Delisted #4 Ryan 'The Clamps' Clarke

Remove this Banner Ad

uITEbjYC.jpg

Ryan Clarke

Player Profile

The Sydney Swans recruited Ryan Clarke from North Melbourne ahead of season 2019 and he’s since shown promising signs as a young midfielder. The number four is a prolific ball-winner and can also be used to blanket a star on-baller, which he proved last year in shutting down gun Kangaroo Shaun Higgins and classy Magpie Steele Sidebottom. Clarke played 14 senior games in a stop-start 2019 campaign and has set his sights on cementing a spot in coach John Longmire’s best 22 this year. Draft history: 2015 National Draft selection (North Melbourne), No. 31 overall

Ryan Clarke

DOB:17 June 1997
DEBUT:2016
DRAFT:2015
RECRUITED FROM: Rowville (Vic)/Melb Grammar (Vic)/Eastern U18/North Melb

Last edited:
Butches the ball by hand and foot. A lot! Defensive side of his game is pretty weak too.

Like for like replacement for Hanners then (even in his elite years Hanners has been a bad kick). Although Hanners doesnt butcher it by handball. Hanners also lost that gut running ability to run forward and back due to his injury woes. Still if his ceiling were to be 15/16 Hanners I'd take it!

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-07-03/the-damning-stats-behind-a-stars-shock-demise

Hopefully he comes good but if not, we fortunately didnt give up much for him. Who knows maybe you'll get the next James Hird with your pick. You never know.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Smugness.. wouldn’t expect anything less from self entitled COLAs..

Good luck anyway with Clarke.. your gonna need it

While the acronym CoLA no longer applies as it no longer exists, the acronym lolnorf will always apply as it will always exist.

Thanks for the well wishes for Clarke.

That nelroo fella dropped in, made three posts, and each one had a horrible spelling or grammatical error. Now I'm a bit of a nerd when it comes to that and I've had to learn not to be too much of a prick about it, but bloody hell. #fweeforfwee
And that with all the beamish generosity of spirit that is such a hallmark of what is literally a support base.

That nelroo fella dropped in, made three posts, and each one had a horrible spelling or grammatical error. Now I'm a bit of a nerd when it comes to that and I've had to learn not to be too much of a prick about it, but bloody hell. #fweeforfwee
People complain when I don't delete enough posts, well I'm leaving his there for entertainment value

This is a nice video of him in his draft year. He actually reminds me a lot of Hanners.

I actually pay the Ben Cousins similarities. In terms of how he moves and his body, not talent or ability obviously. He'll be extremely lucky to be 50% of what Ben Cousins was.

But his hunched-over gait, strong running and long limbs make him look similar to Cousins.

I actually pay the Ben Cousins similarities. In terms of how he moves and his body, not talent or ability obviously. He'll be extremely lucky to be 50% of what Ben Cousins was.

But his hunched-over gait, strong running and long limbs make him look similar to Cousins.

And let's hope the similarities stop there :)

Hopefully he comes good but if not, we fortunately didnt give up much for him. Who knows maybe you'll get the next James Hird with your pick. You never know.

To be honest, if we play the scenario out over a twenty year outlook then I'm still comfortable with them getting the next Hird with the pick we gave up

I like the look of this kid.
Huge opportunity for him to make our midfield his own over the next couple of years if he is good enough.
If nothing else, looks like he could provide some dash and entertainment for excitement-deprived swans supporters.

This is a nice video of him in his draft year. He actually reminds me a lot of Hanners.

I wonder how long his kick is. Really looks like a blunt stab pass is his go-to.

Reminds me of Kirk, the way he drops it.

6am? It is morning.

I forget that you're all 3 hours ahead.

To be fair though, I usually wake at 9am.

so..

benefits of being a programmer,

None of that in the office at 9am bullshit.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back