List Mgmt. Delisting and drafting is almost as fun as trading: The trade and draft megathread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wouldn’t get stars without potential though. The only way you get a dominant team is through the draft and developing your own players (maybe one or two trades for younger fringe players along the way, Yeo/Cripps). Trading in star players rarely works as you obviously have to overpay to get them to leave. You’ll never build a team by trading in players that other teams are willing to let go. Lloyd made a good point the other day, that players are let go for a reason..

Good players and stars are two different beasts. you will find that a majority of stars are stars from day one. They don't need 2-4 years of development they are just bloody good footballers and are ready when they get drafted. Of course there is exceptions.
You are correct that you won't build a team by trading in players, but you can certainly maintain being a good team for a number of years trading in players.
Every kid getting drafted this year is an unknown, maybe they might all become stars??? No one knows really. I would prefer to take Kelly over every single one of them. But I understand the AFL community are obsessed with drafting kids they don't know can play. I would always put my faith in what I know than what I don't know.
You have to balance it out with both, in our case we should be trading in as we are doing to maintain being a strong side. If we were the other end of the ladder we would be looking at the draft.

Another error, add it to the list.

He spent all of 2013 and all of 2014 with Melbourne, playing in their VFL side when fit. He's had 6 years in the AFL system.

I can quote the other ones if you like

He's never done that as the main man at Melbourne. But put him in a system where he's competing with Kennedy and Darling and apparently it's GUARANTEED.

Darling played 21. More than 20.

This one I'm quoting just for lols.

So what you are saying is that you got your quotes initially wrong?

He played 20 games this year. More than JK or darling.

He would play. What planet r u on?
The same planet that would see JK and JD ahead of him. He played 20 games - for Melbourne. He is a damn good player but we dont have room for him with fit Jacks. Sure, hed be nice back up for one of these guys going down but selling the farm for a back up player is stupid in the extreme.

People overrating finlayson here. As someone who watches a lot of GWS games and has been a member every year of their existence I speak with authority*

Wouldn’t get a game for us, and wouldn’t even be first reserve. Suspect one on one, and kicking isn’t as good as he thinks it is. Which causes problems

*not really authoratively but just blindly trust me.

You quoted following:

"Freo have only gone cold on Hogan because they got burnt trading pick 1 17 years ago"

I never said that.

We can keep going.

For crying out loud. What exactly is the material difference between what you said:

Fremantle are scared of trading a high draft pick due to what happened with Hodge draft.

Nothing to do with Hogan.

And what I said (off the top of my head) that you said?

"Freo have only gone cold on Hogan because they got burnt trading pick 1 17 years ago"

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't understand why people think we should trade BOTH our first picks??

We would essentially be trading ourselves out of a supposed STRONG draft!

The best option out of all of this is giving Geelong 20 + steak knives OR 2019 First rounder + steak knives.

If Geelong decide that they don't like what we have to offer, we simply WAIT until his contract is finished next year, and again offer our 2019 first rounder then.

NOTHING ELSE.

We already have SLIM pickings in this draft, we don't want to be at a further disadvantage with it.

PLENTY of talent in the early second round!

WHO'S WITH ME???

For crying out loud. What exactly is the material difference between what you said:

And what I said (off the top of my head) that you said?

Ah funny that material difference doesn’t matter in things YOU say, but material difference from someone else results in outrage from yourself.

But at least I quote accurately. You struggle with that it seems.

Ps. I am enjoying f”&$ing with you.

The best option out of all of this is giving Geelong 20 + steak knives OR 2019 First rounder + steak knives.

If Geelong decide that they don't like what we have to offer, we simply WAIT until his contract is finished next year, and again offer our 2019 first rounder then.

NOTHING ELSE.

We already have SLIM pickings in this draft, we don't want to be at a further disadvantage with it.

WHO'S WITH ME???

I'll follow you to hell and back kerrazy that's for sure

NOTHING ELSE.

WHO'S WITH ME???
Agreed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back