Traded Jared Polec [traded to North Melbourne with Pittard and #48 for #11 and 2019 fourth round pick]

Who won this trade?

• Port Adelaide

Votes: 5 100.0%
  • North Melbourne

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Oct 9, 2003
Singapore / 30,000 feet
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Eagles (NFL), Suns (NBA)
You know you could have drafted Thomas and Scott without trading for Polec and Pittard, right?
Yeah, but now we have all 4.
I mean with points bidding trading out pick 11 isn't really trading out pick 11, but still. You made a conscious decision to bring in older, experienced players.
We also made a conscious decision to bring in young 18 year olds, Thomas and Scott. Plus whichever other kids we draft.

Bestbird

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 18, 2004
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Swan Districts
Average age of 26y109d in Rd 23 with total games played of 2531.

OUT: Waite (35, 244 games) + whoever
IN: Polec (26, 106), Pittard (27, 126), Hall (28, 103), Tyson (25, 107), Thomas & Scott (18/19, 0 each)

It's an interesting approach. When you are starting the season with 12-14 players with 100+ games played and a team profile of roughly average age 27/total games played 2500-3000 it would suggest you think you are contending.
Yeah it is quite an interesting age profile when looking at that round 23 team with only 4 players under 23. Ahern , Clarke, Symkin and Turner.

Rad Roo

Premiership Player
Aug 2, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Yeah it is quite an interesting age profile when looking at that round 23 team with only 4 players under 23. Ahern , Clarke, Symkin and Turner.

Under 23 is not a barometer of good side.........players in their prime r between 26 and 30, that upper ceiling can be higher if managed right. So the players we r getting this year r turning 26, 28, 28, 26 respectively all in their prime. We have gone long way to address the 'bottom 6' issue, in someways the ones we got this yr are more important than the superstars.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
which side of the story do you believe? Port has a **** load of cash and is paying for Pitard to reach the floor or none of its true and we're not paying for him?

You owe GG an apology

Big_Birdy

Premiership Player
Jul 6, 2011
AFL Club
West Coast
Interesting to see the pittard port relationship seemed to be on the rocks. Port saying he was down the pecking order in his exit interview.
He’s filling a need - to what quality he does that is a wait-and-see. Hopefully a move back home to Melbourne is the change he needs to be happy about his footy again.
He’s effectively replacing Clarke who we playing out of position getting him to run out of defence.
Should strengthen the squad Jasper - can’t see to much going wrong with it

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

The only risk with him being in the squad is if you actually give him a game.
Carn m8. Theo saying “Seven News understands” is as far away from confirmed as possible

Seven news probably read it in this thread and ran with it.

"And next on Seven News. Gaff's move to North and what that means for the reigning premiers"

Pykie

Cancelled
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan Pokemon is Life North Melbourne - North 2007 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2013 Daw, Black and Gibson Player Sponsorship
Sep 17, 2006
Lord's
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Leeds United
Carn m8. Theo saying “Seven News understands” is as far away from confirmed as possible

And yet every Port supporter is happy to run with Kane Cornes' ever expanding salary for Polec?

Rad Roo

Premiership Player
Aug 2, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
So Port don't have any salary problems like anyone thought? **** Pitard sounds like paying doesn't matter, rather him gone so Ken can't select him.

Hmmm interesting Warchest anyone? Can't wait for next years free agency now Boak, Ryder and R. Gray ooc also Chad may leave this year. We'll legit have more space then North, May if he stays or Coniliglio as a free agent heck we could make a play for Kelly. If we're struggling to hit the salary floor now imagine Port next year.

Kelly trade is only with north........congnilio is already in talk with hawthorn

Rad Roo

Premiership Player
Aug 2, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
While the age profile of recruits might raise eyebrows, it’s not like professional footballers forget how to play, lose all value and talent at the ripe old age of 26/27

25 to 30 is prime.........gems that we got. Our club has the ability to get mid level recruits to the next level.

Adz2332

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 9, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
oh if the source is 7 news im fine with it not being right.
But anyway neither here nor there. its a salary dump if its only dumping a dollar. or more importantly isnt there for ken to select in the 22!

rainwizard39

Club Legend
Aug 20, 2017
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
The bloke wanted a source, he got it.
Haha 7 Adelaide covering Port is not a source should see other things they've covered when it's about Port. Doesn't make sense either, trade Wingard to lose cap space but pay some of Pitards? Makes sense, not.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Haha 7 Adelaide covering Port is not a source should see other things they've covered when it's about Port. Doesn't make sense either, trade Wingard to lose cap space but pay some of Pitards? Makes sense, not.

Mate, you quote Tredrea and Cornes as if they're gospel, then slag off this bloke as if he isn't credible.

I believe him, and I don't care if you don't as you have been proven as inconsistent and therefore not credible.

Oct 3, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Chelsea
Interesting to see the pittard port relationship seemed to be on the rocks. Port saying he was down the pecking order in his exit interview.
He’s filling a need - to what quality he does that is a wait-and-see. Hopefully a move back home to Melbourne is the change he needs to be happy about his footy again.
He’s effectively replacing Clarke who we playing out of position getting him to run out of defence.
Should strengthen the squad Jasper - can’t see to much going wrong with it
I think Pittard also had aspirations to return to Victoria, despite re-signing with Port in 2017.

I say this because he bought a home in inner Melbourne from my cousin in 2016, and it actually surprised me he re-committed to Port last year. I think Polec and Pittard are good acquisitions for the Kangas.

rainwizard39

Club Legend
Aug 20, 2017
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Mate, you quote Tredrea and Cornes as if they're gospel, then slag off this bloke as if he isn't credible.

I believe him, and I don't care if you don't as you have been proven as inconsistent and therefore not credible.
When have I ever believed Cornes? Lol. Doesn't surprise me people only have to hear about your big tantrum on the Gaff thread to know you'd believe your own BS to suit yourself. You are the least credible and believable person on bigfooty if believe something about North it's most likely BS.

May 5, 2006
AFL Club
West Coast
When have I ever believed Cornes? Lol. Doesn't surprise me people only have to hear about your big tantrum on the Gaff thread to know you'd believe your own BS to suit yourself. You are the least credible and believable person on bigfooty if believe something about North it's most likely BS.

North need Port to pay half of Pittard's salary so they can put the rest towards Josh Kelly.

rainwizard39

Club Legend
Aug 20, 2017
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
North need Port to pay half of Pittard's salary so they can put the rest towards Josh Kelly.
Hahaha, mate I hope for Snakes sake Kelly goes there imagine the sook if he stayed or chose another club. They missed out on Gaff on a $1.3mil a year deal and Goldy is ooc next year on a $800k contract if they couldn't get Kelly from $2.1mil I don't think they have a chance. Or they're overpaying Hall massively.

Can't see North being that competitive next year and will miss the 8 by a bit, Polec isn't enough to get them there. Doubt Kelly, like all players they chase, wants to go there.

PAFC_1870

Cancelled
10k Posts
Feb 21, 2009
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Ferrari, Chicago Bulls
Commenting on other people being inconsistent and not credible, yet believing anything 7 Adelaide say about Port.

Boy oh boy. Wowee.
Oh but Ryder and SPP are hardened criminals according to 7 Adelaide :)

Aug 25, 2006
Mount Waverley
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Typical BF mentality on display in this thread.

Port and North supporters arguing over financials in the hope that they can say we screwed you over lol

Why does there have to be a winner, maybe both clubs got exactly what they want? Now that’s a novel idea!

As for Kane Cornes, he just sounds like a bitter and twisted flog who carry’s around Power Pom Poms.

Back