Votes: 1 25.0%

• Total voters
Mar 19, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Liverpool, Dallas Cowboys
Did some searching around and there is nothing recent so decided to make a thread about the best ways to watch AFL online.
I'm keen to get rid of Foxtel because its s**t and murdoch is a campaigner, I only use it for AFL and F1 so its hard to justify the cost when the footy isnt on.

The options I see are the AFL Live Pass but then it says you can only watch that via the app- I assume you can add the app to your desktop or smart TV and stream directly - does anyone know about this?
The other option I see is watchafl.com.au for outside Aus which is no problem and appears to be the same thing but more expensive.
I see fox footy is available with the watchafl one but not sure if its included in the AFL pass.

Thoughts?

Mar 29, 2007
Rand McNally
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Baghdad Bombers
+ 1 Watch AFL, we should have this in Australia ..

I was in the unfortunate position of having to travel to Germany for work over the Grand Final week. I signed up for watchAFL for a weekly pass (EUR 20 - Bargin), it gave me acess to all the foxfooty shows, as well as every game for the year.

Due to over Oktoberfesting on the Friday I didnt watch the GF live (6:30 am start) but was able to watch it on delay.

The qulity was OK, watched on laptop, but there was little to no buffering.

AUD 189 for a season pass, I am really considering signing up to a decent VPN and then signing up for this. If this was made available in Australia bet alot of people would be happy to pay $200 for the year, alot cheaper than paying for FOXTEL Now / Foxtel for one channel.

Tugga27

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 19, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
+ 1 Watch AFL, we should have this in Australia ..

I was in the unfortunate position of having to travel to Germany for work over the Grand Final week. I signed up for watchAFL for a weekly pass (EUR 20 - Bargin), it gave me acess to all the foxfooty shows, as well as every game for the year.

Due to over Oktoberfesting on the Friday I didnt watch the GF live (6:30 am start) but was able to watch it on delay.

The qulity was OK, watched on laptop, but there was little to no buffering.

AUD 189 for a season pass, I am really considering signing up to a decent VPN and then signing up for this. If this was made available in Australia bet alot of people would be happy to pay $200 for the year, alot cheaper than paying for FOXTEL Now / Foxtel for one channel.

You can also get it a fair bit cheaper if you subscribe through one of the AFL clubs.

Jul 12, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Eagles, Lakers, Bayern, Trojans
Back