Media Kdavva74 and G4L media presents: Mid season salary predictions

Remove this Banner Ad

gym4life

Norm Smith Medallist
Melbourne Bolts Player - BFFCL Pokemon is Life
May 22, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast

There has been talk about the introduction of a salary cap for seasons, something which could truly measure every players worth to their respective teams. kdavva74 and myself have worked to predict the salaries for every single player in the league, if a cap was to be implemented now.

The Breakdown:
The rules are very similar to the last thread of this type, however there are a few key changes.
Contract length: 1 season contracts
Salary cap: $8 million with a minimum spend of 90% (7.2 million)

Tier system: Every player will be split into four tiers.

Tier 1 - No maximum wage, minimum wage 600,000. This tier consists of the clubs elite players, usually highly active in match threads and throughout the league.

Tier 2 - Maximum wage of 599,999, minimum wage of 300,000. This tier consists of posters that are moderately active in match threads but don't do enough around the league to be considered "tier 1"

Tier 3 - Maximum wage of 299,999, Minimum wage of 100,000. This tier consists of inactive posters.

Tier 4 - 1st year rookies 85,000, 2nd year rookies 125,000. This tier is pretty self explanatory.

Veteran bonus - This is our solution to reward loyalty in the league, players that have been at their club for the previous seven seasons will have 10% of their salary not included in the cap. Veterans will be able to be distinguished as they will be italicised.

How we determined the salaries:
We determined the salaries by through a combination of a players posting and Qooty ability. We also took into account how the player arrived at the club however this had far less impact than the ability of the players. The major guide for our decisions on the salaries of each player that we used was a table like this:
553206_5a538c64b6557d67a752ecdda4045c30.png

We used this to separate the players into tiers before including some subjectivity to determine the final salaries.

When the teams salaries will be released:
We will be releasing a teams salary breakdown including analysis every second day.

What if you have left the game and returned? Asking for a friend.
You’re previous seasons have been counted, some one plays 2 seasons then comes back after a break will be treated as an average player.

Lost interest seeing as I am locked into 2nd year wages, although the Wonders have re-signed me to a massive contract.

You should add an estimated value for 1st and 2nd year players, to keep our interest in this.
2nd year players will have their increases predicted in the analysis for their clubs.

Please don't do the Swamprats we've been commuting tax fraud for three seasons and this could blow our cover.
Where are you sending it? and why is it returning?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is wrong already. I'm only at the Roys because they promised they wouldn't cover the hole in the visitors changerooms. Some may call it a gloryhole, I call it an opportunity. Definitely no cash involved officer.

557305_f6f87bd130bc922806bc16d1fbd8c5d7.png

Side note: Cayz should be tier one, no longer have the documents of this and the warriors so unfortunately both have posters on 600k in tier 2.

Analysis to come.
KohPhi is on a massive contract after his strong his strong performance last season including a second place in the much coveted beez medal. He is followed by the bash brothers and _Cayz_ who round out tier 1.
Cheval and ArgusTuft are victims of the lack of rookies the bombers have as the tight squeeze in cap space sees them placed in tier 2 along with some stalwarts of the bombers.
Matty411 should expect a pay rise that could place him in tier 1 as long as he continues his form from the current and previous seasons. _Cayz_ could also be expecting a slight pay rise provided he performs well in the beez at the end of the season.
In terms of who is likely to take a pay cut in order to fit these predicted increases, beez is expected to fall into tier 3 territory while Kohphi may have to make sacrifices as the captain of the team if he wants to keep it all together.

KohPhi is on a massive contract after his strong his strong performance last season including a second place in the much coveted beez medal. He is followed by the bash brothers and _Cayz_ who round out tier 1.
Cheval and ArgusTuft are victims of the lack of rookies the bombers have as the tight squeeze in cap space sees them placed in tier 2 along with some stalwarts of the bombers.
Matty411 should expect a pay rise that could place him in tier 1 as long as he continues his form from the current and previous seasons. _Cayz_ could also be expecting a slight pay rise provided he performs well in the beez at the end of the season.
In terms of who is likely to take a pay cut in order to fit these predicted increases, beez is expected to fall into tier 3 territory while Kohphi may have to make sacrifices as the captain of the team if he wants to keep it all together.

You've got me tier 2 in the pie yet i earn a tier 1 salary and you've stated i'm tier 1.

Rookie error.

Edit: oh I see the side note now.

Actually pretty good gym4life

Well done on doing all the leg work and graphics kdavva74

I just collected the raw stats used to judge salaries. G4L set all the salaries, did the graphs/graphics etc.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back