MadTigerFan

Premiership Player
Aug 17, 2010
Vic
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Astros, Spurs, 49ers, Liverpool
When you put it in the Indians thread we sort of have to say something.

What do you want us to say about it, dont think the vib of this thread the last 3 months is anything else but we already know this and are making up the numbers, so besides trying to annoy us what other purpose is there to gain in posting this.

Why dont you post it in the Astros thread to discuss with all your astros fans?

Oh thats right.
A week later.

I enjoyed my little arguments in here last season, sad that you guys aren't active anymore, i have no doubt you will be if the Indians beat the Astros in a few weeks though.

Chops18

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 5, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Juve, Cleveland Indians
With respect, you guys were formidable throughout the season last year, and then folded like a pack of cards to the WC team, didn't you?

Lots to prove this year about your post-season resilience.
That's why i mentioned our record and people thinking we will be easy beats. Year before that RedSox and Blue Jays were red hot favourites against us and we knocked them both out with ease. It's a clean slate for all teams come postseason and we're just as strong and gifted as any of the other teams there.

... we're just as strong and gifted as any of the other teams there.

Sorry man, but as a Rays fan, I can't help but giggle. You're going to have pretty much the exact same record as us. We won a series against you a month ago - at Progressive no less. And we are hell and gone from competing with the Redsox, Yankees in our own division, and Oakland in our league.

Look, go in to postseason with the "all bets are off" and "it's anyone's game" attitude. All power to ya. But to think your team is as good as the other American Leaguers in the postseason...

... it reminds me of when Brad Scott was saying a few years ago that North had beaten every other finalist during the H&A season and were thus a real chance, to be honest.

MadTigerFan

Premiership Player
Aug 17, 2010
Vic
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Sorry man, but as a Rays fan, I can't help but giggle. You're going to have pretty much the exact same record as us. We won a series against you a month ago - at Progressive no less. And we are hell and gone from competing with the Redsox, Yankees in our own division, and Oakland in our league.

Look, go in to postseason with the "all bets are off" and "it's anyone's game" attitude. All power to ya. But to think your team is as good as the other American Leaguers in the postseason...

... it reminds me of when Brad Scott was saying a few years ago that North had beaten every other finalist during the H&A season and were thus a real chance, to be honest.
Kluber, Carrasco, Bauer and Clevinger is in the top 2 rotations for the playoffs but the bullpen is yuck and Kluber struggled a bit last post season. Red Sux also have a terrible bullpen.

Carlos Correa (back) has been playing injured along with Springer (wrist/hand) and Altuve (knee) so they're every chance to beat them.

Chops18

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 5, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Juve, Cleveland Indians
Josh Donaldson heating up at the right time , the trade for him was one of the better moves we've made in.a long time and didn't have to give up much for him. With Millers and Edwins (at least i think its EEs last year) and a couple of other contracts expiring I'd be looking at trying to retain Donaldson next year.

MadTigerFan

Premiership Player
Aug 17, 2010
Vic
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Josh Donaldson heating up at the right time , the trade for him was one of the better moves we've made in.a long time and didn't have to give up much for him. With Millers and Edwins (at least i think its EEs last year) and a couple of other contracts expiring I'd be looking at trying to retain Donaldson next year.
https://www.spotrac.com/mlb/cleveland-indians/payroll/

Signed a 3 year deal after 2016

Last edited:

Chops18

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 5, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Juve, Cleveland Indians
Sack Francona. The sooner the better. Love the guy but we will never win anything with him in charge. Up 1-0 with Carrasco only throwing 77 pitches and he takes him out. Seriously what goes through that senile mind of his ? Keeps Ramirez in the three hole despite the fact he has forgotten how to hit. Oh and uses Bauer out of the bullpen twice so far despite him being our best starter on the year. Gotta go Francona.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Sack Francona. The sooner the better. Love the guy but we will never win anything with him in charge. Up 1-0 with Carrasco only throwing 77 pitches and he takes him out. Seriously what goes through that senile mind of his ? Keeps Ramirez in the three hole despite the fact he has forgotten how to hit. Oh and uses Bauer out of the bullpen twice so far despite him being our best starter on the year. Gotta go Francona.

We just seem to be jogging up and down on the spot, as soon as he took Carrasco out and put Miller in I said game over, following going so close two years ago to winning it all, we have just done everything since to p*** it up against the wall.

The World series is currently being played in Boston, winner of that series will destroy the remaining teams and win it all.

MadTigerFan

Premiership Player
Aug 17, 2010
Vic
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams

One of the best Managers in the game, you're just angry atm. Bauer coming off an injury so isn't stretched out enough to start.

Chops18

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 5, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Juve, Cleveland Indians
One of the best Managers in the game, you're just angry atm. Bauer coming off an injury so isn't stretched out enough to start.
Was one of the best managers in the game, he's not anymore. It's got nothing to do with being just angry. These older managers are past it. All year we've had to watch him make bad decisions when it comes to managing the pitching staff. He never tries anything new when the team is slumping. He's too much of a buddy with the players and is too soft in them. Being a buddy to the players is fine but you have to have some fire and that agro in you to inspire your players (Hardwick for us is a good example).

MadTigerFan

Premiership Player
Aug 17, 2010
Vic
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Was one of the best managers in the game, he's not anymore. It's got nothing to do with being just angry. These older managers are past it. All year we've had to watch him make bad decisions when it comes to managing the pitching staff. He never tries anything new when the team is slumping. He's too much of a buddy with the players and is too soft in them. Being a buddy to the players is fine but you have to have some fire and that agro in you to inspire your players (Hardwick for us is a good example).
Careful what you wish for, look what happened to the Nationals after they fired Dusty Baker. As I said one of the best managers in the game, not many active managers who have a World Series.

I don't really rate AJ Hinch as a manager but look at his team, has no real holes and tons of depth, makes his job much easier.

Chops18

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 5, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Juve, Cleveland Indians
Careful what you wish for, look what happened to the Nationals after they fired Dusty Baker. As I said one of the best managers in the game, not many active managers who have a World Series.
14 years ago with Boston who had the likes of Manny , Ortiz, Youkilis , Nomar , Damon, Schilling , Varitek etc...

Look i love Francona and prior to this year i think he's been great for us but it's time to move on to a fresh face with new ideas.

MadTigerFan

Premiership Player
Aug 17, 2010
Vic
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
14 years ago with Boston who had the likes of Manny , Ortiz, Youkilis , Nomar , Damon, Schilling , Varitek etc...

Look i love Francona and prior to this year i think he's been great for us but it's time to move on to a fresh face with new ideas.
Team has holes, hard for manager to cover them, also been on easy street for weeks without playing hard games.

Again, just from a win-loss perspective, they're on par with teams like Tampa Bay, Oakland, Seattle. They're effectively a wild card standard team.

Chops18

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 5, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Juve, Cleveland Indians
Stick the fork in. This season is totally on the pitching. Buy some starters Tito!!!! It has been 3 years at least with basically the same rotation.
Rotation is fine. We have one of the best of not best rotations in baseball. Bullpen arms are needed and a manager that knows how to manage a pitching staff. I would kill to have Callaway back , he was the biggest loss we had in recent years.

MadTigerFan

Premiership Player
Aug 17, 2010
Vic
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Rotation is fine. We have one of the best of not best rotations in baseball. Bullpen arms are needed and a manager that knows how to manage a pitching staff. I would kill to have Callaway back , he was the biggest loss we had in recent years.
And offense holes also, playing such meek opposition in the AL Central doesn't help.

Chops18

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 5, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Juve, Cleveland Indians
And offense holes also, playing such meek opposition in the AL Central doesn't help.
It doesn't, easy to get complacent when it's an easy ride through the year. The year we made the WS and to an extent last year when the divisions were slightly stronger we were better off for it.

Good luck for the rest of the postseason, i can't see anyone beating you guys at the moment.

I struggled to get into this year because our win loss record didn't reflect the way we were truly performing.

We are in no mans land, we either need to spend some money and get 2 or 3 quality players in, or start selling and working on youth.

We will make the Post season with our current division and roster next year, but we would finish 4th or 5th in the ALE and 2nd or 3rd in the ALW, so we are just there to make up the numbers.

And will take this moment to say fair well to Chief Wahoo, will miss the smiling indian on the cap going forward.

I don't understand how it is racist as he is red because of the team colors and smiling, but if it is racist then I agree we need to say goodbye.

If there is a curse associated with the Chief then hopefully that will fix our problems and we can win the 2019 World series;)

Chops18

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 5, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Juve, Cleveland Indians
Yan Gomes off to the Nationals.
One of the more baffling moves along with not signing Brantley (whom we had no problens paying for when injured ). Maybe we ship Bauer or Kluber off in package deal to Miami for Realmuto and bullpen help or to LA and try to get Grandal and Puig. I hope to go we aren't relying on Roberto Perez to be our number one, i like the guy and I'm happy to keep him as a back up but he's not even close to being a a number one choice.

Rumour is we're interested in bringing Santana back. Love Santana, he's a BB machine and i have no issues with him coming back but damn why the hell not sign him last free agency. We're going to bring him back at a higher price.

It's no wonder we're a laughing stock.

Back