Traded Fremantle trade pick 6, future 3rd rounder, to Port for pick 11, 23, 30, 49

Remove this Banner Ad

It works out to be pretty much exactly the same points. But knowing how these deals work, you need to give at least 10-20% point addition to move up so Port would need to give an extra second I'd think.

Either way, with live trading of draft picks Power would have some strength to sit on their hands knowing GC won't select the SA guys and try and poach a pick 4 or 5 for the one they really want.
As much as I hate the thought and think port have sold the farm to do it and it will hurt them over the coming years with an unbalanced list, they COULD go to GC with picks 6, 7(if Wingard is traded to the WB) and 10 for picks 2 & 3 if the suns get 5 for May - as the suns should still be able to get both King twins with 5 &6 who they may have taken with 2 & 3 anyway AND it still leaves them with picks 7 & 10 to grab 2 more topline players. They would actually be almost negligent if they didn't do a deal like that

No chance
Thats what it will take to get 5.

Every trade done for picks so far has meant on points, you pay a 50% premium to get the higher pick because the points system doesnt work in valuing trades.

taking 5 and 13 to the draft with Port stuck behind you on that first pick seems like a good thing for Adelaide to me

Thats what it will take to get 5.

Every trade done for picks so far has meant on points, you pay a 50% premium to get the higher pick because the points system doesnt work in valuing trades.

taking 5 and 13 to the draft with Port stuck behind you on that first pick seems like a good thing for Adelaide to me

The only trade Adelaide should do is if it gets pick 2. You don’t sell the farm to have no guarantee that you still won’t get the player you want.... that is crazy

As much as I hate the thought and think port have sold the farm to do it and it will hurt them over the coming years with an unbalanced list, they COULD go to GC with picks 6, 7(if Wingard is traded to the WB) and 10 for picks 2 & 3 if the suns get 5 for May - as the suns should still be able to get both King twins with 5 &6 who they may have taken with 2 & 3 anyway AND it still leaves them with picks 7 & 10 to grab 2 more topline players. They would actually be almost negligent if they didn't do a deal like that
Suns will not take King twins. Pick 2 Lukosius, pick 3 Rozee/Rankine. The only scenario I can foresee is trade pick 5 for 6 and 7 if Suns are happy not to draft one of SA boys and instead go with Smith.

The only trade Adelaide should do is if it gets pick 2. You don’t sell the farm to have no guarantee that you still won’t get the player you want.... that is crazy
The problem is you guys are going to miss out on all of Rozee, Luko and Rankine the way it stands. I dont think your team will be happy with that.

In addition, The idea of GC trading pick 2 or 3 is ridiculous to me. When they might have 5 for May as well, why would you trade down in the draft. Take the top picks. I think 2 and 3 are off the table, there is no reason to trade them

The problem is you guys are going to miss out on all of Rozee, Luko and Rankine the way it stands. I dont think your team will be happy with that.

In addition, The idea of GC trading pick 2 or 3 is ridiculous to me. When they might have 5 for May as well, why would you trade down in the draft. Take the top picks. I think 2 and 3 are off the table, there is no reason to trade them

Correct, we've already been there with GC last year. They aren't giving up the top picks again. Crows fans kidding themselves that they will be ok in missing out on the top SA talent. They'll be moving up and they will give up 8 and 16.

It’s not as if Adelaide doesn’t have players from other states on their list. Even Hately will still be available if they want an SA lad. I’d back out recruiting team in with picks 8,13,16 and 21 which they could use also on the SA captain Valente

No reason they can’t just keep their picks and go best available like they do every other year

OUT: Polec, Pittard, Pick 23, Pick 30, Pick 48, Pick 49

IN: Pick 6, Future 3rd Round (Freo), Future 4th Round (NM)

Ouch.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I like it for Port if I am honest...

You need to overpay to move up the draft when trading only picks.

Port have made the first move to get the top SA talent in this years draft...

Your move, Crows.

Gold Coast get pick 5 for May then go Lukosius, Rankine and Rozee with pick 2,3 and 5.

Then what?

It’s not as if Adelaide doesn’t have players from other states on their list. Even Hately will still be available if they want an SA lad. I’d back out recruiting team in with picks 8,13,16 and 21 which they could use also on the SA captain Valente

No reason they can’t just keep their picks and go best available like they do every other year
Fair enough, I'd be staggered if your team take 8, 13, 16 and 21 to the draft to be honest. Its too many middling picks when your club has said they are keen to move up.

On the other hand, I've always been jealous of your recruiting team, would back them to hit every single one of those picks

Fair enough, I'd be staggered if your team take 8, 13, 16 and 21 to the draft to be honest. Its too many middling picks when your club has said they are keen to move up.

On the other hand, I've always been jealous of your recruiting team, would back them to hit every single one of those picks

I actually think our recruiting team will try and move up but they need to go pick 2 so they can at least guarantee they are going to get the choice of what player they want

I actually think our recruiting team will try and move up but they need to go pick 2 so they can at least guarantee they are going to get the choice of what player they want
Happy to be proven wrong but there is just no way you get 2. There is a 50% loading on points for getting the higher picks per every trade done this year (I dont want to post 3 screenshots here to prove it but you can see it on the draft calc). GC also have zero incentive to trade down given how many picks they have already

Remove this Banner Ad

Back