Official Match Thread Season 26 Round 12 - Mount Buller Demons vs Gumbies FFC at Snow Dome

Remove this Banner Ad

Dav

Hotel? Trivago.
10k Posts Koala SFA State of Origin Coney Island Warriors - Sweet F.A. Pantskyle SFA Fight For MND SFA Daffodil Day Fund Raiser Brisbane Dolphins Player - BFFCL BFFCL Club Captain Blue Mountain Bounders Player - BFFCL
Jul 23, 2015
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Brighton, McLaren F1
549496_69366ccb1c412912ef402548a0a180df.png 549494_fb0f69985eb422731b8515f7f88a40aa.png
Season 26 Round 12
Mount Buller Demons vs Gumbies FFC
MATCH OF THE ROUND
Match of the Round should be an absolute corker with 2 teams locked on 8 wins being hosted up at the Snow Dome. The Gumbies have already had 4 points docked for an incorrect teamsheet submission, and are essentially playing catch-up to the Demons despite being on the same amount of wins. The Demons, meanwhile, are unequivocally the in-form team of the competition, with 5 wins on the trot, and have the opportunity to hit top spot with a win this weekend.

The Demons won by just 15 points back in Round 1 and these teams have looked hard to split for the majority of the season. The Gumbies have had a number of posters start their careers at or move directly from the Demons, so there's a bit of familiarity there. Mount Buller have won the last 5 on the trot, storming into the top 5, whilst the Gumbies' recent form is also on the up despite some off-field issues in recent weeks.

The Demons have had a wide array of contributors in their brilliant run to the top 4, with some eye-catching performances from their half forward line in particular, comprised of cats2rise, cooney and sausageroll. Tarkyn_24's tackling prowess sees him feared across the league, whilst a mid-season swap of positions between ABray10 and FinBar19 has been a win-win situation - the former picking up 2 Team of the Week nominations at CHB and the latter kicking 14 goals in the last 2 games. For the Gumbies, their followers have been their best, with roo2macca one of the league's best backmen and BRAB looking at back to back All-SFA selections. Jivlain has slowed down at full forward but is always a valuable contributor. Veteran and club legend StFly has experienced somewhat of a revival in form on a wing and was BOG in their victory last week with 23 disposals, 5 marks, 5 tackles and a goal.

Prediction
Demons by 8 points

Captains, please post your official teamsheet by 11:59pm AEDT Thursday.

I go away for a couple of weeks and I am a CHB now. Seems to be working for me.
Headless stayed away for years and then suddenly had the respect of his peers.

The world works in mysterious ways.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Unfortunately for you Gumby backsides are steely as a wombat's rump.

Looking forward to seeing you limping around the field on Sunday
I’ll figure out a plan then! I won’t be limping I’ll be flying through the packs

Remove this Banner Ad

Back