F1 Championship - Round 17 - Japanese Grand Prix

Bottas cuts chicane and now Max has a big sniff...

Cmon nows the time for SUPER-CRASHEN

hey shorty

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
Still won't get past Bottas.

Garth Vader

Club Legend
Jun 2, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
As soon as he gets close to 5s difference to Max, the gap widens quickly again.
Hovering around 5.5 - 6s difference, mostly..... by sheer coincidence.

hey shorty

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
As soon as he gets close to 5s difference to Max, the gap widens quickly again.
Hovering around 5.5 - 6s difference, mostly..... by sheer coincidence.
I do wonder if he had to use a bit more engine mode early on to clear the pack.

Makes sense when you think about it

ADR driver of the day.

Marko get that for him too?

At least DR wont be a #2 driver at Renault.

Garth Vader

Club Legend
Jun 2, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
I do wonder if he had to use a bit more engine mode early on to clear the pack.

Makes sense when you think about it

But why is the 5s gap a problem for him? Sus that he can reel in 5s fast then hits a wall. Doesn't make sense.... until you realise Marko in with RBR.

Does Max seriously expect Kimi to wait for him to come on the track when he goes off?

Heard some dumb thoughts but Max is so full of himself he thinks everyone should give way to him.

Vettel should have got 5 seconds too but he is that bad out of form it doesn’t really matter.

Big on the conspiracy theories in here this afternoon...
well had to go with something.

knew the race wasn't gonna give much

hey shorty

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
Not embarrassed the slightest.

Did you watch the race?

Do you know the history of RBR with Webber?
There was a definite bias toward Seb, but he was the better driver and a Red Bull prodigy whereas Webber was an outsider.

Dan is Red Bull kid, and as much as I don't like Max or Marko they were never going to let them race.

Garth Vader

Club Legend
Jun 2, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
There was a definite bias toward Seb, but he was the better driver and a Red Bull prodigy whereas Webber was an outsider.

Dan is Red Bull kid, and as much as I don't like Max or Marko they were never going to let them race.

I don't know if you recall the interview that Webber gave some years ago where he seemed to suggest that, in a couple of races, when he was in front of Seb or threatening to overtake, RBR did "something funny" in real time to the engine mapping/power curve. You might be able to Google it.

Then there's the front wing fiasco you probably know about, when they put Webber's front wing on Seb's car.

Having said the above, I don't doubt Seb was the better driver - it's just a shame that Webber never got to test his capabilities in another team.

I don't think RBR would "sabotage" one of their cars to finish below other teams but I would have no trouble believing they would tinker with race strategies and engine modes/mappings to stop him finishing in front of Max.

What I'd really love to know about this race is whether Red Bull advised Dan during the race that Max had a 5s penalty.

Does anyone have word on that?

Back