2018 Bathurst 1000 Oct 4-7

Remove this Banner Ad

Only 2 cars failed to finish. The entire year has actually been quite unspectacular. Thank god the dunlop series boys thrashed the guts out of the cars.
Not even a proper overnight build to get a car ready for the race. WTF is going on?
It was wet Thurs/Fri/Sat and the best we got was some panel damage on the 5 car which was minor.
Bathurst is not Bathurst without major rebuilds before the race.

I don't mnd his enthusiasm , hejust made a lot of mistakes today.

They really need a 3rd voice for Bathurst.
And they can't say they dont have anyone handy , Neylon was there , Noons was there , Naulty , Andrew Jones

Skaife is only second to Brock as my favourite driver so I really want him to succeed as a commentator but I think he's poor. His excitement often sounds forced to me and he over sensationalises stuff way to much.
Also, the constant buddy-buddy digs between all the ex-drivers in the commentary team gets tiresome (an annoying trend amongst a lot of sports commentary in Australia).

Get a proper race caller with Skaife or Crompton as special comments. The other one can be used for pre-race previews and post race debriefs and analysis. I think Larkham works well as a tech guy and Murphy fits the roving reporter role well, has cred with those up pit lane and a good feel for a situation, like Reynolds today, of when to pull back.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Are Lebbo and NSWCROW going to pair up for the 6 hour next year?

Still waiting to hear from the scrutineers if my 04 magna es on gas is eligible....

He looked like he’d get it done easy in 1997 though. It was early on but Skaife had a huge lead before they had a mechanical failure.
Brock was going to be the weak link that day IMO.

When you consider he jumped in other peoples cars twice, and got embarassed by the Sierras in 87..... CL actually has the best record.

Brock was going to be the weak link that day IMO.

When you consider he jumped in other peoples cars twice, and got embarassed by the Sierras in 87..... CL actually has the best record.

Skaife would’ve no doubt carried him that day.
I could be wrong but I’m pretty sure they were looking like the best car at Sandown as well but they had mechanical issues again.

You reckon? I don’t think they get on as well as lowndes and wincup? Bamber to lose his drive?
No one really gets on with SVG, totally different unit.

As unlucky as they've been, Dumbrell and JW work well together so I'd be surprised if they broke that up.

CL will make it a scary combination with whoever he goes with.

I still think Whincup will get him but you could argue either combination. Whincup and Lowndes have won it together before so I’m thinking they’ll go that way. In saying all that, it’s hard to see Dumbrell getting the flick.

Also, Bamber did a pretty good job considering it was his second drive in a Supercar

Remove this Banner Ad

Back