Recommitted Zac Smith [re-signed to 2021]

Remove this Banner Ad

Black Haze

Debutant
Oct 24, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
With Rhys Stanley cementing himself as Geelong's number 1 ruck, Zac Smith is now on the outer, and having only played 3 games at AFL level this year, word is he may seek a trade at season's end for more opportunity.

What would Smith be worth at the trade table, given he is contracted until the end of 2019, and what clubs would be interested?

With Rhys Stanley cementing himself as Geelong's number 1 ruck, Zac Smith is now on the outer, and having only played 3 games at AFL level this year, word is he may seek a trade at season's end for more opportunity.

What would Smith be worth at the trade table, given he is contracted until the end of 2019, and what clubs would be interested?

Who needs a ruck? West Coast? Bulldogs?

Given West Coast's plight in the ruck department I would like to think we would be looking at all options.

NN gone for 12 months with the real prospect that he is never the same after two knees having gone.
Lycett not re-signes.
Vardy injury prone.

West Coast need to draft a young up and coming ruckman but as we all know they take 3-5 years to develop , so a stop gap would be a sound idea.

That said would Smith even be interested in moving West. ?

His currency would not be that high maybe a swap of fringe players.

3rd rounder at best I think.

We gave up two picks in the 50s for him.

I'd say he would now be worth one in the 50s.

Would be silly to trade him to GWS or WC though. Better off keeping him for depth than trading him to finals contenders for not much. He is still miles better than Simpson or Vardy so no need to give either team a leg up.

He will be alright next year, had back injuries this year and not the most resilient bloke going around. When fit he is still a decent B minus grade ruck.

Currently Crows bound? 4th rd pick do it for the Cats (or 2019/3 for the contracted overs requirement)?

Currently Crows bound? 4th rd pick do it for the Cats (or 2019/3 for the contracted overs requirement)?
So he's on his way to Adelaide for pick 667. Probably time for the Adelaide media to fire up now about the great steal the crows pulled off.

Was Zac Smith here in Adelaide on Friday for a medial at the Crows?
whats the latest?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think the crows hold a pick at 70? what should get it done if he is on his way here

Was Zac Smith here in Adelaide on Friday for a medial at the Crows?
whats the latest?

No wonder your Club has so many injuries. :eek:

I think the crows hold a pick at 70? what should get it done if he is on his way here
Worth more to Geelong than a pick we won't use.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back