FTA-TV Australian Survivor - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where are the reunions filmed The Smaller Warrior (assuming Sydney) and can you get us invites to next year. We are hard core fans and deserve it.

Except for C1 and DL.
:(

nn2qe9.jpg

Probably an outlier here but didn't mind the outcome. It was Sharn's to lose and she lost it. Not saying it was deserved, some of those reasons were pretty flimsy but I think Shane did work personalities as well as anyone, perhaps with the exception of Monika.

It was a bit disappointing the way Brian lost the challenge, would have preferred it to go 4+ hours, suspect that the result would have been the same.

It terms of Sharn picking Shane, it was always going to happen but I think it stunted Sharn's potential for having a real go on the pitch to the jury. If she was against Brian, she wouldn't have held back. But because she was going against a 'friend' she seemed to hold off and got flustered by a straightforward question.

Plenty to dislike about Benji but he made the game very entertaining and probably the only real player. Thought Mat was good value, think he's a great guy but also that people are overrating his gameplay. Don't have any problem with Steve but if you don't talk to anyone, I don't see how you're going to get top 5 or higher with that approach.

They really stuffed it with the casting. Nowhere near enough villains. I think the Champions were selected and then they realised they needed to bulk up the Contenders who would get smashed and ended up with too much of the same. Then they doubled down and made a tonne of truly physical challenges to suit, needed heaps more puzzles.

Would have loved to have seen more of Steve, someone with an actual point of difference, but you cast him in a tribe with 11 other Caucasians with literally zero in common and he was always likely to be gone early (would have been first night if not for Matt's hilarious implosion).

Champions had too many sport/fitness background types. Would think there's a bunch of laid of journos who would be a cracking fit for a next season (I know he's working but surely RoCo would be must-watch), geez imagine Caroline Wilson. Grab an ex politician like Jackie Lambie, some Greens member who chains themselves to bulldozers, a government conspiracy nutter, that sort of thing.

Plenty to dislike about Benji but he made the game very entertaining and probably the only real player.

Could say similar thing about Grubby, except I think Benji, Grubby, Mat, Sharn, Shane and even some others brought some okay gameplay but all made mistakes (so hard IMO to call one a real player and not others.) All could struggle against the better strategists from last season. (Me not commenting on season before that as I didn't see it.)

Probably an outlier here but didn't mind the outcome. It was Sharn's to lose and she lost it. Not saying it was deserved, some of those reasons were pretty flimsy but I think Shane did work personalities as well as anyone, perhaps with the exception of Monika. .

I've never minded the outcome of any season tbh. Doesnt affect me directly- as long as it's a good series and we get to see some epic face plants, that's all I really care about.

I've never minded the outcome of any season tbh. Doesnt affect me directly- as long as it's a good series and we get to see some epic face plants, that's all I really care about.
Work on your ability to create a moving gif of Monica faceplanting and you'll be able to save yourself a heck of a lot of time having to watch future seasons!

Could say similar thing about Grubby, except I think Benji, Grubby, Mat, Sharn, Shane and even some others brought some okay gameplay but all made mistakes (so hard IMO to call one a real player and not others.) All could struggle against the better strategists from last season. (Me not commenting on season before that as I didn't see it.)
Open question to all.

What did Mat do apart from:
1. gain early popularity
2. win challenges

He didn't flip anyone, he got played by Benji and then got voted off with an idol in his pocket.

What exactly constitutes an "item" of clothing? Because I'm sure we've seen them wear more than 5 different things, especially if things like shoes/socks/underwear counts
You get your Day 1 Outfit (this has to be approved by production, for me it was: T-Shirt, Jeans, Hat, Belt, Underwear, Socks, Sneakers).
On around Day 10 you get 5 More Items, any of the above count as one item basically, for me I got: 1 x Underwear, 1 x T Shirt, 1 x Jumper, 1 x Guernsey, 1 x Shorts.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Where are the reunions filmed The Smaller Warrior (assuming Sydney) and can you get us invites to next year. We are hard core fans and deserve it.

Except for C1 and DL.
haha it's next to impossible to get an invite really unfortunately; from S1 the only two contestants invited this year were Kristie and Myself.

Nick got an invite from Paige, JL got an invite from Jenna, Anneliese got an invite from Sam.

Then from S2 I think it was only Luke, Tara, Jericho, Lockie, AK, Sarah and Henry invited. Michelle also got invited after complaining haha.

They are filmed at Carriageworks at Sydney and the best thing I can suggest is either buddy-up to a contestant from the season (they get 2-4 invites each) - or engage with the Twitter/Facebook Official Account as they give out a few tickets too and usually pick people they know will be easy to work with (ie won't spoil the result).

They are filmed at Carriageworks at Sydney and the best thing I can suggest is either buddy-up to a contestant from the season (they get 2-4 invites each) - or engage with the Twitter/Facebook Official Account as they give out a few tickets too and usually pick people they know will be easy to work with (ie won't spoil the result).

Yeah well that counts us out then being on BF. :tearsofjoy:

Srsly tho, I would keep the result secret. Not really that keen on going to Sydney for it- if it was filmed in Melbourne would be definitely.

What a pathetic jury that turned out to be in the end.
Should have been a clean sweep, though I’ve had this feeling the last few weeks Shane was winning, was getting a massive winners edit.

You get your Day 1 Outfit (this has to be approved by production, for me it was: T-Shirt, Jeans, Hat, Belt, Underwear, Socks, Sneakers).
On around Day 10 you get 5 More Items, any of the above count as one item basically, for me I got: 1 x Underwear, 1 x T Shirt, 1 x Jumper, 1 x Guernsey, 1 x Shorts.
Do you know of anything production generally don't approve of? The number of contestants who complain of it being cold or wet but I've never seen them bring a nice warm, waterproof jacket makes me wonder.

Open question to all.

What did Mat do apart from:
1. gain early popularity
2. win challenges

He didn't flip anyone, he got played by Benji and then got voted off with an idol in his pocket.
I thought Mat's play was twofold:
1. The obvious physical contributions in challenges plus around camp
2. I don't believe it was just early but continued popularity (shaken by the Lydia move) - edit made it seem he worked the social angles lots, enough to have Mo give him her idol when she knew she was going and enough that he was seen as a big target by others.

Didn't come across as a brilliant strategist and didn't read Benji but had enough connections to hear some whispers eg Sam and enough strategy to try and make himself a bit less of a target eg conceding one challenge to Sharn when they got to the last two (the challenge where Sharn had half the weight she should have due to an advantage). Also enough sense to not run things as a dictatorship (which could also be why ideas like Shane suggesting Lydia were able to get off the ground).

What a pathetic jury that turned out to be in the end.
Should have been a clean sweep, though I’ve had this feeling the last few weeks Shane was winning, was getting a massive winners edit.

I'd put it more down to Sharn being a pathetic lawyer than it being a pathetic jury, there was all this talk about how she would be hard to beat in the final 2 as she would talk the pants off the jury with her gun lawyering skills but instead she stumbled and bumbled when the heat was put on her with a few tough questions and then started begging the jury to vote for her when she realised she had dug herself into a hole.

As others have said here I wouldn't want her to be my lawyer if I needed someone to defend me in court, you'd get life imprisonment even if you were innocent.

That explains how people are constantly appearing in a jumper after its been cold and rainy for a day or two when they weren't wearing one on Day 1

but had enough connections to hear some whispers eg Sam
Lydia flat out told Mat that Sam had told her that people were gunning for her (although this wasn't shown).

Not sure I'd give that as an example of him being connected enough to hear things given they were supposedly in the same alliance

I thought Mat's play was twofold:
1. The obvious physical contributions in challenges plus around camp
2. I don't believe it was just early but continued popularity (shaken by the Lydia move) - edit made it seem he worked the social angles lots, enough to have Mo give him her idol when she knew she was going and enough that he was seen as a big target by others.

Didn't come across as a brilliant strategist and didn't read Benji but had enough connections to hear some whispers eg Sam and enough strategy to try and make himself a bit less of a target eg conceding one challenge to Sharn when they got to the last two (the challenge where Sharn had half the weight she should have due to an advantage). Also enough sense to not run things as a dictatorship (which could also be why ideas like Shane suggesting Lydia were able to get off the ground).
See you mention the Lydia move which he willingly jumped aboard with and which was a huge tactical error. An ally and alternative target down the track and he gets in with eliminating her asap, even missing getting her in the jury.

I kinda get what he was doing but it felt like he hit merge as part of a strong alliance (Sam, Sharn, Lydia, Shane, Steve, him) then sends Lydia home which results in the demise of Sam, doesn't read the signs on Benji who eventually gets him.

There was a little conversation between the two which from memory started where Brian called out Steve for his comments, but Steve kind of covered it up by saying that he actually likes Brian etc. It wasn't really anything, which is probably why they didn't show it.

Ta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back