SEN is unlistenable due to saturation advertising.

Remove this Banner Ad

Wouldn’t be any more ads than previously. Radio stations have hourly quotas on the amount of time a station plays advertising.

They may have increased the number of ad blocks per hour by decreasing the amount of ads per block - netting out at the same amount of time advertising per hour but feeling like it’s more as the content is shorter between blocks.

Having a limited amount of advertisers which results in saturation frequency for listeners would also create the sense the amount of ads have increased.

Do these hourly advert quotas include Tim and Garry plugging companies or just official ads?

Do these hourly advert quotas include Tim and Garry plugging companies or just official ads?
Live reads are included in the quota.
On stations such as SEN they are more highly valued than pre recorded ones as they have greater cut thru. Particularly when SEN gives significant bonus in the recorded ads to fill slots.

Try working and listening on night shift, it's officially unbearable.

I've switched to bouncing between mmm and listening to audiobooks.

What a terrible decision to sack Finey.
And if I ever get terminally ill I promise I will personally kidnap Frank Walker and live stream his slow death by torture for as long as I can keep him alive and enjoy every second of it.

Adding in that half-hourly news bulletin has made it even worse. Now it's basically:

On the hour news

Bunch of ads

First Major segment

Bunch of Ads

Very short news-lead-in segment

Half-hourly News

Very short Comeback segment

More Ads

Second Major Segment

More Ads

Hourly News.

There's literally only 2 significant 10-minute length segments within an hour of broadcasting time.

Adding in that half-hourly news bulletin has made it even worse. Now it's basically:

On the hour news

Bunch of ads

First Major segment

Bunch of Ads

Half-hourly News

Very short Comeback segment

More Ads

Second Major Segment

More Ads

Hourly News.

There's literally only 2 significant 10-minute length segments within an hour of broadcasting time.
It must be close to 25 mins of adds per hour.I can't find anywhere how many adds you are allowed per hour ,I would've thought it was 15 minutes.

Don't forget their half hourly *betting company of the hour* betting updates

I hate this s**t, and I’m somebody who loves a punt.

That w***er from Sportsbet who gets on every morning and is flogging MLB at the moment because it’s the only major sport on. They never, ever mention baseball on SEN so are literally just selling crack to the addicts.

“Oh yeah I’m from Sportsbet! Lads! Banter! Beers! BS! Yes lads! Bantz!”

*******s.

The advertising company they use, with the same 3 voice overs, deliberately make loud and annoying adds that are supposed to stick in your mind.I feel myself getting more stupid the more I listen.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hate to break it to you, ads pay for the programming.
No ads ...... they'd be off the air.
But of course you knew this, right?
There's no need to have almost half the program being adds, they have to follow the laws of the land.It's an insult to people to listen to the same deliberately annoying adds over and over and over. Do you like listening to these constant adds?BTW there are much more adds now Croc media have taken over.As a consumer you shouldn't have to put up with the bombardment of branding adds just to get some trade news.I'm giving up Sen anyway,podcasts are the go now.If I ever met those campaigners who make the adds I would let them know what campaigners they are by ruining peoples peace and quiet.Sales equals campaigners.

There are also just some strange programming decisions.

e.g. the Monday after the Grand Final, you'd probably want to hear Whateley and his heavy hitters giving a long in-depth analysis of the game, the big moments, where it was won and lost, etc. You'd want some sort of looking back on the season that was, as well as discussing prospects for teams in 2019.

Instead we had Trade Radio, with Sam and Nicky Dal derping it up and talking absolute rubbish for 3 hours because there were no actual trades yet.

Honestly, it's not the amount of adds that even bothers me its the fact that it's for the same ******* stuff. Every add break same adds.

Honestly, it's not the amount of adds that even bothers me its the fact that it's for the same ******* stuff. Every add break same adds.

I haven't listened to SEN for years. I watch Fox, and commercial breaks are annoying. It's not unusual to see the same add 3 times in the same break!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back