gbatman

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 26, 2008
Behind You...
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Justice League
What a great acquisition. Plenty of challenges for him. If we keep putting the best people in positions at the club the onfield will follow, we just need to do that and let it happen.

Should sign or at least hire Cripps' running coach. There's a good group who want a tap on the shoulder to go see this guy who aren't anywhere near standard.

Hawks had a lot of players over the years who have played into their 30s and have been injury prone but have become consistent.

dlb99

Club Legend
Sep 14, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
I can't quote it because the thread is now locked, but i posted the below last Wednesday in the Bluemour Discussion thread:

"Yep. And we're also up against the widely accepted 2nd most important man at Hawthorn, fitness expert Andrew Russell. Who just happens to be best friends with Dylan's future father in law Choco.

In the Shiel race, both us and Hawthorn hold aces. I suppose that's why it's 50/50 still on the eve of an announcement."

Isn't it funny how things change? We removed an ace and added it to ours.

Machiavellian level chess move right there.

dlb99

Club Legend
Sep 14, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
View attachment 570487

Silvagni really is an evil genius !!
First he recruits Marchbank Pickett Keneddy Setterfield etc at an injury discounted rate and then brings in Russell to apply the A grade finishing touches ...

Silvagni is the list manager. He would not have been involved here.

This has Brad Lloyd fingerprints all over it.

dlb99

Club Legend
Sep 14, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
It's almost like we're a professional organisation now, could it be true?

Why did it take so long?

We've been in bizarro world since forever. Finally, finally we are competent off-field, and that should translate to on-field soon.

Red Bull

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 29, 2010
mornington peninsula
AFL Club
Carlton
Silvagni is the list manager. He would not have been involved here.

This has Brad Lloyd fingerprints all over it.

3a398deced60ccd0c3d852eefc55c9a8.jpg

Everyone answers to Silvagni ;)

May 1, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton
As many have said, could be the most important acquisition we have made this year
I like how we keep saying this about our off-field appointments.

First, SOS was the most important acquisition we had made, then Bolton, then Agresta, then Liddle, then Lloyd, now Russell. All different kinds of talent across different roles, all from such different places and schools of thought.

As on-field, so too off. I like this.

Edit: shortchanging Brodie a bit here, too!

Nov 13, 2015
In Transit
AFL Club
Carlton
I like how we keep saying this about our off-field appointments.

First, SOS was the most important acquisition we had made, then Bolton, then Agresta, then Liddle, then Lloyd, now Russell. All different kinds of talent across different roles, all from such different places and schools of thought.

As on-field, so too off. I like this.

Interestingly, had a discussion with a 4 time premiership coach, stated the most important people at a football club, in order.....

Recruiting/List Management
Medical/High Performance
Coach/Assistants

We have turned over all 3, in 3 years. Amazing effort!!

Interestingly, had a discussion with a 4 time premiership coach, stated the most important people at a football club, in order.....

Recruiting/List Management
Medical/High Performance
Coach/Assistants

We have turned over all 3, in 3 years. Amazing effort!!

Interesting that Peter Jackson had:

1. President.
2. List Manager
3. Coach.

I believe that's what I heard

Back