Current Keli Lane

Did Keli Lane get a fair trial?

• Yes

Votes: 4 21.1%
  • No

Votes: 15 78.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

As soon as Kelli gets confronted with a tough question, she reacts like a guilty person. I would love for the girl to be alive, but now I highly doubt it.

The 1 thing I just can't get passed is if she didnt kill the baby why is she lying about what she really did. What can be worse than murder.

After seeing the last episode what do you think? Has it changed your mind on anything?

Not really. It sounds like she had a shithouse, ineffectual defence team, but it’s hard to know what to make of it.

I still have the same opinion, ultimately... I think she dumped the baby somewhere alive (I’ve no idea where) and that harm has come to her (exposure? Animal? Who knows). No body is strange but not implausible. If a body did show up she’d just have blamed “Andrew”.

She’s justified in her head that she didn’t murder her which is driving her behaviour. And in that scenario, I guess she didn’t.

But I don’t buy her story about the dad, not for a second. If he shows up I’ll be shocked... some will point to conspiracies as to why that is (the “journalists” are setting it up for that), I think most likely is he just doesn’t exist.

Not really. It sounds like she had a shithouse, ineffectual defence team, but it’s hard to know what to make of it.

There was no defence. imo.

But I don’t buy her story about the dad, not for a second. If he shows up I’ll be shocked... some will point to conspiracies as to why that is (the “journalists” are setting it up for that), I think most likely is he just doesn’t exist.

Someone was paying her way. She didn't touch her bank accounts for the last five months of the pregnancy.

After seeing the last episode what do you think? Has it changed your mind on anything?

Prosecution was even more dodgy than I thought. Plus all from the DPP came across as dead set weirdos. Especially the Deputy head who made that crack about Lane been a danger to men. Just had a creepy vibe about it. She really had no defense. Even the judge tried to help and they were too thick to take the hint. Then refusing to be interviewed (which is fine but their reaction is off). I think there was enough doubt that the verdict should've been Not Guilty. (Ideally the investigation would've been more thorough and unbiased and charges laid only after every alternative was exhausted.

As soon as Kelli gets confronted with a tough question, she reacts like a guilty person. I would love for the girl to be alive, but now I highly doubt it.

The 1 thing I just can't get passed is if she didnt kill the baby why is she lying about what she really did. What can be worse than murder.

This. Through the show some of her story (on the show at least) is consistent except this Andrew Norris. Granted IF he exists it clearly is not his real name but the story around him is just off. Did she have a mobile? How did she communicate with him? What was his phone number? Who was it registered to? Who is his GF who took part in the hand over? Other problem is if the baby is alive she will not be known as Tegan and have different birth dates/identity. Easiest way to search is run a trace through Births, Deaths and Marriages of who applied for new paperwork (Birth Certificate, Passport, Medicare) in the year 96-97. Just going through school registrations and searching the name Andrew Norris is a dead end as they would've got new IDs by now.

Slight correction: that’s not “why he was found”... he was brought as a witness by the prosecution, but never took the stand... Keli’s defence team negotiated that he wouldn’t testify, in exchange for Keli’s friend not testifying that she had an affair with an “Andrew”.

This negotiation between prosecution and defence is ugly stuff.

This too many deals like this get done and the truth gets lost in the muck/contest. The friend should've been heard and the guy was as dodgy as. It was clear he was pissed and had no idea who he'd banged.

The false swearing charges, no objection by the defence. The tendency evidence, no objection by the defence. An incomplete investigation where boxes of evidence kept rolling in through the trial, no objection by the defence. Not ONE witness called for the defence. Over seventy for the prosecution.

What defence?

As an ex cop one might think her lawyer could have had a bit more ... something something something. I wonder where she got him from.

If the male involved is high profile and the baby is still alive (or handed over alive) I still cant understand in what universe you spend time in jail when giving a name gets you out.

If threats have been made to your life to keep you quiet then use the tv crew to say something

This too many deals like this get done and the truth gets lost in the muck/contest. The friend should've been heard and the guy was as dodgy as. It was clear he was pissed and had no idea who he'd banged.

I don't know, not necessarily. Last night was made to look like that but he was led in the journo's questioning to admit he couldn't be sure. There wasn't much in his original statement to suggest he was unsure, as much as they tried to present it that way.

Original interview with police, Keli: "The father is Andrew Morris and I gave the baby to him."

He just happened to have the same first name and surname of this other Andrew Morris who said he'd had sex with Keli a couple of years earlier?

She's changed it to Andrew Norris later when things got more serious and she knew cops would easily find the original Andrew Morris, so she's changed her story to it being somebody else.

For me: she had sex with Andrew Morris at the beach like he said, she knew who he was.

She was under pressure in her first interview and had to pull out a name for the imaginary father, and that's one that came to mind, so she went with it.

If the male involved is high profile and the baby is still alive (or handed over alive) I still cant understand in what universe you spend time in jail when giving a name gets you out.

She was only twenty one years old and at not much older than that when her phone was tapped you can hear how stubborn and tough she is talking about them searching a property. "I don't give a f***, they can dig all the way to f***** China".

The false swearing charges, no objection by the defence. The tendency evidence, no objection by the defence. An incomplete investigation where boxes of evidence kept rolling in through the trial, no objection by the defence. Not ONE witness called for the defence. Over seventy for the prosecution.

What defence?

As an ex cop one might think her lawyer could have had a bit more ... something something something. I wonder where she got him from.

There seemed to be plenty of mistakes by the defence team but I'm not sure it's accurate that they presented Keli not testifying as a mistake.

Imagine her being cross-examined! She's told of lies that have been documented. The prosecution would have tripped her up in 2 minutes.

There seemed to be plenty of mistakes by the defence team but I'm not sure it's accurate that they presented Keli not testifying as a mistake.

Imagine her being cross-examined! She's told of lies that have been documented. The prosecution would have tripped her up in 2 minutes.

Agree with that although she could have made an unsworn statement from the dock without subjecting herself to cross and lacking any other witnesses for the defence, that may not have been a bad idea.

Not one for the defence Bunk.

Agree with that although she could have made an unsworn statement from the dock without subjecting herself to cross and lacking any other witnesses for the defence, that may not have been a bad idea.

Not one for the defence Bunk.

True.

How about the solicitor just flat hanging up on her? (I assume he did and it wasn't just edited to look like that)

Methinks they have a good idea of what a shocking job they did.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Really need to focus on the 2-3 hours from when she left the hospital.

She wont say because imo it won't reflect well on her and lead to more questions. She went shopping. Only 21yo and she had cash, at least $500 (in 1996) she paid for a Country Road suit to wear to the wedding. The only one she could find that fit and covered her belly in the time she had, was a risky white.

Investigators could quite easily imo have found out where she got that suit from. Myers or David Jones, never seen them anywhere else in Sydney and their record keeping is great.

She was only twenty one years old and at not much older than that when her phone was tapped you can hear how stubborn and tough she is talking about them searching a property. "I don't give a f***, they can dig all the way to f***** China".

I didn't think much of that myself. Only that she didn't bury the baby at that property. I didn't think it proved much else.

An apology from White Ribbon Australia's Chair pffft and former head of the DPP Nicholas Cowdery who prioritised prosecuting Lane and who said Keli was only a danger to virile young males.

White Ribbon Australia’s Chair, Nicholas Cowdery AM QC, acknowledges that his comments and response to questions about Keli Lane on ABC documentary Exposed were not respectful, and he apologises.

Mr Cowdery supports the need for every person to be mindful of the language that they use and the meaning it can have.

Mr Cowdery agrees that in the instance of the ABC documentary he did not express himself well, and that he is accountable for his actions.

White Ribbon Australia supports the concerted effort that is needed to consciously change societies’ use of respectful language to promote equality, respect and inclusion of women everywhere.

https://www.whiteribbon.org.au/2018...or-the-language-we-use-and-the-impact-it-has/

Caro Meldrum-Hanna hasn't finished investigating & will be doing some follow up programmes.

There is an ExposedABC facebook page which is getting swamped with reactions.

Caro Meldrum-Hanna hasn't finished investigating & will be doing some follow up programmes.

There is an ExposedABC facebook page which is getting swamped with reactions.

So busy they've closed the group and made it private. Seems the last episode swung a heap of people over, I wasn't seeing it so much until last night.

I don't know, not necessarily. Last night was made to look like that but he was led in the journo's questioning to admit he couldn't be sure. There wasn't much in his original statement to suggest he was unsure, as much as they tried to present it that way.

Original interview with police, Keli: "The father is Andrew Morris and I gave the baby to him."

He just happened to have the same first name and surname of this other Andrew Morris who said he'd had sex with Keli a couple of years earlier?

She's changed it to Andrew Norris later when things got more serious and she knew cops would easily find the original Andrew Morris, so she's changed her story to it being somebody else.

For me: she had sex with Andrew Morris at the beach like he said, she knew who he was.

She was under pressure in her first interview and had to pull out a name for the imaginary father, and that's one that came to mind, so she went with it.
I think you nailed that. I didn't watch the first two episodes and caught some of the last one.

What surprised me was when they asked Keli abut the Name Andrew Morris and she seemed to tell them to get fked and hung up. Then it cut to ... she was on the phone again saying well I know his first name was Andrew and last name not Morris or Norris, just sure the name was Andrew!!

WTF. Had they rang her off camera and said all we need is for you to say I can be only certain his name was Andrew, then recorded it?? Couldn't get any worse example of coaching or leading questions.

Wow..

Just caught up with the most recent episode
What a schmozle of a trial... And the lack of vigorous defence.

The change in statement by the midwife on the time keli lane was released and the trip time to the wedding is a major issue for me..

Tedeschi doesn't present as honest

If threats have been made to your life to keep you quiet then use the tv crew to say something
Unless that name of the "daddy" she gave the baby to was not the baby's daddy, and it would be worse for her family if she did tell the truth ??

Then she could quite correctly say she did not murder Tegan and has no idea where she was buried and she handed the baby to the daddy. The "daddy" in question did not say anything until 2016 when interviewed “As far as Sandra and I are concerned, we won’t believe that Tegan is dead until there is a body,” says Robert. “And to date, there has neither been a body produced nor any credible motive."
https://www.nowtolove.com.au/celebr...e-keli-lanes-parents-break-their-silence-9942

I think it's very unlikely for Keli to be living at home and to be able to conceal her pregnancy from her Dad, a smart accomplished man, coach and cop. Some photos it doesn't look much like she was pregnant but if living at home and in t shirts etc very unlikely it would be missed. She looked pregnant to me in the photo shown on the programme.

upload_2018-10-10_20-21-46.png

The change in statement by the midwife on the time keli lane was released and the trip time to the wedding is a major issue for me..

Speaking of the midwife, all that's needed to register a baby and there's 60 days from birth to do it (may vary from state to state), is get a midwife to sign off on it. Pick a date but make it outside of the real birth date. She's become invisible as Tegan. That's just one way.

Back