Official Match Thread Season 26 Round 12 - East Side Hawks vs Roys FFC at Waverley Park

Dav

Hotel? Trivago.
10k Posts Koala SFA State of Origin Coney Island Warriors - Sweet F.A. Pantskyle SFA Fight For MND SFA Daffodil Day Fund Raiser Brisbane Dolphins Player - BFFCL BFFCL Club Captain Blue Mountain Bounders Player - BFFCL
Jul 23, 2015
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Brighton, McLaren F1
549491_c04b39a2b650f9a07e7be0bc9d4a4888.png
549497_8fa38e381be26d012da0e105a1ccfc40.png

Season 26 Round 12

East Side Hawks vs Roys FFC
The powerhouse posting club of the competition comes up against the defending premiers in a match with both participants trying to consolidate their positions in the top 8. It will be a hard game to split, with their Round 1 clash being so close and at BJO, but a win for either side would be valuable insurance in a tight race for finals.

The reverse fixture in Round 1 was Match of the Round and lived up to its billing, with the Roys edging it by 4 points after Noobz0r missed a running shot at goal in the dying seconds. The clubs are both sitting at 5-6, with the Roys' percentage of 99.91 superior to East Side's 96.86, but their recent form is anything but similar. The Hawks are somewhat in-form, winning 3 of their last 5 and their last two in a row, whilst the Roys have experienced a downward spiral after once being in the top 2 for several weeks. 1 win from the last 5 reflects their current form so on paper they go in as fairly heavy underdogs at Waverley Park.

por_please_ya is coming off a great game in defence and midfield for the Hawks and there's been plenty of support for her from the likes of Agent93, The Jesus and spookism. After a shaky start, Noobz0r has settled in well at full forward, but arguably their best has been half back The Half Back. For the Roys, Mooch has won games off his own boot on multiple occasions from full forward but they rely on consistent contributions from the likes of TedDougChris, Broken and 3KZ is Football.

Prediction
Hawks by 39 points

Captains, please post your official teamsheet by 11:59pm AEDT Thursday.

Last edited:
For the Roys, Mobbs has won games off his own boot on multiple occasions from full forward ...

I won some games off my own boot many seasons ago when I had a rare stint at full-forward, but this time I think you meant to type Mooch.

Sneaky *en effort posting at 4 in the morning. You slimebucket sneaking around the forum in the still of the night! Fortunately as I play for the Roys, I must therefore be very old and - apparently as the completely unfathomable trope goes - in bed early. Go on, explain it, you nightcrawler.

Also, I am looking forward to the trip out to Waverley Park to meet the Hawks for a hit-out. They're a pretty consistently performing team over the seasons they've been in the top flight, and we rarely walk away unscathed. I remember a time, many yonks back, when we were traveling well, had the usual hiccups, then snuck into the finals at the eleventh hour. Then Eastside beat us by about 130 points in the Elimination Final. That still rankles.

I am not sure of the personnel these days. I won't tag anyone in case they've moved elsewhere and it causes a kerfuffle. I will say that I am glad to be able to represent the Roys club in a pervyy fashion, kicking off proceedings and surprising even myself with a sparrow's fart visit to this thread while it is still relatively pristine and unsullied. I never come when you want me but I'm right on time. Well, in my case it's more like I never come when you want me because I have a disorder.

The gorillas are traveling well, if our goal was to be essentially inches from lifeless by the end of the season. We would like to turn that around, and the Hawks are welcome to be a part of the upcoming revival.

I will bring some footage from Sweet sometime in the next few days, assuming the server doesn't s**t itself again like it did last week.

Last edited:

Dav

Hotel? Trivago.
10k Posts Koala SFA State of Origin Coney Island Warriors - Sweet F.A. Pantskyle SFA Fight For MND SFA Daffodil Day Fund Raiser Brisbane Dolphins Player - BFFCL BFFCL Club Captain Blue Mountain Bounders Player - BFFCL
Jul 23, 2015
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Brighton, McLaren F1
Jul 26, 2007
The Tree
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Arsenal, Coney Island Warriors
Jul 26, 2007
The Tree
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
While I'm here I should activate the Reardo signal

SHF7OqL.png

I wouldn't normally consider you a hypocrite Broken but having a SmokeFree reference with an image of peak Selleck is pretty close.

Sep 10, 2010
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Toronto Maple Leafs
with the Roys edging it by 4 points after Noobz0r missed a running shot at goal in the dying seconds.
I'm glad you brought this up. The time for atonement is at hand Noobz0r. Nothing else matters than repaying the faith shown in you in round 1, in this particular week.

No pressure mate.

Jul 26, 2007
The Tree
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
I'm glad you brought this up. The time for atonement is at hand Noobz0r. Nothing else matters than repaying the faith shown in you in round 1, in this particular week.

No pressure mate.

Ha ha. "At hand".

Because of how he should have handballed it off to me.

No pressure mate.
Oh God.

Sep 10, 2010
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Toronto Maple Leafs
You only need to be in the top 66% of things here to make the cut because the place panders to snowflakes.
Aye, nothing like the red hot thrill of a top-2 finals series. Bottom 10 are weaklings, not fit for licking the boots of the glorious.

Aye, nothing like the red hot thrill of a top-2 finals series. Bottom 10 are weaklings, not fit for licking the boots of the glorious.
I think a final 5 is a solid maximum.

It bemuses everyone how premiers sometimes win from 5th, 6th, etc. A bit of a running theme ... "don't finish first or second because they never win flags".

So ... give them only 2 or 3 opponents in the final series! Seriously, how hard can this be? If you are minor premiers you should be able to hit the finals feeling that you are well placed if for no other reason than that there simply aren't many other teams left that are even permitted a shot at them.

Additional advantages include clearing out the competition of the trash who have too small an attention span to stick around and find a way to be useful if half their season is spent knowing they won't be playing finals. Just leaves mostly proactives and removes the majority of spammers and shitposters.

Hello Roys, long time, no see.
Hi ... not really that long ... :)

Sep 10, 2010
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Toronto Maple Leafs
Additional advantages include clearing out the competition of the trash who have too small an attention span to stick around and find a way to be useful if half their season is spent knowing they won't be playing finals. Just leaves mostly proactives and removes the majority of spammers and shitposters.
Are you arguing for league contraction? Interesting, tell me more.

Back