News Scott Lycett signs with Port Districts

May 8, 2014
Adelaide Airport
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Boston Red Sox, Boston Celtics, QPR
I think they'll gain two first round or end of first round compo picks for Lycett and Gaff (doesn't really matter which one they are, since they're premiers, other than whether they make their picks on the first night of the draft or the second night), in turn they'll probably trade both of those picks to Geelong for Tim Kelly

He’ll be very good for us but 5 years is a big commitment for a ruckman.

Ruckmen generally tend to improve as they get older. Doesn't matter if they slow down a bit, they get more cunning.

bacharach

Club Legend
Oct 29, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
5 years is probably 1 too many but if it means we can put our lack of ruckman issues behind us then I don't care. After Paddy was suspended and last years injury concerns, I'm sick of putting Dixon and Westy in there as it f***s with our structures too much.
Now everyone can stick to their roles and Paddy can rest forward and kick goals.

mic59

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 20, 2002
Alberton, the chosen land
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Blyth Spartans, Dallas Cowboys
That’s our karma for picking Ben Jacobs ahead of him in the first place.
Don't know if we were intending to pick him at 35 but if West Coast hadn't got a priority pick then they wouldn't have taken Lycett with pick 29 as they'd have needed that for Jack Darling and Lycett may still have been available at our second pick. In 2010 they lost to us at AAMI to a David Rodan behind 50 seconds before the final siren. They draw that game and they get no priority pick.

Jun 12, 2012
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Don't know if we were intending to pick him at 35 but if West Coast hadn't got a priority pick then they wouldn't have taken Lycett with pick 29 as they'd have needed that for Jack Darling and Lycett may still have been available at our second pick. In 2010 they lost to us at AAMI to a David Rodan behind 50 seconds before the final siren. They draw that game and they get no priority pick.

IIRC most of the phantom drafts had us taking him at Pick 16. Anyway it’s ancient history now and the less said about that particular draft the better.

Back