Docklands Stadium (Marvel Stadium) - Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Took some snaps from work

upload_2018-10-9_17-33-34.jpeg
95440024-943C-484B-94DD-B74AAE2D9706.jpeg

They were flashing the logo around the boundary and 2nd level earlier but I missed it.

On the way home today I saw the "stadium" was completed on the eastern sign, but the "marvel" was simply an "el", when I thought how Spanish speaking people would like "El Stadium"

A red paint job on the teal parts of the stadium would look nice with the signage.

That and red seats too.
One of the concept images had them painting a wing red with marvel in white on some seats, much like the four n twenty bit.

One of the concept images had them painting a wing red with marvel in white on some seats, much like the four n twenty bit.
Wonder whether that would be with seat covers or something more permenant given it's not just for footy season.

Wonder whether that would be with seat covers or something more permenant given it's not just for footy season.
The four n twenty one is done with seat covers and stays all year round. It would probably be done the same way as it won’t always be called Marvel Stadium.

The four n twenty one is done with seat covers and stays all year round. It would probably be done the same way as it won’t always be called Marvel Stadium.
I didn't think the Four'N'Twenty was there for Big Bash. Even so, they most probably have a shorter deal which would make the cost of replacing the seats less of a constraint.

I didn't think the Four'N'Twenty was there for Big Bash. Even so, they most probably have a shorter deal which would make the cost of replacing the seats less of a constraint.
It definitely was, because I sat there for one of the games (I think vs the Heat) and ripped off a seat cover.

Has anyone sat on the floor seats for a band at Etihad–uh, Marvel?

Going to see Taylor Swift and three of us have tickets but all that was left was singles, so we got one and then another directly in front and then another seat two rows after (so like rows A, B, D). We're all in the same zone (which I guess is akin to a bay in the stands).

Obviously we want to stand together and everyone probably will but has anyone had dramas with security?

Are there ones for every 'zone' and are they complete power-trippers or do they really not give a s**t so long as you're in the right area. I'm guessing it'll mostly be 21-year old ushers working for a hire company anyway so doubt they'd try too hard to enforce it. I've done that work before and all you care about is the aisles being free as a fire precaution thing.

So yeah, if you're all in the right area and where your tickets say you should be, is it easy to just stand up and watch a show? I don't really go to massive pop concerts.

Cheers.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Inside nothing much has changed. Marvel stadium stuff where the etihad stuff was.
The Telstra dome era signage above each aisle remains
Strange, I don’t recall seeing Telstra Dome signage in there. Do you have a picture?
My guess is it’s there because they pulled down the Etihad stuff and that was underneath and they’ll probably cover it with Marvel stuff.
Side question: how are you able to go into Marvel Stadium?

Strange, I don’t recall seeing Telstra Dome signage in there. Do you have a picture?
My guess is it’s there because they pulled down the Etihad stuff and that was underneath and they’ll probably cover it with Marvel stuff.

Victory v City tonight :)

kEkYUxg.jpg

This signage above the aisles is when it was Telstra dome.
It was never changed during the etihad era.

The text for the anti social number at the lockett end is still etihad font as well.
The signage above the clocks and scoreboards are the only big changes.

This is the signage on the concourse
rTEESAV.jpg

And yea it Melbourne Victory vs Melbourne city.

Last edited:
kEkYUxg.jpg

The text for the anti social number at the lockett end is still etihad font as well.

rTEESAV.jpg

The aisle numbers weren't branded in any way so there's no reason for it to change.

I'd say anything major-new will be there in time for the AFL. They couldn't start things going in until the start date so it's basics first.

Victory v City tonight :)
That’s true, although he posted similar in mid-October when the game wasn’t on, although I did forget about that game, thought it was at AAMI.
kEkYUxg.jpg

rTEESAV.jpg

Oh those ones. They are a bit old can could do with a change, but it’s no big deal IMO. New concourse signs looks good though.

kEkYUxg.jpg

rTEESAV.jpg

That’s actually been the branding for the aisles since day 1. They looked like that in the Colonial Stadium days too

I had noticed on Thursday night that there are new glass barriers similar to those found at stadiums/grandstands built post 2008 in front of the standing room areas on level 3 beneath the video screens, the formerly named Diamond Club and what I believe are match day stadium offices (someone able to confirm that?). Also the Yellow seat covers on level 1 at the Coventry end have been removed, most likely just for the Big Bash games and there's also a new grey background on the LED banners for the cricket scoreboards instead of the MCG black background

Also the Yellow seat covers on level 1 at the Coventry end have been removed, most likely just for the Big Bash games

I think they were left off after the round one A-League derby. Certianly they were gone for the round 6 Victory-Wanderers game. Last season the few active supporters that were sitting in that stand pulled them off and threw them in the air during celebrations. It happened again in this years derby, but the active supporters are back in bigger numbers this season so there was a whole lot more pulled off. I’m pretty sure each cover has the individual seat number on it which would make it an absolute pain to sort out and put back each time, only for them to get pulled off again each game, so I just figured they thought it was easier to leave them off for the summer.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back