Traded Dylan Shiel [traded with future 2nd to Essendon for #9 and future 1st round pick]

Where is Dylan Shiel getting traded?

• Carlton

Votes: 182 39.8%
  • Essendon

Votes: 37 8.1%
  • Hawthorn

Votes: 146 31.9%
  • St Kilda

Votes: 71 15.5%
  • Other

Votes: 21 4.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

In all seriousness though, we have been completely written off by the media so far in regards to Shiel which doesn't really make sense when you consider he is apparently touring our facilities this week (along with Carlton and I am sure Hawthorn), our offer has been upped to be comparable with Hawthorn and in terms of trade we are probably in the best position as Carlton don't want to give up pick 1, Hawthorn have pick 15 which is unders and we have pick 8 which is probably bang on.

A bit to play out here me thinks.

I always perceived Essendon as the bigger threat. Still could happen

In all seriousness though, we have been completely written off by the media so far in regards to Shiel which doesn't really make sense when you consider he is apparently touring our facilities this week (along with Carlton and I am sure Hawthorn), our offer has been upped to be comparable with Hawthorn and in terms of trade we are probably in the best position as Carlton don't want to give up pick 1, Hawthorn have pick 15 which is unders and we have pick 8 which is probably bang on.

If he has the choice of Hawthorn and Essendon on the same coin, he will take Hawthorn. They have put far more work into him and he fits their midfield better.

We are out of the race mate. Would have been nice but we move on.

But you do need to sell home games

We have a contract with the Tassie government.....It's been on-going for some 18 seasons now.

Good business practise, I'd of thought.

fmd common man get a grip ....pretty sure you guys have had your fair share of priority piks etc in past .

Nice avatar.....Doesn't really match the name though.

The only F/A of any note we've picked up has been Frawley.....Unless you'd like to educate me otherwise.

I always perceived Essendon as the bigger threat. Still could happen
I doubt we would have upped our offer to him unless he was at least half interested in the club. If we were told no, we would have moved on to someone else.

I suspect even though Shiel has made his mind up by now with all the meetings concluded, he was very much undecided until Friday.

You seem to be poorly educated on the history of our great club. The only point you have correct is that we received priority picks. Two actually, one of which we went full Carlton on, so really we've only had one useful priority pick (Roughy).

We didn't buy land from the AFL for $1. I assume you mean Waverley Park? That deal had nothing to do with the AFL, and was all about the developer that had bought the land needing to fulfil some of the requirements of the local council in terms of maintaining a sporting presence at the facility after the development.

Raped free agents? Do you mean when we got Frawley and Melbourne got pick 3, or when we gave up Franklin and got pick 19? Who are these other free agents we 'raped'? You probably mean the non-free agents we traded for like Burgoyne, Lake etc right? The ones everyone said we were overpaying for at the time?

We have a commercial arrangement with the Tasmanian government. An arrangement any other club could have negotiated.

You should take more notice of what is going with teams at the other end of the ladder.

I pity Shiel if he's been blinded by the $'s.

I can only assume he is talking about Jonathon Simpkin who we got as a delisted free agent;)

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

Hahahaha.....Hawthorn haven’t had PP’s. Hawthorn didn’t buy land from the AFL for $1. Hawthorn haven’t raped free agents in their premiership years. Hawthorn haven’t been given free reign in Tassy?. Now that you might have to work and pay, you sook if you don’t win.........lol

I am going to assume you haven't followed a lot of footy since John Elliot got the boot but netting Frawley and Simpkin doesn't constitute 'raping' free agency in the Premiership years.

I understand how you got this wrong though as if you rely on the media you would think we got Burgoyne, Lake, and Gunston via free agency not via trades.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

We have a contract with the Tassie government.....It's been on-going for some 18 seasons now.

Good business practise, I'd of thought.

Nice avatar.....Doesn't really match the name though.

The only F/A of any note we've picked up has been Frawley.....Unless you'd like to educate me otherwise.

Mario always punches above his weight i piked Emily's dress for our b&f Friday night ...

I like how you showed the due diligence to move hawthorns pick back but not your own. You will have pick 10. We’ll have either 15/16 depending on what Sydney do. So adding a second or ceglar with salary puts us fairly close in trade value

The AFL & GWS have made it patently obvious that they desire he moves to Carlton.....However, it's not up to them.....Blues posters would do well to keep that in mind.

If a wooden spoon side is able to tempt an A-grade talent to them, then that would certainly be a precedent worth shouting about....But again, it's up to Dylan & has nothing to do with Carlton satisfying GWS's demands.....It's only a fait accompli when Dylan decides & not before then.
Oohhhhhh....Cocky SOB.
Yr reply has zero to do with my post.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

* that.

North have a lot more cash to throw around. They've even painted the plane with their logo:

1500,1500-58897b752dec4363afed7378dd799acd-qantas-boeing-787-tail-920b.jpg

Make grand final, line up for days to get tickets, go to grand final, leave MCG miserable, and repeat 26 times. What a life !!

If you replace finals with nothing and the MCG with Etihad, then reduce 26 down to 22, it sounds like you've described an average home and away season for a Carlton fan.

If you replace finals with nothing and the MCG with Etihad, then reduce 26 down to 22, it sounds like you've described an average home and away season for a Carlton fan.
Very funny, could be the orks in 5 years if they dont land a decent free agent. Missing all those early round draft picks will catch up with them sooner or later

Back