Delisted #4 Ryan 'The Clamps' Clarke

Remove this Banner Ad

uITEbjYC.jpg

Ryan Clarke

Player Profile

The Sydney Swans recruited Ryan Clarke from North Melbourne ahead of season 2019 and he’s since shown promising signs as a young midfielder. The number four is a prolific ball-winner and can also be used to blanket a star on-baller, which he proved last year in shutting down gun Kangaroo Shaun Higgins and classy Magpie Steele Sidebottom. Clarke played 14 senior games in a stop-start 2019 campaign and has set his sights on cementing a spot in coach John Longmire’s best 22 this year. Draft history: 2015 National Draft selection (North Melbourne), No. 31 overall

Ryan Clarke

DOB:17 June 1997
DEBUT:2016
DRAFT:2015
RECRUITED FROM: Rowville (Vic)/Melb Grammar (Vic)/Eastern U18/North Melb

Last edited:
Sounds like about what we were getting out of hanners (last 2 years) except clarke is only 21. Also Clarke must be alot cheaper than Hanners. Sounds like a deal with alot of upside.

Any reason why North got rid of him given 20possession hard runners arent that easy to come by?

They have plenty of grunt around the ball and were trying to make him a halfback. Now they have Polec and Pittard who are upgrades on "running midfielder" and "rebounding defender" respectively.

So sad to see the likes of Gazza & Hanners go but also excited about what we are building. We have some brilliant young talent & it seems to me have chosen it is time to bring in the next era.

2019 is going to be an important & very interesting year I think.

Having reflected i have to say this guy seems like the type who will become a deadset champion

Saying it now.

Future Brownlow medalist

Well possibly an attendee

I think this is a pretty good trade. As others have mentioned, his gut running will hopefully be used to replace what Hannebery brought to the team. And if his skills are described as a bit sloppy, that would still be an upgrade on Hannebery's skills from this year.

I wonder if there was a purposeful reason behind this not being a 3 way trade with Geelong and North Melbourne. Part of me thinks that maybe the Cats wouldn't have been as keen if they knew we would bring in Clarke with the pick they gave us.

Very high hairline on this kid.
A good sign and a good replacement for Macca :thumbsu:

This places fascination/discrimination/obsession with hair has made me realize you're all probably bald.

Sounds like about what we were getting out of hanners (last 2 years) except clarke is only 21. Also Clarke must be alot cheaper than Hanners. Sounds like a deal with alot of upside.

Any reason why North got rid of him given 20possession hard runners arent that easy to come by?
Butches the ball by hand and foot. A lot! Defensive side of his game is pretty weak too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just his kicking and ball handling skills really let him down

Being an elite runner can only get you so far

True, but no one expects a star here?

Just someone to push into the best 22 hopefully

Smugness.. wouldn’t expect anything less from self entitled COLAs..

Good luck anyway with Clarke.. your gonna need it

Remove this Banner Ad

Back