News Trade thread for one score and four Lincoln McCarthy (picks 42 & 60 for Lincoln McCarthy, 54 & 57)

Remove this Banner Ad

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl...l-to-be-lodged-on-monday-20181007-p5088r.html
McCarthy, who turns 25 later this month, is talented but has an extensive injury history, experiencing myriad ailments including quad, hip, hamstring, foot and back issues during his seven-year career at the Cats. The South Australian, taken at pick 66 in the 2011 draft, was limited to just two senior games in 2018, kicking two goals and laying four tackles.

Welcome Lincoln McCarthy! I hope the club has plenty of cotton wool.

If the trade with Geelong for McCarthy is correct that is a good bit of trading by both clubs. Both Geelong and the Lions benefit and walk away happy with improved draft positions. Well done Ambrogio.

Looks like a fair and simple trade. Gives the Cats a pick upgrade and us breaking even as the picks are likely going to be used for points.

Hopefully we can get Lincoln's body right and he can become rock solid depth and sit somewhere between the 18-30th player picked on our list.
Also playing with a great mate in Neale and living in Brisbane. What's not the like?

Ye
Looks like a fair and simple trade. Gives the Cats a pick upgrade and us breaking even as the picks are likely going to be used for points.

Hopefully we can get Lincoln's body right and he can become rock solid depth and sit somewhere between the 18-30th player picked on our list.
Yep, that's how you establish positive respectful relationships with clubs. Working together to maximize opportunities. Calling out Rosich.

Oct 16, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Melbourne Stars
Very happy with the price we payed for McCarthy. Dream scenario for me would be to acquire Neale and manage to stay in the second round of the draft this year, as well as being able to comfortably cover the points for McFayden.
Interesting one for me now is Adams. Will be curious to see if our interest is completely genuine and what the dogs would expect in return. I assume he would be more valuable to them than say a future third?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mar 13, 2013
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Bruins, Dodgers, Bulls, SEM Phoenix
What does Lincoln McCarthy have to offer?? Small forward isn’t he?
A heap of talent.

Hopefully a change of scenery helps with his injury history. Very highly regarded at our club but just hasn’t put it together. In the scheme of things the Lions are not giving up a lot, so there is not a huge risk attached anyway.

Here is hoping for a 20 game, 35 goal season!

After the trade paperwork has been done, we can declare that Lincoln has signed his emancipation proclamation.
Just keep him awa6 from the theatre.

davemc_lions

Premiership Player
Aug 21, 2013
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
When fit he was best 22 for the Cats was even looked at by Scott for their final. So not sure why people would not think he be best 22 for us if fit.
My mate who is a Cats supporter said he is a Gun.. Although you get 10 mins out of him a season before he breaks down.
We targeting him and Adams must think our medical department can do it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back