Official Match Thread Season 26 Round 12 - Baghdad Bombers vs Gold City Royals at Abdu Prison

Remove this Banner Ad

Dav

Hotel? Trivago.
10k Posts Koala SFA State of Origin Coney Island Warriors - Sweet F.A. Pantskyle SFA Fight For MND SFA Daffodil Day Fund Raiser Brisbane Dolphins Player - BFFCL BFFCL Club Captain Blue Mountain Bounders Player - BFFCL
Jul 23, 2015
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Brighton, McLaren F1
549488_07efcc59d60711fe2a347061565ef6eb.png 549493_bad8ad5b6c79685a34053667107246f9.png
Season 26 Round 12
Baghdad Bombers vs Gold City Royals

A bottom 4 clash is scheduled at Abdu Prison as we begin the first round of reverse fixtures this week. The Royals, a team that perpetually seem like they're just outside the eight travel to a side on the bottom of the ladder in the Bombers. Don't be fooled by the ladder though, this season is so open that both of these teams' seasons are well and truly alive, so there'll be plenty of play for.

The Round 1 clash between these sides set off a horror run for the Bombers and was a perfect start to Season 26 for a new-look Royals outfit, triumphing in horrible conditions by 57 points. The Bombers score that day, just 2.4 (16), was the lowest in their history and marked the first of 5 consecutive losses. But since Round 5 they've won 3 of 6, and even though they are still 12th, they are within striking distance of the finals and well not forget how the Swamprats went from 1-7 to a Grand Final just mere months ago. The Royals, meanwhile, still have a healthy percentage but 3 losses in the last 5 games reflects poorly on their ability as a side. They hold the psychological advantage over the Bombers after restricting them to just 2 goals the last time they met, but will still need to be at their best to steal a win away from home.

The battle of the midfield is the one to watch this week with 2 of the most in-form players in the competition going head to head. _Cayz_'s performance across the season has been nothing short of outstanding since joining from the Furies but he comes up against Thatsapaddlin mid-purple patch, who backed up 10 tackles and 10 frees for in Round 10 with 14 disposals, 10 tackles and 5 goals against the Wonders last week. Blacky has been thrown around by the Royals coach on a number of occasions this season, with his grip on a maiden Fred Medal slipping, and will be striving for a bag from the goalsquare this week with BEEG down the other end doing the same. KohPhi has settled in well to his new role at half back, whilst RodneyDangerfield's new role as a tagger could prove vital to shutting down the likes of _Cayz_ and Cheval.

Prediction
Royals by 27 points

Captains, please post your official teamsheet by 11:59pm AEDT Thursday.

Morning sportsfans. I look forward to kicking some Royal arse this week.

Hoping to be around a bit more than last week too. Soz Bombers :oops:

Good morning Royals, I hope you enjoy the week of our best hospitality. We'll certainly make you feel like never leaving Gold City ever again.

Also... just a touch confused there kdavva74 - are we playing the Warriors or Royals?

Does posting this at 4:06am have anything to do with the mistaken thread title?

Brilliant ploy by the OP to call us warriors to keep us out of the thread.

Hi bombers, feel for us, we just came of a week with the dragons.

I know right?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Double bye week?
b9B4gkX.jpg

Playing the lemons mate...it will be bye bye and see you in the finals;)

I'll feel sorry for you after we get the 4 points this weekend. Deal?
I didn't say feel sorry for us, I said feel for us. (I have a camera planted in the change rooms, and need the money I'd get from the harassment case with the footage.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back