Traded Fremantle trade pick 6, future 3rd rounder, to Port for pick 11, 23, 30, 49

Remove this Banner Ad

Antares

Club Legend
Jun 19, 2017
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs

Looks like Fremantle won't be getting one of those big 6 draftees. Whatever they get for Neale will be going to Melbourne for Hogan, assuming he decides to go.

Great trading Freo. Doing well so far in trade week!

However, Port are taking big L's left, right and center.
I'd argue as much as I dislike Port they have done well here.

We will struggle to get above them in the draft now and they will be able to have a shot at which ever SA talent is available. They are also banking points already for next year for their father sons coming through.

Maybe gave up more than I thought with 30 and 49 drop one of those off and its even enough but to get pick 6 in a strong SA draft you pay a little extra.

Gives them the option on draft night to move up as well possibly talking to GC with 6 and 10 for 3 and other.

Wingard may be on the move to (no one really knows) 6,7/15,10 (depending on Dogs or Hawks) probably gets them up further again possibly for 2 and 3.

We will struggle to get above them in the draft now and they will be able to have a shot at which ever SA talent is available. They are also banking points already for next year for their father sons coming through.

Maybe gave up more than I thought with 30 and 49 drop one of those off and its even enough but to get pick 6 in a strong SA draft you pay a little extra.

Gives them the option on draft night to move up as well possibly talking to GC with 6 and 10 for 3 and other.

Wingard may be on the move to (no one really knows) 6,7/15,10 (depending on Dogs or Hawks) probably gets them up further again possibly for 2 and 3.

Don't worry, when we get pick 5 from Brisbane we will trade that to you :) :D:D:D:D:drunk::drunk::drunk::drunk::drunk:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2 and 3 would be huge for Port. But losing Wingard for Rankine is too much of a like-for-like imo and Wingard is more than proven at AFL level.

I hope the Saints get involved with pick 4. I think our targets could still be there at 6+10. Twin Towers.

We now have access to the top of the draft, and get a guy like Rankine or King maybe Smith. There was no way we got anywhere near them. Having a future 3rd coming back with a 4th already gotten gives us points for next year we can now trade a future 2nd to go higher or get another 2nd this year.

Guys like Amon, Hombsch maybe Wingard still want out so we'll still have the flexibility to replace those picks.

2 and 3 would be huge for Port. But losing Wingard for Rankine is too much of a like-for-like imo and Wingard is more than proven at AFL level.

I hope the Saints get involved with pick 4. I think our targets could still be there at 6+10. Twin Towers.
I'd love to get 4 from you giving you currency for Hanners and then leaving you in the market for the Kings.

The Wingard one is just such an unknown at the minute. Depends where he ends up as well. Hawks 15 doesn't get Port to 2 and 3 IMO but if he goes to the Dogs 6,7,10 gets 2 and 3 absolutely. Particularly if May goes for 5.

Big win for the Dockers but pretty good for Port also. It was always going to take overs to move up in this draft. Now expecting Adelaide to make a play for pick 5.

A win win trade for sure. Some mouth watering talent for the power at that pick and Fremantle get their man

If Port get 7 for Wingard they can package up 6, 7 & 10 for the Suns 2 & 3?
It works out to be pretty much exactly the same points. But knowing how these deals work, you need to give at least 10-20% point addition to move up so Port would need to give an extra second I'd think.

Either way, with live trading of draft picks Power would have some strength to sit on their hands knowing GC won't select the SA guys and try and poach a pick 4 or 5 for the one they really want.

Love it if GC take Lukosius and Rozee as rumored and Saints take Rankine.
St. Kilda are virtually a certainty to take Max King with pick 4.

The real wildcard is pick 5. Currently held by Brisbane, but it's impossible to know where it'll end up. Could be any one of Brisbane, Fremantle, Melbourne, Gold Coast, Adelaide or Port Adelaide.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back