Sep 21, 2002
Adelaide
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Norwood
View attachment 537764

He who laughs last.

Days like today remind me how much shame Kevin Sheedy carries into every room he enters.

It wasn't just this, he mentored James Hird as well.

I hope he enjoyed the game today, watching that stain of a club get snuffed once more, before the real business starts.

I remember that time like it was yesterday, and it still leaves a nasty taste in my mouth. Every time I hear praise for Sheedy as one of the greats of the game, I want to vomit. The great Sheedy, the man who invented aboriginal footballers, the man who invented football on Anzac Day .... give me a break.

How this despicable person can just openly slander the good name and reputation of the Hawthorn Football Club, all in the name of cheap point scoring in the finals, was disgusting, and I cannot believe he was allowed to get away with it. No apology, nothing. It was such an "Essendon" thing to do.

I'll never forget the time, as coach of Victoria, he took it upon himself to play 4 interchange players on the bench instead of the allowable 3. I remember him flaunting it by getting 4 players to run together up and down the boundary line. Didn't care when after the game Victoria got disqualified and the match awarded to SA. That's Sheedy. It's all about him.

It's not ironic Essendon were caught red handed in the drugs scandal. Who was genuinely surprised (except Hird who was shocked to be sitting there) when they announced it was Essendon? They have always been a law unto themselves, done what they want to do and to hell with the rest. That's been their charter since the Sheedy days. I still remember how they coerced Brisbane Lions' Mal Michael to retire and then picked him up in the draft. Totally dishonest, but somehow Essendon were allowed to get away with it.

And then, after putting in two feeble years involved in the setting up of GWS, they award him Life Membership of the club. Life Membership after 2 measly years. What about all the other people involved for those 2 years, what did they get? For someone such as myself who had to serve 25 years as a player, board member and volunteer for my cricket club before being awarded Life Membership, the Sheedy decision turns the whole concept into a joke.

And that is what Sheedy is, a joke. A fraud. He must sit there, totally disbelieving that the football world has gobbled up his bullshit like popcorn over the years and not seen him for what he is.

Last edited:
* fan at my work just asked if I would ever switch clubs and started throwing up hypotheticals.

Did not like my response of 'well maybe if my club implemented a systematic drug cheating regime'.

* fan at my work just asked if I would ever switch clubs and started throwing up hypotheticals.

Did not like my response of 'well maybe if my club implemented a systematic drug cheating regime'.
Sterling response.

Oh dear.
3 grams of MDMA is classified as trafficable.

Old mate Donger was found with 134.6g of MDMA.
0.1g of ice.
A separate 31.9g of ice.
5.5 Xanax tablets.
1 LSD tablet.
4 more Xanax tablets.
Another 1.33g of MDMA.
Electronic scales.
A quantity of resealable plastic bags.
A bunch of handwritten notes outlining large money transactions, presumable cash.

Jul 3, 2016
AFL Club
Hawthorn
My favourite quote from the judge:

“It’s for a court to decide, I can’t say the evidence is weak.

“It’s not a case that I could say is weak and has no basis.”

Sent from my RNE-L02 using Tapatalk

Im saying suspended sentence with fines and community service order

Firstly, suspended sentences are abolished in Victoria so it can not be that.
It will depend on how this resolves (presuming a guilty result), whether by trial or plea deal.

If he is found guilty at trial he will be getting a prison sentence, 1-3 years (a purely educated guess based on the information we have been exposed to in the media, granted not the best set of facts to have an estimate on).

If he pleads out to a favourable summary before going to trial he may well find himself in the ultimately fortunate position to get a CCO (Community corrections order) with fairly strict conditions attached. He may well get a combination of both jail and CCO. Its really too difficult to tell and theres a lot more to play out.

Of course theres always the chance he is going to be found not guilty at trial.

Few things are certain though:
1. The charges are serious
2. Obviously the charges gravity can vary.. for example 50 grams of coke or 150 grams (same charge, different gravity) These are mid-range for those charges
3. He is likely looking at jail if things don't go his way

Last edited:
My favourite quote from the judge:

“It’s for a court to decide, I can’t say the evidence is weak.

“It’s not a case that I could say is weak and has no basis.”

Sent from my RNE-L02 using Tapatalk

The magistrate is just saying its not weak, it doesn't necessarily follow that its strong. Between "weak" and "strong" are a lot of variables.

Aug 19, 2013
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal
Oh dear.
3 grams of MDMA is classified as trafficable.

Old mate Donger was found with 134.6g of MDMA.
0.1g of ice.
A separate 31.9g of ice.
5.5 Xanax tablets.
1 LSD tablet.
4 more Xanax tablets.
Another 1.33g of MDMA.
Electronic scales.
A quantity of resealable plastic bags.
A bunch of handwritten notes outlining large money transactions, presumable cash.
One LSD tablet wow, like the other s**t wasn't enough. I've always liked bomber thompson is that bad? Sorry guys. Still hate Essendon of course :)

I watched an interview with Bomber few years back right after he came back to Essendon. He was asked something like, what's the big difference between Geelong and Essendon. He turned around and said something like "Essendon just aren't that good" in regards to Essendon's program. Hahahaha. It was hilarious because it was true. Since that day Bomber was ok with me, drugs or no drugs. Respect

One LSD tablet wow, like the other s**t wasn't enough. I've always liked bomber thompson is that bad? Sorry guys. Still hate Essendon of course :)

I watched an interview with Bomber few years back right after he came back to Essendon. He was asked something like, what's the big difference between Geelong and Essendon. He turned around and said something like "Essendon just aren't that good" in regards to Essendon's program. Hahahaha. It was hilarious because it was true. Since that day Bomber was ok with me, drugs or no drugs. Respect

It may have been only one tablet, but his bail conditions included that he would not use drugs while on bail. If he’s caught with one LSD tablet, he has breached bail, and can be locked up until his trial.

That would be sad!

Aug 19, 2013
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal
It may have been only one tablet, but his bail conditions included that he would not use drugs while on bail. If he’s caught with one LSD tablet, he has breached bail, and can be locked up until his trial.

That would be sad!
Oh I wasn't downplaying that it was just a tablet. I was amused that amongst all the other s**t that was found there was also an LSD tablet. Bomber was obviously in a bad place mentally. We all know he will get off light, being moderately rich. Unless the judge is a Hawks man, he might get life.

43473507_10156697300573622_7959119087240478720_n.jpg

So I found this book...

Back