Official Match Thread Season 26 Round 12 - Fighting Furies vs Sin City Swamprats at rfctigerarmy's hippodrome

Remove this Banner Ad

Dav

Hotel? Trivago.
10k Posts Koala SFA State of Origin Coney Island Warriors - Sweet F.A. Pantskyle SFA Fight For MND SFA Daffodil Day Fund Raiser Brisbane Dolphins Player - BFFCL BFFCL Club Captain Blue Mountain Bounders Player - BFFCL
Jul 23, 2015
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Brighton, McLaren F1
549492_66760ca5089d47e0da78fbb24f104cbf.png 549498_5b9c32c79d3a4e1fb858e163dec95e24.png
Season 26 Round 12

Fighting Furies vs Sin City Swamprats
It was one of the biggest match threads of the season back in Round 1 and it's evident these clubs love to come up against eachother. The Furies are in the drivers' seat for this one at home and are within striking distance of the top 4. But the Swamprats are as resilient as they come, and coming off a win on the road to Vegas, will be confident of nabbing an upset.

The Furies won by 26 points in the Round 1 clash and have had a far better run of form thus far. At one point they sat 4-2 and looked like being the Warriors' biggest challengers at the top of the table. 5 rounds later and they sit in 5th, with percentage putting them behind the Bears. They do have the second best defence in the competition though, making up for a lacklustre forward line. The Swamprats meanwhile have shown they can score like a top 8 side, but concede like a bottom 4 side as well, and sit in 10th albeit with a healthy percentage of 94. They've won 2 of their last 5, including holding off the rampaging Bears last week, and could conceivably rise into the top 8 with a win this weekend.

The Furies have been led admirably on-field by NaturalDisaster, full back in the second best defence in the league, as well as his vice captain TJASTA who lines up in the midfield. Tigerturbulance has been one of the league's better ruckmen and This Is Anfield one of the better wingers, with OES and Hate also solid contributors at this stage. For the Swamprats, Ant Bear continues to battle from ruck rover and will be impressed with the form of some of his charges, including young SarahSmiles and Nunez. Kirkswan has proven an astute mid-season trade whilst sportsmaniac89 had a career best performance in the ruck last week with 16 hitouts and 30 disposals.

Prediction
Furies by 21 points

Captains, please post your official teamsheet by 11:59pm AEDT Thursday.

Oh it’s the swampbrabs... So many questions to be answered this week such as:

- Are the swampies too s**t for a flag? Was last season a fluke?
- Has Ant Bear taken that giant stick out of his arse yet?
- Has SarahSmiles turned 15 yet?
- Is sportsmaniac89 still a melty squib?
- Is philreich still lamer than Dave Hughes?

Oh it’s the swampbrabs... So many questions to be answered this week such as:

- Are the swampies too s**t for a flag? Was last season a fluke?
- Has Ant Bear taken that giant stick out of his arse yet?
- Has SarahSmiles turned 15 yet?
- Is sportsmaniac89 still a melty squib?
- Is philreich still lamer than Dave Hughes?

- no
- no
- on par with you
- no, he's now at The Footy Show levels

One good turn deserves another - this mob knocked us off at home in round 1, so it only seems fair that we return the favour on their dung hill this week!!!

Dude, it's so cute you think this :)

Go for it lil fella :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hi Furies,

I can't believe it's been 3 months since I joined the SFA, debuting against your lot in what was a forgettable game.

Thankfully, I've learned a thing or two since then, and to celebrate this milestone I thought I'd share some of what I've learned with you all:

• Ant Bear should be sacked
  • The Demons are by far the most boring team in the SFA
  • BRAB will request a trade to the Swamprats
  • kdavva74 won't win the EKA
  • SarahSmiles is the PG version of a Chelsea Smile
  • NaturalDisaster is a s**t captain
  • Tigerturbulance loves a good utensil n balls
  • I Dont Care is an alcoholic but is a good bloke, especially as he's clocking up his 100th game in rats colours.

I could go on and on.

Good luck this week Furies, I won't be holding back. :)

Hi Furies,

I can't believe it's been 3 months since I joined the SFA, debuting against your lot in what was a forgettable game.

Thankfully, I've learned a thing or two since then, and to celebrate this milestone I thought I'd share some of what I've learned with you all:

• Ant Bear should be sacked
  • The Demons are by far the most boring team in the SFA
  • BRAB will request a trade to the Swamprats
  • kdavva74 won't win the EKA
  • SarahSmiles is the PG version of a Chelsea Smile
  • NaturalDisaster is a s**t captain
  • Tigerturbulance loves a good utensil n balls
  • I Dont Care is an alcoholic but is a good bloke, especially as he's clocking up his 100th game in rats colours.

I could go on and on.

Good luck this week Furies, I won't be holding back. :)
pfff, you have learned jack s**t hotshot

pfff, you have learned jack s**t hotshot

Speaking of jackshit, how are you TJASTA ? I'm glad you can appreciate that I'm a hotshot now. Honestly, I couldn't be as good as I am without posters like you slowly falling into obscurity. I appreciate you! :)

Speaking of jackshit, how are you TJASTA ? I'm glad you can appreciate that I'm a hotshot now. Honestly, I couldn't be as good as I am without posters like you slowly falling into obscurity. I appreciate you! :)
"slowly falling into obscurity" mate i am the league :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back