Traded Will Setterfield [traded to Carlton with #71 for #43 & future 2nd round pick]

Remove this Banner Ad

Classic example of someone insecure about the result turning it onto others and giving an alternative.

From what I understand, we are in the nox seat, and have been from day one. Dodoro has kept in constant contact with Will since being drafted as he was a Bombers supporter growing up as a kid.
Not sure how we facilitate the trade to get it done but one I would think will get done in the end.
But who the hell wants to commute to tullamarine every day? Tulla is where dreams go to die, such a depressing locale.
I think if you gave everyone an option of where they'd rather work 9/10 would choose Carlton.

SOS bid on him in his draft year, so obviously rates him highly.

And if shiel chooses us it makes the situation a lot easier.

2019 first round pick (1-5)
Pick 26 this year
State league player.

That would be a starting point for the 2.

But who the hell wants to commute to tullamarine every day? Tulla is where dreams go to die, such a depressing locale.
I think if you gave everyone an option of where they'd rather work 9/10 would choose Carlton.

Pick 26 this year
State league player.

We dont want future picks.

Pick 26 this year
State league player.

You are not getting Shiel + Setterfield + McGovern without giving up pick 1 or a top 5 player on your list.

Accept this

May need to accept only getting Dylan and miss out on Will

Do you work for the club in list management do you? Please tell us where shiel is going? Oh and why are you guys so far over the cap?
So you do?
Are we far over the cap. What are the details exactly?
You dont got to be a genius to know future picks wont work for us.

So you do?
Are we far over the cap. What are the details exactly?
You dont got to be a genius to know future picks wont work for us.
I gave a hypothetical scenario. You gave a absolute statement.

So you must be an employee? Or a pretender?

Also we could include Jones who you guys have reportedly shown interest in.

You made a statement without any knowlege, and apparently dont realise that leaves you with no credibility.

I think Carlton and there supporters are over rating Liam Jones far more than he is actually worth. Would be steak knives in any deal

I think Carlton and there supporters are over rating Liam Jones far more than he is actually worth. Would be steak knives in any deal
In an open market he's probably a mid second round pick. Would walk into the gws backline ahead of buntine, corr, finlayson and Taylor.

In an open market he's probably a mid second round pick. Would walk into the gws backline ahead of buntine, corr, finlayson and Taylor.

Checked into your board last week and some were (seriously) suggesting first rounders for him.

I'd agree, his value to you guys is more than what you are likely to get.

Anyway, back to Will

He's Essendon bound!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You are not getting Shiel + Setterfield + McGovern without giving up pick 1 or a top 5 player on your list.

Accept this

May need to accept only getting Dylan and miss out on Will
This is not the case

Future 1st + 25 + Casboult for Shiel + Setterfield (Yes I am aware Casboult holds no trade value)

Pick 24 + State League Pick + Swap of future 2nd round picks for MM.

Jones could be traded to add currency to either of those deals if required.

Checked into your board last week and some were (seriously) suggesting first rounders for him.

I'd agree, his value to you guys is more than what you are likely to get.

Anyway, back to Will

He's Essendon bound!
I could see some club stupidly paying and end of first round pick. But yes he's worth is closer to 25-30.

Agreed, don’t rate him at all. Some supporters treat him as the second coming of Rance.

Can't wait for Carlton to be big again. The banter will be off the charts. Last few years the banter between the 2 has been "haha we are ******* horrid but we managed to beat you guys, how bad are you!?!?"
Only worth it if the Bombers are big too.
I could do with a repeat of the ‘99 prelim.

Very strong inside word on the Carlton board says he is almost a certainty. (whilst the same posters are line ball with Shiel)

In saying that, I would have thought Essendon would be in the front seat. Maybe he sees more opportunity in the Blues less developed midfield? Not sure.

Has there been any word from ITK posters on the Essendon board?

We don't really have that many who claim to be ITK over at our board tbh. I mean a few get info solid info don't post it and whore the likes. And if I'm honest, your midfield isn't any less developed than ours. Sure the gap significantly drops after Cripps, but at ess we don't have anyone near his calible of inside. Our strength is our KPP stocks, not our midfield.

We have alot of fast, small types.

Our two most reputable posters have said he's done to Carlton which is awesome as I personally didn't think we'd get him.

Still worried about his injuries though...hopefully Andrew russell will help with that.
His bad concussion un 2017 when copped an accidental knee from Fyfe was just plain bad luck.
His ACL in the unofficial pre-season trial against the Swans this year a bit more of a worry . Most players come back well from an ACL these days, but it's a case by case thing.

I very much doubt he'll get a pre-season this year, or be ready to go round 1 next year. Has a very high upside though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back