year and open up more space next year.

Also define what a big fish is I suppose. We could target a contracted 21/22 year old that we can guarantee more opportunity and $$$. Given some teams are still completing their best and fairest, particularly sides that went deeper into finals and therefore more likely to have a surplus of quality players who aren’t getting, or perhaps won’t get (due to other trade acquisitions) their fair opportunity then perhaps we may still see someone targeted (but isn’t a “big fish” yet per se).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back